Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh no. I found a little kitten in the road! (Photo update!)

Great job SAS!!!! I could feel your heart melting as you described him purring in your lap. He is precious!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Timstead is doing nicely

According to Chris, Tim's new dad, he has been using his litter box, loving being combed for fleas, not liking the ear mite meds and not bothered by the worm/parasite meds. He sleeps in his container, with the beanie baby etc.

Chris said that he heard a bunch of noise coming from his cage early this morning....and when they looked in, Tim was evidently bored and decided to mix litter, water and kibble together, forming a concrete of sorts. They think he was trying to get their attention.

Once Tim gets over the worm/parasite meds and flea treatment, they will allow him more space while they are there. Tomorrow I will drop off a bunny fence to keep him confined but not tortured by staying in the container. It won't be long until he will figure out that he can scale the fence. By then, he will be old enough to leave out 24/7.

Tim is happy! And being a good, good boy. He has such an intelligent looking face. He is so calm. He will probably do an about-face soon and become a holy terror!

Congratulations on Tim's new home. A job well done!

Now for my advice.......NO CLUMPING LITTER
    That kitten is too young, and the fact that he is making cememnt shows why. Kittens will get wet and then the litter will cement on their fur, and then they'll lick it. VERY bad for the tummy.

Thanks - that's good to know Jen

I haven't had such young kittens before. Even Lucy was around 16 weeks when I got her. So she and my other cats were ready for prime time when they arrived. Little Timstead had never seen litter before now.....I will let Chris know to switch his litter. They may have already done so. It was pretty comical to hear the story.......sounded like Tim really was trying to cover his food! All he had was water and litter to accomplish his task!

I need to set Tim free from my worry list. I bought him a scratching post today, to give to Chris......and will buy him more kitten food some time next week. Once the Dr. appointments are over, I will set them free of me. I just need to KNOW that he is healthy and neutered before I sign off on him.

Yours truly,

Ms. Worry Wart

SAS, do you think you could get just one more picture before you send
    him off on his new life? One is good but, two is better.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Here is one more....photo, that is!

His eyes looks watery and they were, as he had just come from the Vet where they dug ear mites from his dear little ears for 1/2 an hour........he eventually had no tears ..... I will look for more photos....I took several...

By the way, I saw his Mom on the road tonight. He looks just like her. She hangs out on the side of the road according to my Vet who lives only a few houses down the road from where I found Tim.

Sallyanne, that last picture is heart wrenching- how good to know that he is better now
    He'll be a little cat teenager who is up to no good in no time and never again look so miserbale thanks to you

That picture is a real tear-jerker. What an adorable kitten, and how I would love to see him making cement!

I'm glad that you saved him! ugh i hate what barn cats have to go through!! i hope you find someone who will adopt him!
    *~*chelsea*~*

**Thanks, ashleycat, i love the siggys!!!**

~chelsea* && Timber, George, Fred, & Hammie.
    (Skipper too! )
    [CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Georgia][B]

No new photos! Sorry.

Update on the kitten:

Timstead = Radar - name changed

Radar is doing just fine. He has a slight URI so is taking meds for that along with the ear mite meds ..... He is using his litter box faithfully and enjoying total freedom of his new home. Chris, his new purrent dad, tells cute stories each day about how Radar found his mirror image for the first time.....and where he sleeps, all tucked away, instead of sleeping with them in their bed....etc. etc. He loves being brushed and combed and is easy to pill ! Can you imagine. Wait until day #14 on the pills, and will see what Chris says then.

All in all, Radar is going to be pampered and loved and protected! I am so darn happy for the little guy. He should change his name to Lucky!

As soon as Chris takes new photos and Radar begins to get bigger, I will pop them up here!

Aww, the little guy looks like he had quite the experience at the Vets.Looks
    like tears in his eyes. Imagine all the new stuff he gets to discover every
    single day. I'm sure he should do just fine at his new home. This really
    takes me back to the time went my two kitty brothers(Redbud & Micky)
    were tiny kittens. I had such fun showing them their reflection in a hand
    mirror & letting them experience toys for the first time.It was so neat.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

little kitty

Hello,
    I have been reading all your messages about picking up the stray male kitten. I think what you did was very caring. I grew up on a farm and we had many cats. We used them to control the mice and rats in the barn. U We started with one or two cats but then more and more appeared. You see a lot of people see a farm and drop off unwanted animals hoping the farmer will adopt them. My mom was outside one day and actually saw someone drive by and fling/throw a baby kitten out the moving car window. It was very badly hurt and died a few moments later. Sometimes I would go into the barn and see two new cats appear overnight. We finally had between 20 and 30 living in the barn. Farmers for the most part do their best, they feed and water their cats and do spend some time petting and talking to them. Farmers love animals if you don't you can't be in this line of work. However no one can take that many cats to a vet for regular care, shots, spaying or neutering. It is simply a different way of life, much different then the one I have now in the burbs. People need to stop throwing their unwanted animials onto farmers land and expecting them to take care of their unwanted pets.
    As for this little kitty you have I am sure you will find him a good home. And yes you did do the right thing. His mom will miss him for a while but in a few months she will just have another batch of kittens to feed and worry about and the cycle of life and death marches on.

Thanks for all your help with Radar. Wow, i can't imagine someone digging in my ears to get mites out. Poor baby!!!
    Ugh. that mean cop w/ the citation pad should have let you go!! Anyway, i look forward to more pics of this baby.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont
    I, on the other hand, got a speeding ticket (3 points and $144) on my way back from the vet.

No good deed goes unpunished.
    I had forgotten about this until I read your note in my thread about tickets. Coming back here now I thought it amusing that Timstead's new human has named him RADAR!

Radar update

Pam, it is funny that the new owners named him Radar! I was nabbed by Radar.....

Radar went for his second visit to the vet this past Wednesday. Although my car and wallet went to the vet, I did not. He has doubled his size since his last visit and from all of the fun stories about him, he is turning in to a love bug as well as a wild and crazy kitten. He got a clean bill of health at this visit, along with shots. One more series of shots and then the big snip.

He sleeps with his new mom and dad and plays, plays, plays. I have been promised a pic of him soon and as soon as I get it (them?) I will post them here too.

Yes, Radar is a lucky kitten, for sure.

I saw his fur mom on the side of the road, where she lives, on Saturday. I guess it is a matter of time until she produces another litter.

I forgive the farmers around here, as many of them are just about out of business due to the prices of milk, gas etc. I just feel sorry for the poor cats. Yes, people do leave their homes (move) and leave their cats, allowing them to move on to the next farm or home. It will never change.

Lucky Radar.