Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I keep my cats indoor or indoor/outdoor

I see so many cats ran over on the road whenever I go out!

I keep mine inside and always have. There are just to many dangers out there to leave them outside. Mine are very happy staying in, never want to go out or attempt to get out.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I keep mine indoors if not for anything but peace of mind! They're less prone to illness, getting into fights, getting run over, being picked up... etc.

facebook

Here's an option I haven't seen on the thread yet: One of my sisters allows her cats outside in harness, attached to a VERY long bungee cord (about 25 feet/ 7.5 meters). This allows them to explore the back yard, but not to leave it. (I think she also keeps an eye on them while they're having outside time.)

Aside from a life-imitates-cartoons event involving Misty chasing a squirrel, I think the kitties are quite happy with the arrangement.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

I already posted on the thread about collars. Again, I think indoors is the safest place for a cat. UNLESS YOU TAKE IT OUTSIDE ON A HARNESS AND LEASH. Unless I had my eyes on my cat the entire time it was outside, I would not even consider leaving it outside with leash on the clothes. You can make an indoors an adventure for you cat. We have several bird feeders outside that the cats just love to watch!! You can purchase really neat interactive toys so you can spend quality time playing with your cat. Our 8 cats have a 7 foot cat tree that they love to hang out on and watch the birds, squirrels, butterflys, and other cats(strays)safely. There have been many nights that I have heard the howling and the fighting of the strays. I just feel alot better that they all are inside, safe and sound.
    Our vet suggests on litter box per cat. How we came to hav 11 litterboxes, I will never know!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Thanks guys!! Ill work on my folks to see if we can build an enclosure for Seafa. I've convinced Mum to let me keep Seafa indoors at night anyway. we have one of those fancy cat doors from our other cats, so when she old enough for us to even think about lettign her outside, I will unlock it, and if she figures it out, then ill have to see about an enclosure, or just taking her on walks on her harness and leash. I am soooo worried about having her outdoor/indoor. My neighbors cat (the evil cats sister) got hit by a car several years ago, but there's been no other accidnts near me since then i dont think. oh well, seafa enjoyed her outdoor time this morning and she lazed around in the sun. we're goign on holiday today with her so thatll be fun. shes great at travelling!!

My two are also kept indoors only as I could not stand the thought of them getting killed by a speeding car. Also , I think I would freak out if one of them had a flea or a bug on them . I know that sounds a liitle bit much, but I really do not want a flea(s) in my house! In the warm weather They get to sit on one of my windowsills, with a full screen in and only when I am right there with them to supervise so nobody scratches on the screen It is funny, but they seem to understand the rule....No standing up on the sill....you must sit at all times.... or you have to get off.....Gee, what a mean meowmie I must sound like But I only worry about their safety at all times
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Our three are indoors only. My in-laws have indoor/outdoor cats, but they live way out in the country and are not near any roads. I wouldn't even consider indoor/outdoor in town.