Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allergy Diet

Good luck to you. We went through this when we first adopted Killian. We switched him to a prescription Fish and Sweet Potato diet and added Omega 3 and 6 oils. It worked. I would go with the Wellness Fish and Sweet Potato kibble. Let us know how it goes!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Originally posted by robinh
    If the Wellness works, they also make treats in a couple of flavors. That way you can still give treats, just not the usual ones. Mine love those too.
    Good point! Chester’s allergies will still flare up big time if I give him treats. HE gets the Wellness treats and some peanut butter ones that have just PB, flour, and some other ingreds. You’d be surprised how that most treats, even ‘sweet’ ones, have chicken or beef fats or products in them. So you may not see any results unless you go with only the Wellness and maybe some specific treats. It can also take a couple of weeks to see any results after completely switching over. It can take that long to completely get whatever they are allergic to out of their system and for the lingering itching to subside.

We already ran into one snag...Cincy was on a new antihistamine starting Thrusday and then I started the Wellness food (14/ c to 3/4 c. of the old) Saturday night. Within a few hours of that her belly broke out into a rash. Not sure what caused it, but just to be sure, we took her off the antihistamine and the food. We got an antibiotic from the vet to be sure nothing she is chewing/scrtaching at gets infected and took her off the anithistime and went back completely to the old food (California Nautraul Lamb and Rice) We are going to reintroduce one thing at a time and give each longer to work to see what the allergy might have been from (if either) We also talked to the vet more about the blood testing, and maybe go ahead and have the blood drawn in the next few days.

It may takes us awhile to get there, but we will get this figured out Thanks for all the input!!!