Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Nascar...

YIPEEE!!! NASCAR!!!
    Daytona 500 is coming soon!!!! The first true sign of Spring!
    Rev up your engines!!!!!!

Go Jasper Engine's car #77 Dave Blaney driving...............

We can't all root for the BIG guys!

Yay!!! Nascar!! We are ready for it to start.

I'm with you Richard. #6 Mark Martin all the way. We are huge Mark Martin fans here. My husband says this will be his year. Of course he says that every year..hehehe. I'm keeping my fngers crossed. I'll also be cheering for Matt Kenseth and Kurt Busch. Basically I'm a Roush racing fan. I actually seem to like all the drivers except one...Jimmy Spencer! Yuck! Can't stand him! Everytime Martin comes up around him I'm always hollering "Hurry up, get away from him". I feel like he is always just one big accident...lol.

GO MARK MARTIN!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

Robin

I think the reason that NASCAR is picking up ground on the other sports is that we all do not have the time to throw a pass, shoot a puck, basketball.....

But MOST OF US DRIVE!

I always make a pass on the freeway, down shift in a turn, make that 'pit spot' as the gas station and just for a few seconds.....

I am a race car driver...I am Mark Martin, I drive a Rousch car, truck......I am at the Brickyard, Charlotteville, Daytona-

It's a half mile, mile or road track---

It hanging on in a turn or thinking ahead to make that lane change in traffic.....It's monday morning and you still have the stink of champagne on your clothes from 'your' win yesterday when you get out of your car ar work or school.......

It's NASCAR!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    I think the reason that NASCAR is picking up ground on the other sports is that we all do not have the time to throw a pass, shoot a puck, basketball.....

But MOST OF US DRIVE!

I always make a pass on the freeway, down shift in a turn, make that 'pit spot' as the gas station and just for a few seconds.....

I am a race car driver...I am Mark Martin, I drive a Rousch car, truck......I am at the Brickyard, Charlotteville, Daytona-

It's a half mile, mile or road track---

It hanging on in a turn or thinking ahead to make that lane change in traffic.....It's monday morning and you still have the stink of champagne on your clothes from 'your' win yesterday when you get out of your car ar work or school.......

It's NASCAR!!
    LMAO....Aww, Richard you just kill me!

I know that feeling though...everytime I'm on the highway in busy traffic...I'm always, thinking usually out loud,...

"I've got to get my place in the race"

*Revs the Engine*......see you in my rear view mirror!

LOL....Robin

I'll throw my 2 cents in even though I'm new to the sport.

Go 38 and 88!!!

I'm hoping for a much better season for Elliott Sadler and Dale Jarrett.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Originally posted by RobiLee

*Revs the Engine*......see you in my rear view mirror!

LOL....Robin
    If we are cheering for the same driver, You will see me in your rear view mirror, in the back seat.......

My right foot is starting to feel heavy....
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Originally posted by RobiLee
    Yay!!! Nascar!! We are ready for it to start.

I actually seem to like all the drivers except one...Jimmy Spencer! Yuck! Can't stand him!

Another reason why not to like him....

----------------------

Spencer: They bombed Pearl Harbor
    Associated Press

NASCAR will not penalize driver Jimmy Spencer for a remark about the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor or his hope that Toyota's venture into truck racing will be a failure.

"That's Jimmy Spencer," NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter said Sunday when asked about comments the outspoken driver made last week about Toyota's entry into Craftsman Truck competition.

They "bombed Pearl Harbor, don't forget," the San Antonio Express-News quoted the 46-year-old driver as saying during media day at Texas Motor Speedway.

"As long as it's good for the economy, I guess it's OK," said Spencer, who added that he was rooting for Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge to humiliate Toyota.

The Associated Press was unable to reach Spencer for comment Sunday night. Toyota officials did not return calls from the AP.

Although Hunter said Spencer is not in any trouble with the sanctioning body, he emphasized that NASCAR does not share the driver's opinion.

"He sometimes has a view of the world that is not consistent with the rest of the world and he is certainly known for putting his opinions out there," Hunter said.

Toyota's entry this year marks the first time a foreign-headquartered manufacturer will compete in any of the top three NASCAR series. Toyota is racing against the three American manufacturers with its new Tundra pickup trucks.

