Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aim?

Plush pawz
    I've been BOO'd!

zanzanfergie

I don't like AIM. I used to have it on my comp but I deleted it years ago...............it was the first IM I ever used, but after MSN and Yahoo, all my friends transferred to them, and so did I. Even the newer version of AIM.......I used it on my brother's comp the other day. I *so* dislike it. I like msn the best but I like yahoo too. So many nice games etc. you can play on them with your friend. AIM is much too plain, not many fun/interesting features..... and I also don't like the fact that you need a screen name. I like using an email address like for msn and yahoo, and I especially like msn because you can change your screen name to whatever you want.

Popcorn, have you noticed the newer version of msn, version 6,has a place you can put your pictures and you can change your backgrounds to for example pictures of your beautiful cockateils, the pictures you show, the ones that your contacts can see, you can also change them and put your choice of pictures there also.
    You can make your own emoticons too.
    Like you I had Aim too, fact is I had all three on my computer, Aim, Yahoo messenger, and MSM messenger, but I got rid of Aim and kept the other two.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Originally posted by trayi52
    Popcorn, have you noticed the newer version of msn, version 6,has a place you can put your pictures and you can change your backgrounds to for example pictures of your beautiful cockateils, the pictures you show, the ones that your contacts can see, you can also change them and put your choice of pictures there also.
    You can make your own emoticons too.
    Like you I had Aim too, fact is I had all three on my computer, Aim, Yahoo messenger, and MSM messenger, but I got rid of Aim and kept the other two.
    Yep, I know that. My user picture on MSN is actually Popcorn and Muffin right now, but I change it all the time..........and the background pic is a different one for every friend. I *love* the new msn messenger, and I love the games in it! Its also so easy to send pics back and forth etc. I just love it! Yahoo's pretty fun too. It has a nice doodle thing in which you can draw on, and also has games and different backgrounds. But AIM..........its SO boring! I can't help but wonder why everyone on PT chooses to use AIM!

Nope, sorry, there are new programs that spammers use to automatically find IM screen names on boards like these (regardless of whether or not you have AOL email) and then while you are IM-ing to a friend spam IMs start appearing.
    It's quite annoying.
    If you all post them here with extra characters like an @ between each letter (then remove the @s before you add them to your addressbook) the AIMbot will dump them as unusable and you hopefully wont get AIM spam.

Originally posted by micki76
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you must have an AOL email account to be spammed. We're talking about chatting on AIM and I don't know how they'd spam me as I don't have an email addy attached to my AIM account. AIM and AOL are different; you can have one without the other.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Yahoo and MSN are too complicated. I don't like the fact that it tells me that I have 543252354365337584354 e-mails that I haven't checked everytime I sign on, slowing my computer.

I like using them for webcam -- But AIM is MUCH easier to send photos with.

Brooke, You know my SN.

P.S. I haven't had ANY "spams" on AIM and i've been using it for YEARS. I've also posted it here before.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

iceyshiver21

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Brooke, You know my SN.
    Ooooh yeah I do, lol

RMC2003
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

ILoveOTown1988- not on that much
    JakesRebelGrl-sometimes
    xkilledbymusicx- usually

I've gone from loving a boyband to talking about death... oh how I have matured... lol

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

spIM

Here's a new-ish article on AIM spam, including ways to avoid it.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,113211,00.asp

Glad you guys have been lucky so far. With new technology you should continue to be safe....
    A friend of mine was getting 30 or more a day on his IM account. He had to change his screen name.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin