Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Fur Child!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by MommaCat
    Clayton just sat and stared at him an dTUcker walked by and hissed like he "had" to.
    Sounds like progress to me! Good going! Pics please!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Hi ReddHead!
    Welll seems my newest fur son had had enough of being confined. While I was cleaning his room the little demon escaped and promptly went downstairs to explore. For a disabled child he moves pretty fast!

Sooo I watched him and the others.. some hissing and a little growling on everybody's part.. some hiding.. but no clawing. I ran out to do errands.. came back and all children were accounted for.

Morgan watches Clayton and Tucker wrestling. he looks wistful but then goes back to sleep. He is VERY talkative! Tells me all about his adventures. I think Clayton and Tucker are mad at Momma.

Morgan met Shadow....he hissed.. she threw up.

So.. what do you think?

Deb

good idea with baby gate!!!!!...

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    So.. what do you think?
    They LOVE each other! Seriously, it does sound like they're progressing very quickly to accepting each other. Don't worry, peace will reign soon.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Hi ReddHead,
    We just got back from PA... I wasn't sure if I would com ehome to find fur everywhere but the three boys were all in the basement watching the squirrels eat.
    PHEW! NO FUR FLYING!

They were ALL "starving".. all talking at once. They had dried food out but wanted their wet food "snack". I got it all out in express fashion.. checked on my princess upstairs.. who was waiting for her heater to be turned on.

OK.. came back down.. Tucker follows Morgan everywhere.. sniffing his Butt....CLayton is still hissing.....CLayton was a hard sell with Tucker... now they are joined at the hip. So I am jopimg that they will all eventually get along.

I cannoth thank all of enough again.. being here with your love and support again.

Deb

Hi ALL!

Update on Morgan (Lancelot) and Clayton and Tucker.
    Compared to when I brought Tucker home.. Clayton is being very calm and cool He and Tucker still hiss some at Morgan but it is nothing like it was with Clayton and Tucker.

Tucker sniffed Morgan's butt today... then Morgan tried to sniff Tuckers and he hissed. I said hey handsome... you sniffed him!

Clayton is physically getting a little closer....still hissing some but things are going ok!

QUESTION:
    As I have said Morgan is a bi-eyed boy... hit by a car on the left side. HAs a permanent bad limp.. but the boy can get around.. especially when he hears cans open!
    Ok...his right eye is dark.. left eye is golden/yellow.
    I have been watching him for MONTHS when he was at the shelter.. and it was hard to tell.. but since he has been here... his right eye NEVER changes. it is ALWAYS fully dilated. I am going to sign the official paperwork tomorrow.. and then he goes to my favorite vet.... and willbe checked head to toe. I'll also have the X-Rays.. but I even had my husband look at it... he agrees that it never changes shape.

Not that it matters.. he is home forever and always. I was wondering if anyone could give me some input. OH the eye is NOT cloudy or white. Just pupil is always fully dilated... or at least it look sthat way.

Blessings,
    Deb

thanx for keeping us posted on Morgan's progress Deb...i hope all goes well with Morgan's trip to the vet!!!....

Thanks Proud Papa....

Has anyone had any experience with eye problems with their fur children???

Deb

OK.. came back down.. Tucker follows Morgan everywhere.. sniffing his Butt....CLayton is still hissing.....CLayton was a hard sell with Tucker... now they are joined at the hip. So I am jopimg that they will all eventually get along.

It may be a point of kitty etiquette. When my sister Marg adopted a kitten (Seamus, orange tabby), one of the first things he learned from his 15-year old "auntie," Misty (tuxie), is that it's OK for an older cat to sniff the younger cat's butt... but NOT the other way around!

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

ahhhhh kitty etiquette....
    I forgot all about that.. what page in Emily Posts's book is that written??

Well tonight all 3 boys were in the kitchen helping me cook dinner.
    Morgan walks over to Clayton.... Clayton hauls off and hisses then Swats Morgan.. Tucker my little butt sniffing peace keeper goes over to Clayton and Clayton still in his Snit.. Hisses and swats Tucker! Tucker looked at him like what are you doing???

These boys are making me nuts.

Love,
    deb

Evening All!

Here's an update on Morgan and my crew.

Things are getting better.. Tucker is sniffing Morgan's butt.. CLayton is even sniffing his butt and Morgan is trying to sniff Clayton's.

Morgan is RUNNING! This is a milestone considering he has a terrible limp. Jim gets his red lazer light and Morgan RUNS! What is weird is that we do NOT think Morgan is used to playing. He gets excited when we play with him.. and he starts shaking his head vigorously... then he'll run and hide. it's like he is so excited and happy that he's not sure what to do about it or how to act.
    He'll chase a toy... play with it for a second then run and hide. I clap my hands and praise him.

Bless his heart. My friends.. I really don't think this fur child of mine knows how to play.

Blessings,
    Deb

just keep up the good work deb, and morgan will learn to play!!!! ...
    MY SPECIAL GIRLS

ZIP and SHY R.I.P. my beautiful girls

Thanks Proud Daddy!

I told my husband that we are so blest that our fur children chose us to be their parents.

We were playing with Morgan last night.. he again got so excited then ran and hid.

Bless his heart.

Blessings,
    Deb

btw deb, where are the pics of morgan???...lol...probably hiding after he played a little...Shy also will only play for a short period and she too gets very excited, not like Zip , she can play 24/7...

tim
    MY SPECIAL GIRLS

ZIP and SHY R.I.P. my beautiful girls

Tim,
    I am an idiot when it comes to sending pictures... I know how to do it to send from my computer via E mail but doing it thru here.. I Am such a loser!

Help me obiwan kinobe!

Deb