Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The pitbull I caught this morning...warning disturbing

Me either Donna. I can't believe that an AC officer would say something like that!

I'm so glad you got Tasha out of there. Did she have wounds on her too?

So sad...
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by Tonya
    The officer said that all pits fight, it's their nature...that those scars and wounds don't necessarily mean that he's been fought. So, bring him back to the owner...the shelter is overcrowded.

Remind the AC guy/gal that all dog owners are required by
    law to provide treatment by a Vet for the animal's injuries. I'll
    bet this dog has never even seen the inside of a Vet's office.

I hope you can make a difference in this poor dog's life. No
    animal should have to live like that. Thanks for trying to help
    him.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This is absolutely terrible! It just gives me a stomach ache! I'm so worried that the guy will hurt you if you get him in trouble. Obviously he has absolutely no moral values. OH - be careful!

Those poor, poor dogs. Have you ever met a pit bull that has been raised properly? They're the sweetest dogs - honestly. "In their nature to fight" - what makes that officer the authority on dog behavior?!?! The jerk.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

That poor baby. He needs to be rescued immediatley. If the driver that came out refused to get involved call and ask to talk to the HEAD person. It is against the law and this person should be stopped. Just keep going higher till you reach the right person who wants to help. I hope that this beautiful dog can be saved. There must be more than one agency who could help. I even suggest calling the main AC and tell them what is going on in your area. I am glad that Tasha got out and that you tried to save him too. Thank you. Your efforts are to be rewarded.
    Good luck. I will makes some calls down here (to LA) and see if they can refer or give options.
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

"I'm so worried that the guy will hurt you
    if you get him in trouble. Obviously he has absolutely no moral values. OH - be careful!"

OH YES..... DO BE SO VERY CAREFUL!!!! He sounds like an absolute jerk. Without regard to anything. It is so very scary that there are people out there like that.
    Please do be very careful......
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

As to the personal warnings to be careful. I didn't say it in
    so many words but I do think you have sense enough to take
    care in dealing with this jerk face to face. People who mistreat
    & neglect animals so badly are the same "type" of people who
    bully & mistreat children & old people. They are true cowards
    & wouldn't have the nerve to stand up to someone who could
    defend themselves.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by lizbud
    People who mistreat & neglect animals so badly are the same "type" of people who bully & mistreat children & old people. They are true cowards & wouldn't have the nerve to stand up to someone who could defend themselves.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this at all. These types of people are jerks and I'm sure some are cowards, but most are extremely bad, dangerous, scary people.

Dog fighting people are a whole other class of criminals and I have no doubt that many of them wouldn't blink an eye at harming someone who interferes.

There's a completely different element to dog fighters, because of the $ and the drugs involved. Don't ever kid yourself that pit fighters aren't very dangerous people.

WTF!! the nerve of that guy! tonya you are doing everything right! Be careful with this guy he seems like one big jerk off... Do you still have 'whetto'? or tasha ? ughhh... I cant believe people sometimes.. The stupidity.. And it is NOT the 'nature' of the pitbull to be vicious.. Stupid ac..

Originally posted by micki76
    Sorry, but I don't agree with this at all. These types of people are jerks and I'm sure some are cowards, but most are extremely bad, dangerous, scary people.

Dog fighting people are a whole other class of criminals and I have no doubt that many of them wouldn't blink an eye at harming someone who interferes.

There's a completely different element to dog fighters, because of the $ and the drugs involved. Don't ever kid yourself that pit fighters aren't very dangerous people.

Don't be sorry. You have every right to disagree with me.

Toyna knows her own situation & I'm sure will take care in any
    personal dealings with this person. I personally would not say
    anything to him, but certainly would pursue any & all avenues
    in reporting this cruelty to animals. I don't care if he was the
    biggest, baddest, mother on the block, he would be reported.
    Animal Control, ASPA or whatever, they all ensure confidentialty
    in reporting animal abuse.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm sorry that the doggie had to go back to it's owner.

Although I don't believe that 'all' pittys are fighters, a good rule of thumb is to never trust a pitty to not fight. If he's a real dumb a$$ then he's letting the pittys stay together unsupervised and they may very well be snarking at each other and causing those wounds. It's highly dangerous to not seperate pitbulls while you're not there. Any little thing can set them off and once they start fighting, they don't stop. More than once, I've heard stories about people who have had pittys together for years and ond day they come home and find one dog dead and another gravely injured.

At the worst, he's fighting the dogs and needs to be stopped. In this situation, death would be better for the dog. But then he's probably just going to go out and get more dogs.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
    ~Kat

This breaks my heart. I would have/and have done, something similar. Turns out the guy I was dealing with was mentally unstable and had many convictions against him, such as carrying concealed firearm. Just be careful! I'm so thankful that you saved one of them. We get calls all the time about idiots having dog fights. Makes me so mad

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

No, Tasha did not have any wounds. In fact, she appears to be treated very well. She is well behaved and shows no signs of abuse.

Her only sign of that environment is the fact that she does not back down from other dogs for the life of her. The Husky Rescue's vet estimated that she is only 6 months old. -That's pretty young to not be submissive towards bigger older dogs. (At least to me, I am not an expert.)

Mike and I talked about it, and also talked to a few neighbors that we trust about the situation with Whetto. We've decided to wait a month or two first before we start reporting anything. I know that Whetto's life (and possibly other pits) lives are in jeapardy, but ours may be too. Apparently this guy has had several drug and violent convictions since he's lived there. The only reason that it was quiet the first few years I lived here is because he was in prison. He seemed totally loaded on something when I was talking to him the other day. All though I am torn, my family's safety is most important. If I report things now, I'll be the first person he suspects. But if I wait a bit, he'll probably forget that I was asking about the dog's wounds.

I don't know who in the heck I was talking to the last time I had Tasha. -Maybe his son. That guy seemed a little rough but halfway decent. This guy looks like a 50 year old or so ganster.