Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Found three little kitties today !!!

OMG! They are sooooo adorable!!
    I have to agree that the mamma is around there some where. Will your local shelter loan you a trap or maybe even help you trap her? I'm sure she is looking for her babies and she will soon be having more.
    We know you have a lot to do so tell all when you get a chance.

Anna, they're precious

I know how busy you are, but I just know you are the perfect person to raise these dear little kittens
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

3. Oh, oh, oh!!!! Aren't those the most precious things you have ever seen!!!! Oh, oh, oh!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I have bottle fed plenty of kittens and the round the clock chore isn't fun! It would be ideal for the kittens to have their mother to nurse off of. She is no doubt looking for them. Left unspayed she's apt to have at least two more litters before the year is up, and that makes for one calcium depleted cat. Not to mention more kittens that will either grow up wild, or be found by someone else. PLEASE try and find the mom cat and get her spayed at the very least.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

most likely

she heard you coming and bolted! That's mom trying to do a decoy away from her babies, not abandon them! She must've gone nuts when she came back and found them gone! Are you going to look for her? Her milk will give them naturally immunity to so MANY viruses! As on other threads going right now, see recommendations for trapping. But she may be friendly if you could find her. Start by putting out food? I dunno. I don't grasp really how far you would have to go to find her, i.e., where this property is....?
    pixie

Originally posted by leslie flenner
    she heard you coming and bolted! That's mom trying to do a decoy away from her babies, not abandon them! She must've gone nuts when she came back and found them gone! Are you going to look for her? Her milk will give them naturally immunity to so MANY viruses! As on other threads going right now, see recommendations for trapping. But she may be friendly if you could find her. Start by putting out food? I dunno. I don't grasp really how far you would have to go to find her, i.e., where this property is....?
    Most likely you are right, but the cats were inside the house and the window,on the second floor, that she was supposed to go in and out, was going to be "nailed"(?)
    so where I should put the kitties for
    moma to find them? Very often the "stray persons" who comes to live there have dogs, we know becuase we found doog food inside the house.
    Were the kittens safe outside?
    The one time rural area has become a little busy since the University is expanding this side and is very, very close to the house and the once quite road, has become a little busy.
    And yes, I felt so sorry for the moma, I was like crying wich I didn't do it as I wasn't alone.

Aly , thank you for your inputs I have put a stuffed bunny just brand new the size of a cat . The heating mad is junt on level 1 with two towels on it.

One thing I need to know is how stimulate them to pee and poo, do you give them belly rubs? I have heard that
    somewhere.

About the moma cat , there are a couple of neighboors I'll ask them if they got a pregnat kitty. As for Animal Control the last time I contacted them we got a kind of "surrealistic" conversation, that I'm not ready to deal with another one of the same kind, really

I got a paper from the vet about timing feeding and the amout of intake milk and other general things.

Any input will be GREATLY apreciated.

BTW, they are coming to the office with me.

Oh, they look like they're only a couple of days old!!! Will you try to find the mommy cat at the empty house?

Here's a link that may give you some good information on hand raising kittens: http://www.hdw-inc.com/tinykitten.htm

It's wonderful that you can take them with you while you're at work!

And yes, you have to give them belly rubs after they have eaten, otherwise they cannot poop and pee.

As far as I know, you also have to keep them warm since a kitten that young isn't able to hold its own body temperature.

Kirsten

You are doing all the right things, Anna - as I knew you would. These 3 babies are so precious and I'm sure they'll survive with your care. It's so lucky you can bring them along to work, but in a situation like this, it would have been great if you had a cat loving person as a neighbor.

I hope the momma will show up, but don't be surprized if she won't feed them - we had that happen here some years ago, after we had moved them. The best thing would be to have her spayed.

I'm so glad you were the one to find them!!

