Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of phobia do you have?

being in a shower while alone in the house. when people knock on my door unexpectdly, no I don't ever answer it. AIDs. Intestinal Worms. hmmm... thats about it? the first two are supposedly from my "...past lives...".

I don't fear death at all, I'm actually looking forward to crossing over someday. I do fear leaving in pain, though.

I guess I can be a little mean when it comes to other people's fears, because I don't see where the fear of hights comes from, I REALLY hate it when people are afraid of insects, arachnids, snakes, etc. because it is like, "You love cats or dogs to death but not any other animal? How can you feel so compationatly towards people and other animals but not have a care in the world- exept unrational fear- for all of the other animals."
    Fear of vomiting? I happen to get a really bad 24 hour flu and I sometimes even can't drink water without throwing up, so I end up doing it like three times a day. This happens every one or two months it seems, I was out for 24 hours of my spring break and missed the Field Museum!
    anyway, my fears are BIG things on small wires dangling over my head (although not a phobia) and that I will throw away, break, sqush, or loose something that is of importance to me or that I could have needed in the future (this one is a little phobia-like)

Niņo & Eliza

Spiders and centipedes. I am mortified of them, I hate them so much. If there is a spider in a room of the house, I start to scream and won't go back in that room until it is killed. If they are larger spiders, like the huge wolf spiders that live at the cottage and at camp- they make me cry, scream, and shake- they are DISGUSTING. Centipedes are even worse! One time one ran out from under the sink in the basement, my dad was outside doing yardwork and could hear me screaming.

ICK, ICK, ICK...I shiver just thinking about them.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by Suki Wingy
    I guess I can be a little mean when it comes to other people's fears, because I don't see where the fear of hights comes from, I REALLY hate it when people are afraid of insects, arachnids, snakes, etc. because it is like, "You love cats or dogs to death but not any other animal? How can you feel so compationatly towards people and other animals but not have a care in the world- exept unrational fear- for all of the other animals."
    I have to disagree with you here. I have a fear of insects because I have been bitten by them before and they HAVE caused me pain. I don't know a lot of people that DO like bugs, but I know a lot of people here do. If a dog were to ever harm me, I'm sure I might be afraid of dogs also. Fears are associated with bad memories, and you can't hate that about people. It's something I didn't CHOSE to hate. Bad experiences made me dislike some insects.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I guess I have been lucky in not having anything really bad happened to me.

The fear of loosing something is from me being traumatized over and over again with the dogs

Niņo & Eliza

My Phobia is a little different to you all, and probably more difficult, because I have to deal with it more on a daily basis,I have social Phobia, this has affected my life dramatically because it is so mis-understood and not really accepted, I strongly believe it is genetically inherited as my mother is the same.

I am not proud of it, but have hidden it as much as I could for so long, it now feels a huge relief to beable to say it, and I am sick of trying to make excuses., and feel bad about myself, when it is something I have no control over.

It has caused me terrible emotional pain all my life, but I am now in a better place, with being open about it all, and not caring about what anyone else thinks anymore, and putting myself first for a change and no longer putting myself through such torment.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

The only thing I can truly say is my fear is waking up in the middle of night and my apt. is on fire. I can't say that fire is a fear because when I'm camping I can light fire and feel perfectly comfortable. I think it more that trapped feeling that maybe I cannot escape a burning building.

When the fire alarm goes off in my apt building my heart pounds as I round up Max and Specks and carry them downstairs in the carrier.

That's about it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by Suki Wingy
    that I will throw away, break, sqush, or loose something that is of importance to me or that I could have needed in the future (this one is a little phobia-like)
    I think thats packratphobia. . LOL. . I think my sister and Dad have that!! I love to clean stuff out, my closet, my bag. Clutter is not my friend

Im really afraid of the dark, its very cliche but I am! I'm also afraid of big TVs on small stands, it makes me hyperventilate. . a huge TV fell on me when I was 4. Im also afraid of conforming ^.^

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Mine is fear of not having enough air around me. Like when I'm in a elevator, if it's full of people, it drives me nuts, it's like they are taking what little air that's in there away from me and I need that air, to live. Now if there's just a few people, I'm OK, with that. Same way with blankets over my face, not enough air under there for me.

