Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about age differences in relationships?

My hubby is 3 years older. My dad is 7 years older than mom Daughters hubby is 37 and daughter23. Its not a issue in our family.

My middle son's wife is eight years older than he is, my husband is 9 years older than I am younger son's wife six years younger, eldest sons wife, three months older.... age is not important. Maturity and shared values are far more important than age.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

my fiances 32 years older than me. I've always dated older, I've always been more mature than people my age. I'm just not interested in the games and immaturity of people my age

I completely understand Samantha Puppy's POV...from the reverse. When my ex and I split up, I dated a guy who is nine years older than I am. He's a wonderful guy, and I love him dearly, but at this point in our lives our interests and goals are vastly too different. He has had his fun already, and I'm just starting to.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Cass,

Age is a state of mind.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm 46 and my husband is 28, so you can guess what I think about age differences. LOL I'm all for it.

I had a lot of friends tell me when we where dating, that it would never work, cut it off before I get hurt, that's sick, etc etc. I almost let them convince me that they might have a point. Thank God I didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes you have to lead with your heart and not your mind, as long as no laws are not being broken. If your heart says yes to this, then ignore your friends, opinion and do what makes you happy. If they really are your friend they will want you to be happy, with who ever you find, 19 or not.

Just tell your roommate, it works for you and you'd like it if she accepted that and to drop the teasing.

She's just jealous any way. lol

I am older than Alexa by 4 years, while it's not that much of a difference it did bother me at first. She was 19 and I was 23, I felt like we were in two very different places. She was just getting started with school and figuring out what she wanted and I'd already been on my own for several years. I felt like she hadn't experienced enough to be ready for a serious relationship. I'd already gotten out all of my partying and dating and was ready to find someone I could be with for a long time.

Now, I realize that I was wrong and that with the right person age doesn't matter.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Cass the years are not that much between you, but it really depends on how mature this guy is, to be honest most 19 year old males are not that mature, but there is always the exception to the rule.

Go with your feelings, some say there is nothing like having a toy boy in your life lol, you will know sooner or later if he is mature enough for you,somehow I rather doubt it though, but good luck anyhow.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
    It depends on what you want. I am 26 and could NEVER be happy with a 20 year old. Why? Because they're at a very different place in life than I am. I want to come home from work and be with my husband. Not meet him at a bar/club and get drunk. I want to start a family in the next year or two, not yell at him for staying out until 2:30am for the 12th time in a row. I'm not saying every 19-20 year old's mindset is to get drunk, I'm just saying they aren't thinking like a 26 (or older) man would be. They're at the "I want to have fun" stage, having just been legally "liberated" from their parents.

To me, six years stops making such a different once the youngest person is in their later mid-20s like 26, 27. You've had your fun, you've had your "you" time and now you're ready to shape your future.

But that's just me. If you're not interested in settling down and this would make you happy, have your fun. I'm just telling you what would be going through my mind, that's all.

Good luck.
    See that's the thing. I DON'T want to settle down at all. I don't even want to think about marriage for a VERY long time LOL. I just want to have fun right now. And we have a lot of fun together. I guess I've always been attracted to the younger crowd because I've always energy on hand. I'm up all night hanging out with friends. I'm still very young. He actually doesn't drink much. He's in school and planning his future. Yes it's true we are definitely in different places, but should I let that stop us? I don't think so. As far as maturity is concerned, I tend to act more like a 15 year old when around my friends. WHY? Because I have nothing holding me back. There's no reason to be mature when you're just having fun, and that's the mind set I want to keep for awhile longer. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going to party everynight etc. Like I said, I just want to have fun.

Plus all the guys I meet that are my age or above are just jerks. I couldnt even begin to explain to you...And this is exactly how I feel about older guys. Catherine said it perfectly! " He has had his fun already, and I'm just starting to"

Oh my. This made me laugh!

"Go with your feelings, some say there is nothing like having a toy boy in your life lol"

I guess I will just see how it goes. Yes, it may not work out, and actually we haven't really talked about it all that much. But it's obvious there is an attraction there. We've decided not to kiss anyone else (it sounds so silly) until we figure out what is going on between the two of us. We just don't want anyone to get hurt. If it doesn't work out, it was fun while it lasted! And I'm sure we'd remain friends.

I'll let you all know. hehe I am seeing him in a couple hours.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

A few minutes can make a world of difference in any relationship.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I like my men young, my bf is five years younger than me.
    "The moral progress of a nation can be judged by the way it treats its animals" - Gandhi
    http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/4402/NC/US/1

I DON'T want to settle down at all. I don't even want to think about marriage for a VERY long time LOL. I just want to have fun right now.
    If that's your mind set right now then I don't see why age would matter at all. Just have fun and enjoy having him around.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I'm 32, hubby is 41. Hubby says HE's more vibrant then me, the young one!

Age doesn't neccesarily matter, its the maturity of the person. Out of my three kids, its the youngest, 15, who is the most mature, She is heads and shoulders above my 18 year old in maturity.

My husband is six years older than me. We met when I was 24. The age difference has never been an issue.

When I was 21, I dated a 45 year old. Even though things didn't work out, it was a fantastic relationship and we really do remain friends. The reasons we didn't work were not related to our age difference. He was a doll, is still one of the nicest men I've ever met. He taught me a great deal including some of what I wanted in a life partner. My husband is alot like him and me with the same love, gentleness and respect.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I don't want to be stereotypical, but in general, I think being that men are much less mature then women. A 19 year old man is much different then a 19 year old women. Being a mother, I wouldn't want to date a 19 year old because of that. I need a man that is mature enough to understand that I am a mother and settled enough to deal with a family if things happen to get serious.

Before Mike, I dated a few guys that were 19-20ish. It'd be fun at first, but it never seemed to work out in the long run. I love to party and have fun, but I still wasn't available at every beckoned call. -I couldn't just take off out of the blue for a weekend, or be out drinking everynight. Things took planning because I had to find childcare and stuff, I had responsibilities. I had difficulties dating until I started dating guys that were a little older and more mature. I still had my fun and partied a bit, but they were understanding that motherhood came first.

My opinion is different then everyone else's and it's not what you want to hear....Sorry...

Thank you Wolfie!