Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chewing Dilemma- PLEASE HELP!!

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    But for now, just do what we do...don't have anything around that he can chew.
    But then we would be living in a 100% empty house! When I say he chews on everything...I mean pretty darn near everything. I think the only thing he hasn't chewed on are the salt and pepper shakers on the table...but knowing him...he HAS chewed on them, while we were gone.

I started to read this thread and thought it was a dog too. thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, I just read through, and you all have taken my good ideas. So nothing new from me.

I just wanted to say good luck on finding a solution, I'm pulling for you.

Please let us know if anything works, god forbid that I may actually have to deal with something like that someday.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I found one web site that recommended giving plastic straws for kitties to chew on, especially if they are in the teething stage. There's also supposed to be a product called "bitter apple" that is supposed to make things taste bad to discourage the chewing.

These are not the droids you were looking for

I know I'm not going to be of much help but you are not alone! Pete has done some major chewing damage! For the first time ever my husband and I decided to take the plunge and buy a beautiful bedroom suite. It cost $4000 and we will be paying for it the rest of our lives!! We wanted something that we would have until we die and maybe even pass on to family. I was so careful when I picked it out. It is old looking and has worm holes and is sort of aged looking. I thought that if it got cat scratches I could fill it in with stain and no one would ever know. We had it delivered about 2 weeks before we managed to get the kittens inside. In less than a week Pete ate the top corners off of the footboard!!!! Very obvious and I can't fill it in with stain because it is GONE!!! He has chewed the bottom corners off of my cupboard doors, lots of teeth holes in BOTH my inherited silk lamp shades, teeth holes up and down both sides of our window shades, books and photo albums have teeth puncture holes!! He chewed everything that was within reach (which of course, means everything).!!!!
    My only consolation to you is that he is a little over a year old now and has stopped doing that! He slowed down at about 10 months and I hope and pray that he is now forever done!!! I know it is frustrating but sometimes the only cure is age!
    Good luck and hang on...he will grow up!!!

Maybe you could melt down a bunch of Soft Paws and make him a dental guard.

Bad Sammy!!!

Seriously though, it just takes time. I thought Boo was going to eat me in my sleep while he was teething. He rarely chews nowadays.