Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

first congrats to Kari ...will be looking for pics after this post... hehe

wolfsoul.. wow.. 8mths.. so fast and you seem so petite...lucky you lol

Carmen... love Laura´s second pic.. lol.. such a poser.. adorable eyes!!..
    mine were blue until 3yrs then started changing to green ans stayed green...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I had a great dr appt yesterday! Baby is in a perfect position! My blood pressure is awesome, I'm still growing at the perfect rate, baby's heartbeat is 140 (has been at 140 for every single appointment so far, strange!). We got to hear hiccups, which was neat. I got my strep B swab, but I've decided that I won't go on antibiotics even if I am positive. Been doing alot of research, and to me the risks with the antibiotics are far more dangerous than the risks (2 in 10,000) of the baby contracting step B.
    We had our first prenatal classes lastnight. Didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but I'm glad that Kyle was there to listen to everything (especially when the nurse was going on and on about how "building a baby is a full day's work," so we shouldn't feel bad for being lazy all day hehehehe).

Anywhos, I'm in need of a shower, and then I'm going to start cleaning. I can feel nesting coming on and as soon as we get the carpet down in the baby's room (Saturday!!) I know it will hit me full blast so I might as well get ahead start.
    I've been BOO'd!

Congratulations Carmen and Kari! What a head of hair Laura has! All the babies are so cute. Be careful - now that baby has arrived time really flies! We need to make a list of the 2009 babies born - it's hard to keep track of them. Leslie - Quinn and Vince are so adorable. Since I seem to follow closely behind your pregnancies I was wondering if you are done or going for number 3. Just kidding, I am done, 2 is more than I can handle!

Here is a recent pic of Stratton at 3 months. He's still a big boy - at 2 months he weighed over 15lbs and was over 25 inches.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Stratton is so handsome!

I have been posting photos in the thread Leslie started for Clara's birthday, but I am going to post a couple in here later today!

I hope everyone is doing well. We are adjusting really well and loving every minute with Clara. She had a doctor's appointment today and has already gained all but two ounces of her birth weight back! She gained 6 ounces in two days!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Awww, Stratton! What a cute photo!
    We have us a bunch of really good looking babies here on PT!!! 2009 has proven to be very fertile! :O

Awww, hi Stratton! What a cute little baby boy.

Lyra finally had her 6-month well check today. She was 26.5 inches and 16 pounds, 11.5 ounces. She got scared of the nurse after she measured her head...then things went ok until she had to get all her shots. She was crying in a way I had never heard her cry before!! It was so hard to hear. But, she's doing much better now and is taking a much needed nap!

I thought I would share a few pictures of the last week or so.

Playing with some toys.

Reaching for the camera

With her daddy in the mountains

And a video of her laughing...

Oh my! Lyra is beautiful. Thanks for posting pictures and for the video. I couldn't get any audio but it was very cute! She has gorgeous eyes. So big and full of expression.
    Daddy is a cutie too!
    I am so sorry she got scared at the 6 month check up. I am dreading the first shots for my little one. I hear they cry and cry and get a fever too afterward.

I have a question for the mommies:
    I don't have any medicines in the house for baby Laura.
    What do I need to have in the house over the counter 'just in case'?

Oh Lyra is adorable! And getting so big! She looks really happy

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I have a question for the mommies:
    I don't have any medicines in the house for baby Laura.
    What do I need to have in the house over the counter 'just in case'?
    Infant tylenol is always good to keep on hand. Mylicon gas drops are awesome, I would have gone nuts without it. The walmart brand works just as good as the name brand IMO.

All of these little babies are making me melt! SO CUTE!!!!

Carmen, I was actually advised not to keep anything "just in case" as people tend to overmedicate when they have things right there. I would imagine anything you can safely and effectively treat at home can spare a couple minutes as you go to the store to retrieve the meds for the particular problem you're facing at the moment. I haven't gotten anything, yet, but that's kinda the mentality I'm going with.

Lyra is so beautiful! Your husband is great looking! He and Lyra could be a Baby Bjorn ad! That hat is too cute. I didn't check out the video yet but I'm sure it's awesome! I'm just taking a wee break.

I gave Clara her first bath since getting home. Not a submerged in the water kind of bath, but just sort of top and tails. She did really well, I think because I kept her wrapped in a warm towel the entire time, and just exposed the part I was washing at the time. She's wrapped in a sleep sack now, hanging with Daddy.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Carmen, I was actually advised not to keep anything "just in case" as people tend to overmedicate when they have things right there. I would imagine anything you can safely and effectively treat at home can spare a couple minutes as you go to the store to retrieve the meds for the particular problem you're facing at the moment. I haven't gotten anything, yet, but that's kinda the mentality I'm going with.
    The only thing I will say about that though is Ty's first fever was 103 degrees and in the middle of the night. In that case, you need to be giving tylenol ASAP to get that fever down. That's the only reason I suggested having tylenol on hand. And mylicon is so mild that they actually can't overdose. It just eases the gas pains (when colic hits, maybe around 6 weeks or so I think? it's a lifesaver).

We are so fortunate here at PT to have some of the cutest babies in the world!! Great pictures of everybody's little ones!! Carmen, Laura sure does look Italian and I think she looks alot like her Mom

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Lyra is too cute. Love the tie dye - is it a dress? Lyra and daddy are cuties as mentioned by others but that scenery isn't too bad either!

Infant tylenol is good to have around. My doctor said no ibuprofen for a while but I forget til when. Stratton was fine after his shots - no fever. I prefer no medication so I didn't give tylenol after shots just in case even though the doc said I could.

Mylicon has not been a miracle worker for me. Fortunately Stratton is mellow but my first baby was not comforted by anything!

Thanks for the advice ladies. Yeah, I am afraid of the middle of the night fever and such. I also heard that the ibuprophen is a no no until they are older.
    I think I will go ahead and get some infant tylanol and mylicon.
    I hope to not use it but you never know.
    Things always happen on the weekend and in the middle of the night.

Hey mommas, do your babies like thier baths?
    Laura starts cooing as soon as she is in the baby tub!
    She especially likes to have her hair washed and dried.
    When the hair dryer starts, she gets all quiet and relaxed.
    Laura seems to be a very laid back baby.
    She cries only when she is hungry and when she is 'exposed' for the diaper change.

Carmen, Laura sounds so sweet! It's awesome that she likes her bathtub! Clara hasn't been submerged in water, yet, but I did give her a bath and she only got upset when I changed her diaper. I had her wrapped in a warm towel the whole time, though, so she never got cold. I have heard that a lot of babies cry during bathtime simply because it's chilly!

Do all babies eventually get colic? I don't even really know what that is, or what can be done about it if they do get it! I know it stinks when they have it, but that's as far as my knowledge takes me.

We went for our first family outing today! Went to Braum's for breakfast and Target for a couple groceries. We were out for just under two hours, and Clara and I both did really well. We kept her in her car seat for Braum's (David likes the seat, especially for quick trips inside), but I put her in the wrap for Target. I love that thing so much, I have already used it all around the house and it is awesome. She's in right now, and just finished nursing! I did laundry and dishes with her in it yesterday. Hands free is so much easier than one handed living, haha.

I seem to be healing well, but I have nothing to compare it to, really. One spot on my incision seems to be more easily agitated than any other, mostly when I have to get in and out of bed. Other than that, though, I'm not all that inconvenienced.

Clara sleeps in 3 to 4 hour blocks at night, which is great. I seem to be up with her for about an hour each time, though, but I think that's mostly because I really don't know what I'm doing yet.

She is so much fun, we gave her tummy time a few times yesterday and she can hold her head up for about ten seconds so far. She doesn't set it back down softly, though, as the control isn't really there. But, she does hold her head up and move it around, looking at everything. It's pretty cool.

I had a little bit of a meltdown last night, because I couldn't get her to stop fussing and eat, but I knew she was hungry. She was just fiddling around, though, and not actually latching on. Luckily, it was a short meltdown and she finally ate. We both slept for four hours and I know I feel much better for it!

That's my long update!