Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

Oh My goodness! So you are probably holding your little one now!
    Can't wait to know how momma and baby are doing.

Just incase some haven't seen:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=155073
    Yay, congrats to Kari!

Just a little update on us. I'm getting bigger..and she is ALL out front...You can't tell I'm pregnant from behind, or even from the front most of the time (although the belly button sticking through the shirt can give it away) -- just from the side! I've lost a bit of weight again. I think my water weight goes up and down quite a bit.
    I'm considering calling all of my clients and cancelling their appointments for the remainder of the month. I feel really bad, but I'm doing very physical work with no air conditioning (and my shop gets up to 40 degrees some days (104 F), so I am just dying in this heat) and I'm starting to get quite a bit of belly pain. I think it's just from too much bending.. I'm worried I'm going to get a hernia or something. I feel bad because some of my clients booked their appointments 3 months ahead, but today was the most difficult day I've had in a while, I was so burnt out and hot and gross, I felt like I could either have a panic attack or just sob. I have a dr appt on Tues so I'm going to talk to her about the belly pain, but I can almost guarantee that over my workless weekend I will be pain-free, which will pretty much tell me it's work that is doing it to me. I'm sure with the amount of work I do I'll be physically fit enough to push a baby out, but if I get a hernia from working I guess that won't be happening LOL. Yes, I'm pushing myself too hard.

Here are a couple of pictures of my progression..

6.5 months

8 months one week (in my pjs!)

There is very little room left for her. I am not as stretchable as I would like to be. Everyone thinks she is going to be tiny but I think she's going to be a surprise giant. I have developed a very good posture over the last month, because my goodness if I slouch at all, there are limbs banging themselves into my ribcage, and it is not the most pleasant feeling. Bed time is only good if it's her bed time too. Otherwise she can keep me up, kicking, hiccuping, etc.
    Anywhos, still having a good pregnancy. Not many complaints here. I had heartburn for a couple of days last week (overeating -- bad me!) but other than that I haven't had any heartburn, and haven't had braxton hicks for quite a long time now. Just finally started feeling the heat a couple weeks ago. I have a really hard time sleeping even with the air conditioning on. It's not so bad if I have a shower right before bed though. My restless leg hasn't been bothering me too badly. My feet KILL me in the morning and certainly do while I'm working, but at the end of the day they're fine. Been craving garden carrots.. I must eat 50 of them a day, and we have SO many of them in the garden. I think I have to go pick some now actually. LOL.
    Oh, wanted to ask. Do any of you girls crave smells? My goodness I crave smells!! I crave the smell of car tires and underground cellars. Weird huh?!
    I've been BOO'd!

Wow, times flies! You are already almost there too!

Hey Kari!!!! How are you and Clara doing? Has she made her appearance yet!?

Listen all you new moms...

I wanna see more baby pictures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Hey Kari!!!! How are you and Clara doing? Has she made her appearance yet!?
    Did you not see the other thread? Miss Clara Elizabeth was born on the 21st, c-section, and was 7 pounds, 15 ounces!
    I've Been Frosted

Oops! I didn't know there was a new thread!

Here are some recent pictures of little miss scrunchy face!

Aww, she does have eyes! Hi, pretty girl!
    I've Been Frosted

Laura is beautiful! I love the second picture- so cute!!

Oh my gosh Laura is so cute! I love that huge smile pic!!! Wow she's smiling already, that's awesome!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Carmen, are her eyes as blue as they look?! She's gorgeous! That second one is so fun, she looks like a dancer in midpose! Thank you for the photos! I am posting mine in the other thread, but I will be creating a thread just for sharing photos, as I'm sure there will be many. I can't believe wolfsoul is almost there! Time really does fly!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Carmen, are her eyes as blue as they look?!
    Yes, and I really hope they stay. My hubby has beautiful blue eyes that are almost grey. It would be great if the Italian 'genes' got messed up with his blue eyes!

Congratulations again!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Yes, and I really hope they stay. My hubby has beautiful blue eyes that are almost grey. It would be great if the Italian 'genes' got messed up with his blue eyes!
    There's hope! I'm Italian with brown eyes, and my ex is German with beautiful blue eyes. I have 2 sons - one got brown and one got blue!

And what a beautiful baby she is!

And congrats to the new Moms!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Adorable, Carmen!

Laura is keeping me up. She ate at 2.45 and then again at 3.30... changed her, burped her but she's being a bit fussy.... She's in my lap mow... wide awake.... maybe there was caffeine in the milk.... I'm so tired.... Zzzzzzzzzzz