Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mugsy, I'm sorry about Tobey

Oh I am so sorry about Tobey He was that beautiful white shepherd looking guy, right? He was so handsome and it's sickening that anyone would take an animal away from it's home I have never before had an animal stolen but I can't imagine the pain involved.

I hope so much that you get Tobey back safe and sound

You guys are the greatest. I'm going back to the shelter today after school to look again, but I'm not holding out much hope, I really do think this guy has him and isn't about to give him back. Mike told me last night that the construction crew that saw him called and said that Tobey was none to thrilled about going with the guy, which made me feel even worse. I've cried A LOT in the last 4 days. Mike is convinced that we will get him back. My friend Paula and I are going out in the morning to drive and walk door to door with pictures and see what that turns up. I will let you all know, and Thanks again for being so interested, it's making it much easier to deal with being that it was my fault that he got out in the first place.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Mugsy, any news about Toby yet? I know how worried you must be, can't believe people are so cruel.
    Jackie

I was hoping so much to read some positive news. I will keep praying that you, Mike and Tobey will be reunited soon.

Unfortunately we still don't have him back. My friend Paula and I drove ALL over on Saturday and talked to a woman who saw the car driving slowing around her area (which is right across the street from where the construction guys saw him) and said that she would call us if we saw the car or Tobey, she is really very sweet. We had an ad in the paper and only one person called and I went to look (which was all the way across town), but no luck. I've been going to the shelter religiously and no Tobey. But, now when I go to the shelter I have to have a manager take me back in the back to look because I upset the girl that took me back last Wednesday because I told her that it was too bad that these beautiful pits were going to be put down simply because of their breed. I guess she left in tears and was still shook up when she came back the next day. My response to that is," Toughen up babe, you have a job that people don't like and you better get used to it." I guess that's hard hearted, but that's the way it goes. I feel badly that she was so upset, but that's the way I feel and I'm entitled to my opinion. The girl who took me back hates me anyway because of me trying to save a dog's live over 2 years ago!! But, I have found out that very few employees of the shelter like her anyway. Anyway, I'll keep you guys up to date as long as you're interested in knowing. Thanks again to all of you for caring.

Mugsy, thanks for the update and you know we will always be interested in knowing what happened to Toby. I'm really sorry that he hasn't been found. As far as the girl, you are right, if she is that emotional, she need to change jobs, it takes a special person to work there and get through the day, it is all worthwhile if even one dog gets saved. Keep the faith.
    Jackie

Still no news, but there are a lot of people out there now that have a picture and our name and number, so hopefully we'll hear something soon. Thanks again for caring.