Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magoo is back from the white coats.

I would go for it, and thank heavens you like the vet.

I am so happy you found this vet. I smiled when he said Magoo would be better at home then a strange place overnight. I too chuckled at the "cuss factor". He surely is a winner in my book and Magoo likes him too. I would go for the surgery to look at the tear duct. It would be a peace of mind to know poor Magoo wouldn't have to go through being drained every few weeks or months.

Doing the happy dance at our house for Magoo
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Thanks to everyone for kind words and support. I also think we should do it because it will hopefully end this problem forever. Over time it could eventually cause an infection and then we will have to fight that as well. I will certainly keep everyone posted on when we plan to do it.
    Magoo was so good at the vet. I felt good because he didn't hiss at all and he seemed kind of relaxed. He wasn't like that the last vet trip!
    This vet put the needle in and left it there. He drained it and pulled the syringe off and emptied it and then reattached it to the needle in Magoo's eye. This might sound gross but the last vet just kept sticking him each time! Magoo doesn't even flinch when they do it so I hope he has no feeling in the skin around that eye. This vet was extremely gentle with him and I really appreciate that. I think he is our new vet!
    All the kisses and hugs have been delivered for the night. I think if I give him anymore he will remove my lips from my face! I've slobbered all over him and I think he's had enough. I will deliver any leftovers tomorrow.

Have I said how much I love this little furry guy?!

Hi Lisa! Do you love Magoo? heehee! congrats on a good vet visit! Well, I too have to say the cost seems reasonable. You may want to ask if there are any possible problems to watch for in the future following surgery. Jan alluded to anesthesia causing a change in catitude- I would assume that is temporary- ask the vet. Anything to alleviate magoo and you and your husband from repeated discomfort seems to be a positive step. Write a list of questions you may have.. (cats without tear ducts, where does that liquid go?- that's my question!!! And if it goes elsewhere- will it build up and cause a problem?- this may seem a silly question but I am curious now!) Thanks for the thorough update and more kisses for magoo! (well don't put yourself in harms way- just mention it to him in passing!!)

THANK GOODNESS!!

A VET WITH HUMOR, COMPASSION & REASONABLE PRICES SOUNDS LIKE HE'S UNDERSTANDING!! I'LL JUST BET HE FALLS FOR MAGOO MAGOO YOU RULE!! WE SEND BELLY RUBS!!
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

I'm so glad things went well with this vet!! I say go for the surgery too. Poor Magoo doesn't need to keep dealing with this every 6-8 weeks, poor fellow.

Please add a few more kisses when you think your lips are safe.

From Decker with Love

Sounds like a win-win situation to me!

Julie wishes Magoo lots of luck.

Sounds like a wonderful vet!!! Go for it! Im so glad there is a vet out there who loves the magooster as much as we do!

awwww

Mr. Magoo... you look sweet as ever in that picture..

I am so glad you are getting some good news from this vet. Sounds to me like you should go for the operation.. espically if you can get rid of the problem completely....

Mr. Magoo... i'm prayin for you little kitty!! *KISSES* for you!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Lisa the new vet sounds like a dream...keep him.

I'm glad to hear that Magoo's eye is better for now. Kisses to Magoo.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

The Found Cats,and All The Pet Angels,especially A Tuxedo,called Mr Scrappy,are praying with all thier Hearts,atht thier Dear Friend Scrappy Magoo,will be healthy,and we know that with you,he is Happy!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm glad you found a vet that understands Magoo more. I say do the sir-jury! It may eliminate the problem forever, but even if it doesn't, at least you tried, you know? And if it works, it will be a dream come true!!

I love Magoo, he's so cute!!!

Deliver him some scritches from me for being so good at this vet this time. I wish Sophie was good at the vet!

That vet sounds fantastic! If it's best for Mr Magoo then I'd say have it done as soon as you can fit it in and afford it!

(((HUGS))) to everyone.

PS - you better warn this new vet of yours that he has a FAN CLUB in the making !!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

congrats on the good news.

These are not the droids you were looking for

That does sound like the plan. Good luck.