Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well here's how we did...

CONGRATULATIONS on your first showing. I am glad it was so successful! Does the NADAC give ribbons and titles? I am not familiar with them since we show only in AKC events. And most importantly did you treat Smudge with his favorite food for doing such a good job?

I usually save the really special treat (a nice juicy steak bone with lots of meat still on it) for when they complete a title.

Originally posted by Crikit

We compete in NADAC and AAC, although we've only done NADAC at the moment. Smudge isn't allowed to compete in AKC or CKC because he's not a pure breed dog, actually Winter won't be allowed to either because even though she's a purebreed she can't be registered in Canada, don't ask it's this stupid thing they have..
    Okay! That's cool! Yea, that's the thing about AKC and CKC, your dog has to be purebred. If you want to do Winter in AKC, you can get an Indefinite Listing Privilege (ILP). Well, have fun in your next competition!!!
    Becky Weise & the German Shepherd
    Iris Von Der Felzen Haus CD, CGC, 2 legs of NA
    Iris' Den

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
    [COLOR=blue] Does the NADAC give ribbons and titles? I am not familiar with them since we show only in AKC events. And most importantly did you treat Smudge with his favorite food for doing such a good job?
    Yes NADAC (Which stands for North American Dog Agility Council, in case anyones wondering) gives out ribbons and titles, it's blue for first, red for second, yellow for third, White for fourth (Smudge has three of those from our first two trials) and if you qualify for a leg of a title you get a purple and then once you get the title you get a purple and white fluffy. And of course Smudge gets lots of treats and lots of praise when we're finished the course, even if he doesn't do all that well...okay well except for once when he went straight in to the kennel but that was because instead of doing the course he ran off in search of dad and with Winter she'll end up getting a few tosses of a b-a-l-l or toy (had to spell the b word in case she's fiqured out how to read

Oh and Shepherdlover thanks for the info, to bad I can't use it...Wint's not registered in the states either...and well there aren't a lot of AKC events in Canada.