Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cinder wants to keep the Stray she "found"...

Daisy here. I never meeted a skunky 'afore! They sounds like a lotta fun though. I hope you all don't smell skunkish any more though, cuz yer dad sure doesn't seem to happy about it! Well Mom's got homework so I gotta go. Stay outta troubles, you two!
    Love,
    Daisy

One time last year, me and Cody girl sleyed a zippy and hid him inna wood pile, way unner the sticks. For months mom kept mumblin, "I smell skunk!!" What a SU-prize she got one nite when she lifted up a stick and there was mr. zippy, all dead and frozen like. She found our stash! She wasn't laffin much tho. And Cinners, so glad yer nailin dow yer strokes and paw paddlin talents. Now, we just gotta get Cody to follow yer lead. Woof at you later. Oh, and guess what, Smokey and Cinners...For my birfday, I gotta a big doggie cake in the shape of a star*****!!! Yum! Mom's the best. Lots a labbie butt wiggles and husky ear perks to our friends. Love, your pals Star and Cody.

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

We're back; fromma White Coat's Lab ...

I nowed sumpin wuz up last nite. We gotz our grub urlee, then no outie till reel dark:thirty. Dad grabs a zippie bag an hooks me up onna leash stringy. No runnin inna yard; jest lotsa *go poddies*. I gived up and took a dump. Dad uses his litestik then scoops up my stuff inna zippie bag?? SmokeMan's next onna leash. Found out later he wuz a tuff case - no poddy while Dad's lookin. Came back in wiff Dad mutterin he thinks he got the rong pile - handz were so kold he couldn't tell iffin it wuz "fresh".

Lebbin a-klok atta shop; nudder zippei bag an Smoke goes out solo, wiff Dad hawk-eyen out the door. Dashes out an comes back *grinnin* wiffa fresh bag of Smokey stinkie.
    Letz go, hop inna trakter kar.

Hmmmm, this house looks familiar. Uh, Oh; it's Doc Mike's Lab. In we go; Smoke turns onna *shake & vibrate* motor.

Furst thing is that durn elevator table wiffa meter thingy. I rides up an Doc sez...
    Hmm, 49.1; that's up four frum April.
    Uh, Oh...
    Doc's Gurl sez Wun more pound an she needs the big, spensive HeartGard.
    Hush, Gurl!!
    She's not overweight, YET; but you should cut her back a little...
    Dad sez She won't get to 50.
    Uh, Oh...

I got off purdy good; earbones squeekie kleen, heart tickin and lungs sukkin OK, toofs kleen enuff, eyeballs shinee an brite. OkeeDoKee, I'm outta here...
    Check her hips.
    The're fine, Dad. Whooa Doc; easy onna joints - my legbones don't go that far!
    She's fine, nice and tight. Hold her for the *shot*.
    {{Full-Nelson applied to headbone}}
    {{Zippp, whooshe, pop!}}
    Whas'zat?
    Good Cinder, here's a biscuit!
    Purdy durn small biskit fer all that Dad's payin ya, but thanks, Doc.

OK, Smoke, hop on the scale.
    Nuts ta that, ya pulled me off when I tried ta jump on wiff Cinners. Well, OK; since ya tossed me on an tied me here; I'll jest cower an *shake*.
    He's 43.1; but the four pounds since April look good on him. And look - he's stopped shaking! Good boy, Smokey!
    {{Blush}} Na-na, Cinners.
    Hey, Doc; get that telescope outta my earbone.
    Express my WHATZ? Put my tailbone DOWN!
    Hold onto him; he won't like this.
    Yipes! I sure won't do ennie more *rug skootin* on my butt while Dad's lookin!
    Yep, he needed that.
    Like heck I did! Hope yer finnerbone stinks!
    What about that knee, Doc?
    {{more groping and poking onna kneebone}}
    Well, he's got a class 3 out of 4 "medial Luxating Patella"; he'll be a candidate for surgery if it gets any worse or bothers him. Cost about $800 at the hospital clinic I'd recommend.
    I jest GOTZ ta stop *limpin*! Hoppsbittel? An they're talkin bout that Sir Jury guy again. Ate hunnerd buckz will buy a lotta toyz an chew bonze. Letz skip the Sir Jury gig!
    Gimmie the krummie biskit an letz get OUTTA here!
    Bring him back in February for his *shotz* and we'll look at it again.
    Doc, you can bet yer last bippie I'll be outta towne that day! Hmmm; tasty biskit!