My other odd one is bridges. I can't go walking under a bridge alone, I will freak. I won't go into why, but there is a huge trauma behind that one.

And snakes..........friends say my whole voice, face everything changes if I get to close to a snake. One friend says I'm like the girl on the Exorcist movie.

I'm very, very, very fearful of spiders. I know its unfounded, what they'd do to me could be fixed, but they just scare the daylights out of me. Once there was one in my car and I panicked. I stopped breathing, started crying and just rolled to a stop on the freeway...I know it was really stupid of me, but I had no control whatsoever.

I also have dreams where there's somewhere I need to get, but the only way through is through tiny caves, with really, really low walls. While I know I could fit through, I wont do it. I guess that's a fear of tight spaces??

I also have a fear of not being in control.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Heights and falling are my biggest phobia's .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Originally posted by carole
    My Phobia is a little different to you all, and probably more difficult, because I have to deal with it more on a daily basis,I have social Phobia, this has affected my life dramatically because it is so mis-understood and not really accepted, I strongly believe it is genetically inherited as my mother is the same.
    I have the same phobia. I've been on medication for social anxiety for several years (6 or 7, I think) It helps take the edge off but that's about all. I don't have many friends. I prefer to stay at home with my pets, they are my friends. If someone comes to the door I don't answer, in fact I usually end up locking myself in the bathroom or a closet until I know they are gone. My friends know to call me before they come to the door so I know it's them. I always keep the blinds closed if I am home alone.
    I don't go anywhere alone except for work. I usually am fine at work because the people I work with are like family and I am very comfortable with them. My boss calls it my "safe place". But I still sometimes have problems there. I usually try to hide it there though, I put on a smile and try to keep going strong.

Originally posted by slick
    The only thing I can truly say is my fear is waking up in the middle of night and my apt. is on fire. I can't say that fire is a fear because when I'm camping I can light fire and feel perfectly comfortable. I think it more that trapped feeling that maybe I cannot escape a burning building.
    That's my other big fear. I too am fine around a camp fire, but I've had a fear of my home or car burning for as long as I can remember. I lived in upstate New York when I was little and we had a wood burning stove. Every year before my dad started using the stove he would run through a fire drill with us. We'd have to feel our door and see if it was hot, etc. we'd have to open our window, push out the screen, climb out the window, and run to the tree far away from the house. I would have nightmares about actually having to do that as a result of a real fire. I also had nightmares of the car blowing up into flames, as that's how my uncle died at age 21. I don't have the nightmares any more, but it's still a major fear of mine.

My third major fear is a newer one. Ever since the hurricanes last summer I have been terribly afraid of thunder storms. As soon as the sky gets dark I start to go into a panic.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Dieing early- I have always been afraid of one day dieing in a car crash or an accident and never seeing my friends, family or pets again.

Stalkers/Murderers etc.- I'm always double-checking at night before I go to sleep. When I was younger, I saw a movie that has made me very consious about this stuff ever since. I'm always a little bit afraid that there's someone just waiting for me to fall asleep. I also always check in the shower when I go to the bathroom.

Snakes- just a little bit. First, I must say that I love tame snakes, they're very pretty and I'm sure they mean a lot to their owners. I even like to hold some! it's just that a rattlesnake almost bit me and my horse when I was little, and I've been scared of seeing wild snakes, on foot or on horseback, ever again.

I'm also afraid that I might wake up one day and my house will be on fire. I've always been afraid that one or some of my pets might not make it out.

Eathier death, or hemophobia. (afraid of blood.)

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*
    hemophobia. (afraid of blood.)
    oh yes, forgot that one.