Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Phantom of the Opera

I went to buy the movie at Border's this weekend and it was sold old.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I love the play. I liked the movie a lot. But, Emmy was the only one I felt looked like she was lip syncing. Overall, though, I really enjoyed the movie. My mother loved it, though, so, I'm sure she'll get it. I saw it at the theater with her, and, will watch it again as many times as she wants.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

OH!!! I just finished watching it and loved it - must get the Soundtrack!!

I wrote earlier that I had gone to the real traveling opera - and even though that set was fabulous and the singers pros (and tickets a fortune I think at $60 each) ....THIS time - I liked the movie best!!

Like Finn's mom said though - it really did seem like the actress who played Christine was lip syncing and not very well

I did not recognize Minnie Driver

Can anyone tell me about the play? is it the same as the movie? I have a CD from a play I guess?? It had Rebecca Caine and Colm Willkinson as Christine and the Phantom. I'm absolutely in love with Colm Willkinson's voice. I think he fits the role perfectly. I can upload one of the songs if anyone wants to hear (any prefs? )

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I'd like to hear a clip of one of the songs, if it's not too much work..

Originally posted by slleipnir
    Can anyone tell me about the play? is it the same as the movie? I have a CD from a play I guess?? It had Rebecca Caine and Colm Willkinson as Christine and the Phantom. I'm absolutely in love with Colm Willkinson's voice. I think he fits the role perfectly. I can upload one of the songs if anyone wants to hear (any prefs? )
    Well, it is not really a play - it is an opera. An opera within an opera The CD you have would be an opera and the movie has many of the songs but also drama, acting, talking, etc. The movie is more like a play I guess. It also has a soundtrack. It also sounds like you have the original production CD if Colm Wilkinson was singing Phantom (he created that role and also the original lead in Les Miserables.)
    He's wonderful isn't he?

I havento yet seenthemovie, but I saw the opera twice...once in Columbus (ohio) and once in Toronto, with Paul Stanley (KISS) playing the phantom. Both were good, but the show in Toronto was amazing!! We werte in the 3rd row, and wow!!!

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    I havento yet seenthemovie, but I saw the opera twice...once in Columbus (ohio) and once in Toronto, with Paul Stanley (KISS) playing the phantom. Both were good, but the show in Toronto was amazing!! We werte in the 3rd row, and wow!!!
    Cool! How did the sets compare between the USA and Canadian tour?? Were they the same or different? I have only seen the 2004 USA here in Dayton and the set - OMEGOSH!!! - I went on a tour of the new fine arts center that had just opened - and where Phantom showed for about 3 weeks or so - and got the explanation about how the set takes up 40 semis to haul!! We got to peek in at it in the empty theater but no pictures allowed - also special insurance taken out and they actually had to redesign the stage area just for the tour. Incredible!! When the chandelier scene happens - WW!!

So - can you compare the two tours?? I would love to know.

Point of No Return...hope this will work

http://tainted-sky.net/music/Track16.mp3

did the link work?

I'm so excited! I bought the CD last week and today I'm going to buy the DVD at Borders. I can't wait to watch it over and over again.

Heeheehee.