Here's a site I hope can answer your questions:

http://www.petcaretips.net/orphaned_kitten_care.html

.... and some pictures

http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/a...#Cat%20Anatomy

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

AWWWWWWWWWW

They are so tiny and cute!!!!!! I love little baby kittens ... I just can't get into my head that Randi is a "seven month old kitten" given that he is a million times bigger than these little ones!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

The pet Talker are right , that there is A moother Cat , who brought them there , to be safe. she is probably foraging , for food , and will be frantic m, when she doesnt find them. God BlessYou , for caring , andtaking care , of those poor Orphans! Gary , and Your Pals , The Found Cats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Wellllll, its not exactly their belly that you're supposed to rub

Gently massage their "privates" with a warm damp cloth until they go potty. Do this every time after you feed them. I usually hold them over the trash can when I do it so it all will fall in there (sometimes there's a LOT).

Don't be worried if they are a bit irregular. The formula will most likely constipate them and/or give them diarrhea. Its a big change in their system to go from mama's milk to the formula, but they'll get used to it! They had their mom's colostrum for at least a week and that first few days is the most crucial for that - so that is really good! They should be just fine.

I feel so bad for the mama cat But I would have done the same thing as you.

If you have a portable radio, I like to play quiet classical music for my bottle babies (or sometimes radio talk shows).

You also may want to cover the crate or box they're in with a light sheet, especially when you are travelling with them. That will prevent them from getting a draft.

Sounds like you're doing great - keep it up!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Babies!!!! Awwwwww!!!!!!!

I really need to keep away from these threads....

Good luck with the little ones. I know you'll do a great job with them.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

mom cat

What's happening with finding the mom of the 3 newbies? Any progress? I hope before the window gets nailed shut, all cats are definatly out of the house! they can hide in the tiniest of places! Even in ceilings and walls (there are horror stories!). If there's several cats out there, and if it's possible, you could start feeding on a regular basis and sit in a car nearby to see who comes. (Not every day necessarily, but it would have to be the same time of day so they get to learn what time of day to come around). Create a call so eventually they will associate the call with food. That way, you can keep an eye out for preggies, ill cats, and potentially friendly strays that could be quite adoptable! Probably too late to find mom at this point, though if you do see some cats today or tomorrow (relatively soon), put down a bunch of catnip, the one with the longest nipples is mom (unless there's more than one mom, more than one litter which is entirely possible given the time of year it is!)
    And yes, after feeding, gently stroke the genitals with a warm wet cloth (like mama's tongue!). This stimulates them to "go"!
    Good luck!

Hi , so far things go smoothly, although they hadn't poop yet and I am a little worried. Looks like is normal to be constipated when changing to formula ( a little relieve there, uf!),they peed though.But their tummys a turning pretty big and I'm affraid they are going to explode.

Thanks Kirsten and Randi for the links they are very helpful. Although one of the sites said you should feed them holding them up and head slightly up too and the other one says the kittens laying flat on your lap. What do you, foster moms think?

Thanks a bunch, Aly, for your help, I'm going to try the portable radio thingy.
    Do you know wich is the normal growing rate? I'm weighting them daily.

The gray one was 165 gr, now 170 gr.
    The black one was 150 gr, now 155 gr.
    The tabby was 170 gr. now 168 gr. he has lost a couple of grammes. Is that normal like human babies? .

I talked to the neighboord, and they have no cats. They said , they see a black cat crossing his property. Could be that one the moma cat? Anyway they said it looked healthy and cared.

When I feed my kittens, I try to position them as closely to the same position they would be if they were nursing from their mama. Just be sure not to feed them on their back. Its best if they are laying flat with their heads up.

The average weight at birth is 100 grams and then they gain about 50-100 grams per week. They seem to be at good weights considering they look around 10-12 days old by sight. There will be small fluctuations in weight. Just be sure the weight loss isn't constant and that it goes back up soon.

I ALWAYS worry about the constipation too, but it always happens. Their little tummies get soooooo big. You can massage the tummy to try to loosen things up in there and then rub the bottom to see if anything comes out - that helps sometimes.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya