Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know it's routine, but I'm going to faint

Thanks for whipping me into shape I need it bad. I'm such a wuss when it comes to animals having to do anything remotely scary for them, especially alone. I feel so bad he has to stay in a cage. Of course he will be knocked out for most of the time though. I brought in his blanket he sleeps on here and his squeaky chicken toy. The nurses probably though I'm overprotective and insane.... oh wait, I am!! I blame my mother! She is too overprotective of me like I am with my babies.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Most of us, in our second life, would like to come back as your pet, Aly.

He's DONE!!!!!!!!! I can't get him yet but they just called and said he's doing fine. And I get to get him at 4:00!!!!!!!

No more crying until I get the bill
    Alyson

Aly, I know how you are feeling having gone through it twice in the past month. When Reece comes home he will still have a little side effect from the anesthesia. Just cuddle with him extra tonight and he will forget about it and you will feel much better.

Give him a big hug from me too!

4 more hours!! Lolly and I may go pass some time at the park and pet store but I've come down with a cold from recent work stress so I'm not sure. We might just stay sitting here staring at the clock.
    Alyson

So happy Reece is doing good! Have a cup of tea and take a nap you don't want to laid up with a cold.

Originally posted by Logan
    Most of us, in our second life, would like to come back as your pet, Aly.
    Logan how true!!! LOL!! Aly we adore you and Reece and Lolly and Shiloh and are so happy that all is well. Maybe now with those newly polished pearly whites Reece may start competing with Graham for "most beautiful smile!"

IT"S OVER!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!! Now you take care of yourself Aly! Can't wait to hear the FINAL good news that Reece Man is home! Hugs and kisses all around! And Lolly and Shiloh, thanks for taking such good care of your Mommy while Reece was away!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

How ya doin? Both of you??????
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Ohhh my! Not even morphine can take the little guy's seperation anxiety away! The poor poor baby must have thought he was back in the shelter I pulled up at the vet office and ran in to be assaulted by some far away whining, howling, and yapping. They had me wait in a room to talk to a surgical nurse and I could hear the poor little doggie a lot better in the room. It sounded exactly like my Reecey. I figured it was a dog who wasn't under any medication. WRONG. It was Reece!!!! I had to talk to the nurse and pay before I got to see him, then I turned around and the nurse was behind me holding him. Ohhh he looked so pitiful. I held him and he whimpered once and coughed then put his head on my shoulder with his eyes halfway open. He was knocked out on the way home but when we got here, he was able to walk around a little bit. He's a little shakey and you can tell he's slightly uncomfortable but he's doing fine. I made the biggest, softest, nicest bed for him (which Shiloh and Lolly keep trying to steal).

It only cost $141 because they decided not to give the antibiotic shot and something else. The price wasn't bad compared to some other places around here. I was about to leave then remembered I had to make an appointment for his annual vaccinations and they told me they could take care of it right then. I felt REAL bad and asked 1000000 times if he'd be okay because I had no problem coming back later. They said it was fine so the poor boy had to endure a little bit more. But we are all home safe and happy now. Ahhh, I can breathe!
    Alyson

Aly, I am so relieved for you!!!!!!!!! My Jing was like that. No matter WHAT they sedated her with, come time to go home, as my car would pull up, whimpering, yelping, crying!!!!! How it breaks our hearts!! But all is well, and that's the best news. He's safe and comfy in his fluffy, new bed (no surprise there!) and Aly can breathe!! And good thinking, getting those nasty shots out of the way while he was there. Another potentially traumatic event checked off!! LOTS of love and kisses and hugs to our bravest boy, the precious Reece Man!!! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

YEA REECE IS HOME

So happy that all went well for Reece & you !!!
    What a Sweet thing to do in bringing his blanky and
    his squeaky chicken with him. Feel better quick Reece...

Whew!

Glad it's over and everyone is doin' fine!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Glad it's over. Poor Reece must have been so stressed out. When I picked Auggie up from her teeth cleaning, they had her in a cage and she was crying nonstop. Like you I just knew she thought she was back in the shelter. After I got in my car, I let her out of the pet carrier and she curled up in my lap, purring but still shaking. It breaks your heart seeing them so scared.
    Hugs to Reece. Hope he is feeling much better now.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Whew..........

So glad he's back home and ok...all those positive words mean nothing until you get your results!!! Give Reece big loves from all of us!!!!

Logan