Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What breed would you love to own but ...

Well never say never, but these are the breeds I would likely never own, even though I really like them.

Old English Sheepdogs - Too much Grooming required

Berners - Too short of an avg life span

Huskies - Too hot where I live

Newfies - Too much Drool

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

A Standard Poodle, but too much grooming. And a Dachshund-I love them, but I like really active dogs that I can go out and do stuff with, plus I would worry about health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    A Standard Poodle, but too much grooming. And a Dachshund-I love them, but I like really active dogs that I can go out and do stuff with, plus I would worry about health problems.

Actually, Dachshunds are very active dogs and love all sorts of activities! They don't really have too many health probles that you ahve to worry about either, they can get back problems but out of all the Dachshunds I've ever known none of them ever developed any

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    My Dachshund, Buttons, and all of the (young, healthy) Dachshunds at work were/are very active little poop heads. They're stubborn though lol. But, I love them for it. I hope to own another one some day. There is just no love like a Dachshund can give you. It's something about their horrible breath I think

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    They don't really have too many health probles that you ahve to worry about either, they can get back problems but out of all the Dachshunds I've ever known none of them ever developed any
    Same here. Doxies are very popular around here (and everywhere else lol) and I see them a lot at work, and I have not met one with disc problems or arthritis associated with their long backs. I know a few with some extremely long backs too, and they're fine!

I think any dog that is sort of lazy I wouldn't be able to handle I need a active dog. The only lazy type dog I will have will be my Dane and Chinese Crested, those are my dream dogs and I will change my life style to fit them in it. I also would need a dog that needs grooming and is kind of high mantinence (excluding my 2 that I said above). I havn't found a dog that I like alot that dosen't fit into my lifestyle yet.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

wow..
    I love many breeds that dont fit my lifstyle.

Australian shepherds, Border collies, Shelties, Malamutes, Saint Bernards, Mastiffs, Pit bulls. The list goes on .
    I love alot of breeds.. But would only own a couple.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven