Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions sought...teenagers especially and mothers....

I'm one more mom that under my roof under 18 you do what I say. NO to tats and peircing except ears 1 hole . Daughter only son NONE
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    Melissa is a pretty responsible girl for her age most of the time, and I trust she will not let me down here either, but like all teenagers she has her moments, hopefully if she gets it done she will continue looking after her skin problem too. here's hoping.
    Part of the deal should be if she stops looking after her skin (after piercing) she needs to take it out and has to wait till she's older. That way she would still look after her skin problem??

My dad never wanted me to get any piercing's when I was younger. Mom wanted me to though...but as I got older, I just didn't want ANY. I don't even have my ears pierced at this point and I'm almost 21...lol

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I would say that, providing she can prove that she will be responsible in the care of the piercing, then you should let her get it done. Melissa seems like she is prepared to make the effort and work to earn your trust, and then get the piercing.

I agree with Uabassoon - it is in an area which can be easily hidden and can esaily be taken out.

My daughters are 16 and 14 and they have both had theirs done for TWO YEARS already - I think it looks stunning.

It's also great that she trusts you enough to discuss and negotiate with you - too many teens do DIY piercings or go to cheap places and have terrible infections etc. When my son had his helix done I had no problem with it - but I made sure he saved up the extra $ to have it done professionally instead of at the mall with a gun!!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

That is my way of thinking, to beable to talk about it with her, let her know I am somewhat negotiable with conditions, I know myself I was raised by fairly strict parents, I just went behind their backs and did things, not that I did anything bad, but my parents never acknowledged that as a teenager I might even be remotely interested in boys forbidding me to date until I was 16, but yes I did meet boys and guess who left home at 16 to get away from overbearing rules, some of which were not fair and I still say that today, I honestly was scared of them rather than respectful,however I feel my parents still did a good job of raising me just the same and installed some values into me,but I do not intend to bring my children up exactly how i was, I intend to be more understanding if I can be, approachable and not so strict and to hopefully give them more self esteem than I ever had, one I have had to work on extremely hard..

I admire those parents who make rules and stick with them,and believe me I have certain rules too that I will not bend on in any shape or form, I believe in being fair and for me I don't see this as a big issue, infact my only reason I am a little hesitant is incase something goes wrong and that I don't like the thought of it, it seems painful compared to ears, but some of you have assured me it is not.

Audrey your suggestion was a good one, I will indeed tell her that if she does get lazy with the cream treatment, then she will have to have it taken out and let it close up, now that she would not like one little bit.

It has been really good to read all the replies and I have welcomed them, each having different points of views, and tips for me to think on, thanks heaps everyone.

Corrina my 24 old son has no piercings or tattoos either, he is conservative in that respect,the only thing he ever did when he was like 16 was grow his hair and have it braided, he laughs about it now, and we have pics , he does shave his head now and then but that is mainly for playing sport, as it is cooler.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

If it helps, I let Katie get her nose pierced a couple of summers ago safe in the knowledge that she would get fed up with it and take it out after a month or so......
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

my parents dont care if i get pericings or tattoos ive got my nose done,bellybutton labret (getting tounge) and have a tattoo and im 15 and im not a follower im kind of a setter
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I don't think Melissa is interested in any other piercings other than the top of her ear, a fairly common one, I actually have found only two places in my city that do body piercing, plenty do ears like at the pharmacy etc, but not belly buttons, one say's sterile conditions , the other say's nothing so I will be checking both out throughly before we do anything, if they don't meet my standard it won't be done.

I have something in mind for her 21st (i know its along way off , but I am a planner) I have my old engagement ring from my first marriage, and my eternity ring from this marriage,(it does not go with my current new rings I have, long story) so i am thinking getting them made into a belly bar in a heart shape or tear drop shape would be neat, it would be worth a lot too, and something she can have as a keepsake, anyway's we shall see.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️