"Toyotas are now made in the USA and they met all the criteria to compete in the truck series," Hunter said. "And actually, we think it is going to add at least four new teams and it's going to add excitement to the truck series."

Toyota, which had success in a brief and low-key run in NASCAR's now-defunct Goody's Dash compact car series, has put together a four-team, seven-truck fleet to compete this year on the Craftsman circuit. Its first race will be Feb. 13 at Daytona International Speedway.

Spencer won a truck race in New Hampshire last season in a Dodge. He lost the primary sponsorship for his Cup program at the end of the year, but plans to race in the season-opening Daytona 500 and at least four other events while seeking new backing.

A 15-year NASCAR veteran with two career victories in what now is the Nextel Cup series, Spencer has been in some trouble with the sanctioning body. A long-running feud with Kurt Busch boiled over last August at Michigan International Speedway, with Spencer punching Busch in the face in the garage area after the two bumped and banged on the track late in a race.

Spencer was fined and suspended for one race weekend and Busch was fined.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Go Bobby Labonte!!!

#18 all the way!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Another reason why not to like him....

----------------------

Spencer: They bombed Pearl Harbor
    Associated Press

NASCAR will not penalize driver Jimmy Spencer for a remark about the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor or his hope that Toyota's venture into truck racing will be a failure.

"That's Jimmy Spencer," NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter said Sunday when asked about comments the outspoken driver made last week about Toyota's entry into Craftsman Truck competition.

They "bombed Pearl Harbor, don't forget," the San Antonio Express-News quoted the 46-year-old driver as saying during media day at Texas Motor Speedway.

"As long as it's good for the economy, I guess it's OK," said Spencer, who added that he was rooting for Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge to humiliate Toyota.

The Associated Press was unable to reach Spencer for comment Sunday night. Toyota officials did not return calls from the AP.

Although Hunter said Spencer is not in any trouble with the sanctioning body, he emphasized that NASCAR does not share the driver's opinion.

"He sometimes has a view of the world that is not consistent with the rest of the world and he is certainly known for putting his opinions out there," Hunter said.

Toyota's entry this year marks the first time a foreign-headquartered manufacturer will compete in any of the top three NASCAR series. Toyota is racing against the three American manufacturers with its new Tundra pickup trucks.

"Toyotas are now made in the USA and they met all the criteria to compete in the truck series," Hunter said. "And actually, we think it is going to add at least four new teams and it's going to add excitement to the truck series."

Toyota, which had success in a brief and low-key run in NASCAR's now-defunct Goody's Dash compact car series, has put together a four-team, seven-truck fleet to compete this year on the Craftsman circuit. Its first race will be Feb. 13 at Daytona International Speedway.

Spencer won a truck race in New Hampshire last season in a Dodge. He lost the primary sponsorship for his Cup program at the end of the year, but plans to race in the season-opening Daytona 500 and at least four other events while seeking new backing.

A 15-year NASCAR veteran with two career victories in what now is the Nextel Cup series, Spencer has been in some trouble with the sanctioning body. A long-running feud with Kurt Busch boiled over last August at Michigan International Speedway, with Spencer punching Busch in the face in the garage area after the two bumped and banged on the track late in a race.

Spencer was fined and suspended for one race weekend and Busch was fined.
    ARGH!!!! Yes, just another reason. He is always so mouthy and never has anything constuctive to say. AHHHH....don't get me started...lol. He's just a big WHINER!!!!!

Robin

#20 All the way!!! Go Tony!!!

I made the dogs bandanans. They will have them on the 15th for Daytona and every Sunday after!!!!

great race last night.....

altho I do have a problem with the 'shootout' style of races at the beginning of the season.....

THe kind of crash at the end of that race is not worth getting a driver hurt at the start.....I live the close sprint style of races, but cringe at the thought of injuries...
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

The Daytona 500 is this Sunday.
    Do you have your snacks ready?
    I've got cheese puffs and plenty of diet soda!
    Nachos are another favorite!

YEAH, NASCAR!!!
    YEAH, DAYTONA 500!!!

I'm ready for the race! Martin qualified 8th. Not too bad. I can see it now. He will be working his way up to the front and will remain there for the entire race....lol...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Go Mark Martin!!!!!

I'm ready too!!!

DJ won the Bud shootout!!! AND Sadler qualified 2nd and won the second Gatoraide 125....let's hope this year proves to be much, much better than last year.

GO # 38

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08