Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Your Dogs Sound Sleepers

My dogs are noisy sleepers. They both snore. One dogs even barks/whines quietly in his sleep and moves his paws.
    http://www.dogtrick.741.com

Originally posted by cloverfdx
    We have had many scares with Penny thinking she has stopped breathing, and have had to lift he up and get her going again. She gets into such a deep sleep that nothing verbal will wake her only physically picking her up and poking at her.
    LOL!! Why doesn't that surprise me?

LOL!! Why doesn't that surprise me?
    LOL yeah these nawtee girls of ours . We have had quite a fews scares with her though, when Mum realy did think she was gone . That is why we got a warning from the Vet about a D.I.E.T to lose a little weight. Oh i have new Penny photos coming soon, sleeping of course .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Our 12 yo Scottie sleeps like that, except he snores. The rest are younger and I have noticed it with them. Murph has always slept like that, though, at least since he came home when he was three.
    Becki

Lucy is part alarm system,,, and the things that set her off are the phrases ,,
    Daddys home
    side door
    treaties?

say any of those and shes off in a dead flat out run in circles and barking her fool face off many times still half asleep.... so no,,, shes not a sound sleeper!!!

Merlin,,, typical baby yet,,, when he is asleep,, he is out!!!!!!

Max, Muffin and Kirby are the "dead" sleepers at our house. You can pick them up with no reaction on their part.

On the other hand, Molly and Carly can go from sound asleep to barking hysterically in a matter of seconds. Molly barks at everything and nothing so we try to ignore her (yeah, right - ignore a barking yorkie) - but if Carly is awakened barking, you'd better get up quick because there is something out there.

Of course, how Molly could sleep through her own snoring is beyond me. Man that little girl can make a lot of noise!!

I had the same concern about my dog, because she falls asleep next to me on the couch and when I tried to get up the other day she litterally slid off the couch head first, very slowly, and didn't even wake up until I picked her up and put her back on the couch and then she fell asleep again. If she hears my husband come in though, she will wake up immediately no matter how sound she is sleeping.

I wish!! lol
    I move a muscle and she wants to know what I am doing and why!