Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Annual California BBQ!!!

I'm still planning on driving there with my friend, but I won't know for sure for quite a while.

If we do go it would be both the BBQ and Disneyland.

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    Roll Call:

Gini
    Slick
    Sara
    Laurie
    Richard
    Laura/Alexa
    Debbie/Terry
    Karen/Aaron
    Tracey
    Kelly
    Tonya
    Staci
    Catland (I'm sorry, I don't know your name )

Aly?
    Amberlee?
    Amy?
    Wolfsoul?
    Nom?
    RedHedd?
    Cincy's Mom?
    Luckies?

Anyone else???

I know this seems a bit early...but with only 140 DAYS LEFT, there are gifts to plan for.
    Terry's coming toooo???
    Yeaa!!!
    Didcha tell him there will be a familiar face? Does California have Cracker Barrel?

I am not sure if I will have a friend coming with me or not - her dad was diagnosed with Cancer in November and not sure if he is doing well. Then Amy/Cincy's Mom - not sure if she will come or not we haven't talked about it yet...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

You are all making me so excited.

I promise that everything will be DRY by July - if it isn't, I think I will just MOVE!

Kelly, thanks for the list..........you beat me to it. I was going to go back and read all of the posts to make my own list.

As always, you are wonderful!

Hugs to all of you and all that have attended the first two BBQ"s will be really anxious to meet the new attendee's. Trust me.........NO ONE will feel left out/lonely/at a loss for words.

I have never met a more wonderful group of people that I now am fortunate to call dear friends.

Warning: We laugh a lot!!

Are you allowed to bring our pets with us? Where is the barbecue going to be? Anything else i should know about?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

When it is closer to July, I will p/m all of you with directions to my home, time, etc.

I have been thinking about people bringing their pets and because my yard isn't that big..........but mainly because this is the home of Rascal, Annie and Emma..........I am leaning towards saying no.

Rusty and Ginger are the goldens that live across the street.
    My neighbor brings them over to say hi to everyone, but she takes them back home after a little while.

Even that sends Annie and Emma into a tizzy..........they just aren't used to dogs or other pets in their yard. Rascal just says, "yeah, golden boy, come on over and let me have some of that nose!!"

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Are you allowed to bring our pets with us? Where is the barbecue going to be? Anything else i should know about?
    I see that Gini has answered your question on the pets issue. Having been there last year, I would think that it would be really crowded if everyone brought their pets, and with people walking around all over the place (in and out of her house) and perhaps stepping in "stuff" we certainly don't want to turn Gini's back yard into a dog park. This is really meant to be a "people" gathering, not a "pet" gathering. Just my 2 cents worth. (Besides, we want to be invited back don't we??? )

L4M, the BBQ is right in Gini's back yard. We all sit around the patio table or picnic table and enjoy the moment. Just like Thursday's, we leave our attitudes at the door and have a good time with good company. That's what it's all about.
    Last edited by slick; 02-28-2005 at 10:54 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

What about baby rats in cages? I was going to bring a rat or two for Uabassoon. Thought maybe others might want to see them too.

I wasn't sure exactly where the meeting was held, which is why I asked about bringing dogs. I'm still bringing Freckles to California with me, but I can keep her at my brothers while I'm at the barbecue. Now, if I can remember to bring my sunscreen I think I will be fine. HAHA, I told myself I'd never go back to California during the summer. Perhaps I'll make use of my stay there and travel back to Huntington Beach and paint curbs again like I did in the old days, LOL.

What's good about this trip is I'll get to see my family again! And of course, meet all you cool people too. I'm really looking forward to this.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    What about baby rats in cages? I was going to bring a rat or two for Uabassoon. Thought maybe others might want to see them too.
    I'd love to see them but.........
    Rascal just says, "yeah, golden boy, come on over and let me have some of that nose!!"

If Rascal wants a piece of Rusty, I can only imagine what might happen if he sniffs out a rattie. I know they will be caged, but anything can happen. Also, some people get squeamish around rodents. Better ask Gini first before bringing them along.
    Last edited by slick; 02-28-2005 at 02:52 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

9. The House of Orange might enjoy a little snack!

My husband hates the sight of rats. Many years ago he was a truck mechanic for trucks from a grainery. When he would be under the truck fixing something, rats, high on rat poison, would attack.....

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    The House of Orange might enjoy a little snack!

My husband hates the sight of rats. Many years ago he was a truck mechanic for trucks from a grainery. When he would be under the truck fixing something, rats, high on rat poison, would attack.....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Because of the cats it might be easiest to just meet before or after the BBQ. We'll be in town from Friday until Tues morning.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    Because of the cats it might be easiest to just meet before or after the BBQ. We'll be in town from Friday until Tues morning.
    Sounds good. Though I doubt the cats when win against the rats, Heh. Rats can get pretty feisty. I remember when Ewok was younger and he stuck his paw through the cage of my females. That was the last time he attempted that LOL!

Since we'll both be in Anaheim it should be pretty easy to meet somewhere.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'm a "definite/maybe" at this point as I'm not sure if I can afford a second trip in July. I'm going to Toronto with a girlfriend the end of June and am not sure if my bank account will be able to afford TWO trips in one month.

When and where is everyone landing? I might be able to swing a "just a weekend" jaunt, flying down on Saturday and leaving on Sunday. I haven't had the time to dig through this whole thread.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

When and where is everyone landing?

I have not yet decided when my arrival date will be but I will be landing at LAX, as I did last year.

I will probably fly home Wed the 20th if nothing else is going on. Besides, I'm sure after all that time Genie....I mean, Gini, not to mention the orangies, will be glad to gain back some peace and quiet.

What's that saying now?? After 3 days fish and visitors stink!!!
    Last edited by slick; 02-28-2005 at 06:43 PM.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Gini, would you send my husband an email and ask him to cash in some of his numerous frequent flyer miles to get me out there?? Wonder if he'd do it??? I WANT TO COME!!!!!!!