Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

just cuz i'm bored

The Libertine (2004)....I haven't seen this
    Finding Neverland (2004).....LOVED THIS SO MUCH
    And They Lived Happily Ever After (2004) (International: English title).....haven't seen this....
    Secret Window (2004) I liked the movie, but, didn't like the way it ended, it seemed cheesy or something, not one of my favorite movies, for sure
    Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003)....didn't really like this movie, but, I LOVED Depp's character, the scene with the little boy and the chiclets was so funny
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)...I thought this was a great movie, can't wait to see the second and third ones!
    From Hell (2001)....very dark, but, cool movie
    Blow (2001)....this movie was disturbing, but, I liked it a lot
    Chocolat (2000)....very sexy movie
    Before Night Falls (2000)...haven't seen this
    The Man Who Cried (2000)....haven't seen this
    Sleepy Hollow (1999)....I loved him as Ichabod!
    The Astronaut's Wife (1999)....haven't seen this
    The Ninth Gate (1999)....haven't seen this, but, I've heard it's bad
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)...I love this movie
    The Brave (1997)...never seen this
    Donnie Brasco (1997)....i thought he and pacino were great
    Nick of Time (1995)....haven't seen this
    Dead Man (1995).....this is one of the strangest films I've ever seen, but, I liked it, not one I could watch a lot, though, it's so SLOW
    Don Juan DeMarco (1995)...never seen it
    Ed Wood (1994)...talk about a fun, crazy movie!
    What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)...everything about and everyone in this movie was amazing
    Benny & Joon (1993)....haven't seen this in a long time, but, I remember liking it
    Arizona Dream (1993)...haven't seen this
    Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)
    ... aka A Nightmare On Elm Street 6....I don't remember seeing this, but, I probably did
    Edward Scissorhands (1990)....this movie breaks my heart every time I see it, it has to be one of my top five favorites
    Cry-Baby (1990).....I had to watch this a couple of times before I liked it, but, it's a great one!

Yeah, so, I think this is the first time I've tried color type, so, I hope it works, because I'm going to be irritated if I have to redo it. Anybody that actually looks at what I typed or the titles or anything.....if you've seen one that I haven't, let me know what you thought of the movie....I need to get out there and get some of the ones I haven't seen.....I mostly posted this for myself, though.
    Last edited by finn's mom; 07-30-2005 at 01:43 PM.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
    .... ChrisH - I'm comin' to visit!
    LOL I'll let you know if I hear about any filming plans!

finn's mom, like I said, I've only seen Pirates so thanks for listing those films and especially the reviews!
    By the way, that first one The Libertine, was filmed here in Wales too.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/3543701.stm

Originally posted by ChrisH
    finn's mom, like I said, I've only seen Pirates so thanks for listing those films and especially the reviews!
    Ha ha, well, I wouldn't call them reviews, really. But, no problem, I thought a list of his movies would be cool, though. I need to get off my butt and catch some of the ones I've not seen!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I am going to get the video Finding Neverland in a week or so, have to wait two weeks then my son can get it for free for us, I so wanted to see it at the movies but didn't.

I absolutely loved Chocolat, it was great, and pirates of the carribbean was a fun movie, Johnny was as always great in that too. I heard a rumour that the 2nd one might be filmed here in NZ, I know Johnny was down here recently checking something out for it, I wish I had been able to see him.

I love his accent, even his normal one sounds a little different to the American ones I usually here on the TV.

Yep he does a scottish accent rather well too, let's face it he does everything rather well in my books, love ya, love ya Johnny.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    I am going to get the video Finding Neverland in a week or so
    Make sure to keep kleenex around! that movie is so beautiful!

Thanks for the tip, nothing like a good cry, going to get the kleenex in advance lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Well, I am now a huge JD fan! I watched The Man Who Cried last week and The Secret Window should be here on Wednesday. Can't wait!

And no prizes for guessing who's on my desktop!

I really like him as an actor ( I dont know why he looks so weird...)

I loved finding neverland (especially because of him and the little boy... he's such a great actor!!) pirates of the caribean (cant wait to watch the second) and whats eating gilbert grape (I'm not a leo di caprio fan, but he's amazing in this movie!) I cant remember any other at the moment.....
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

I enjoyed finding neverland, but I was a little disappointed, I think all the hype about it made it that way, they rave so much and then you expect so much, because I knew what happened it kinda spoiled the movie for me, but i did enjoy Johnny's reasonably good attempt at a Scottish Accent.

Secret Window was pretty good I thought, I have not seen the man who cried, but I think I would like to now.

You still Rock Johnny., at least in my eyes.
    Furangels only lent.

I watched The Man Who Cried last week
    How is that movie, anyway? I've never seen it!

What's Eating Gilbert Grape...AHHH! Love that movie!!

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Originally posted by finn's mom
    How is that movie, anyway? (The Man Who Cried) I've never seen it!
    Well acted, good storyline, excellent cinematography, top drawer music but a little too 'arty' for me. Having said that I did quite enjoy it.

Secret Window (loved it!) arrived early, yesterday, so it's been watched and will hopefully, be on its way back later today. No idea yet which of my choices will be sent out next.

I don't like him but my friend Ashly LOVES him!!!!For her birtthday I am getting her Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (movie w/ JD) and a bunch of other stuff w/ JD.

Thanks 4 the amazing blinkie and siggy,Joanofark!
    Thank u flamepony12 4 the cool avatar!

Sassy is my 1 year old golden retriever.

Shopping is an attitude... and I have an attitude problem.

Well acted, good storyline, excellent cinematography, top drawer music but a little too 'arty' for me. Having said that I did quite enjoy it.
    Gotcha, I'll probably love it, then. I loved Dead Man, and, it's so artsy, and, so slow. There's only a handful of people I know that have watched it all the way through.