Glad that's ober wiff! Hey, Dad; does Smokey relee have to go see that Sir Jury guy?

We'll have to think about it. We don't want him to be a cripple in a few years... Let's go back to the Shop and you Kids can have brunch.
    OkeeDoKee; thatz a good plan!!

{a short while later...}}
    HEY Dad! Were's the resta my krunchies!??
    That'll be enough for you, from now on, "Chubby".
    CHUBBIE? Doc Mike dint say THAT! Jest cuz he rolled my side furz half way round to my backbonez don't mean nuffin...
    Smoke - didja have yer paw onna up-an-down table when they wuz all watchin the meter dial?

Nope, I dint do nuffin. Hey Cinners, how come we call that the White Coat's Lab? That nice Doc Mike wuz wearin a blue-green skrubby shirt an pantz, notta white coat?

Shut yer trap, Gimpy. I'm commin ober to help you suck up yer krunchies iffin yer not dun when I finish whut liddel I got in my bowl!

Sheese, whadda *grouch* she kan be!

OK, Dad; I'm all dunn pawboardin my storrie - letz head for the Ranch and DINNER!

Not dinner time yet, Kid. Suck it in for a while!

Grrrrr! Itz gonna be a loooong winter...

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Cinder & Smoke ]
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Kylie Kat Here!!!
    I never been to da White Coat and I don't think I wanna!! Cinners I think you look purdy and Smokey you look hansome too!!!
    Y'all deserve some more, krunchies for dat, ordeal!!! and extra treats too!!!
    Its just cuz dad luvs ya soooooooo much!!! Smoke-- watche yer kneebone!! Be Careful!!
    Thanks for the update!!!
    CHEERS!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Hey Merlin here: hang in there Cinder gal I finally got back to moms idea of good weight. i get two smaller meals now. (better than one in the morning) It only took 3 long weeks. Cooler weather feel more like playing, still hot here very strange for here.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

test

test

Bare with us folks - we can't see what's happening here on Page 9 ...

At Karen's, our esteemed co-Moderator, suggestion, we've opened a New Thread...

"Cinder, Smokey & "The Pack" ...Continued beyond page 9..."

Fellow FurKids ~ We're moving on...

Page 8 might have been a record; let's try for page 10 on the new topic!

We might not be able to see this, cuz it'll appear on page 9; but we'd like for our whole Big Extended "Pack" to join us on the new page ~ See ya'll over there...

Lotsa Love from Cinder, Smokey, Boots, the Kat, and of course, "Dad".
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

This BY FAR gets the award for BEST THREAD of 2001!!!!!!!
    And it lasted almost as long as the Year!!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

ABSOLUTELY!! This is what started my addiction to PetTalk and I've never regretted it. I still think Phred should make it into a book and have it illustrated.....it has best seller all over it
    Laurie

First time to see this thread for me. I enjoyed it very much. Now I know how Smokey came to live with Cinder, Boots, and Phred.

Moff, you might check some of the other threads in 2001

This thread was BA (before Amy). I'm glad it came back to "front lines", as i did not know the whole story of Smoke. What a great story!!!

And I agree Phred sould write book...short stories of the furkids

This is just too good to be lost in the past - GREAT stories Cinder & Smoke - AND Phred!!

I agree, definately material for a book! We'll be glad to help with the pics (if still available) and layout. Got a title ready?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

This is one thread I have bookmarked, and I come back and read it every now and again.

I love it!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."