Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Germany Bound TONIGHT!

Have a safe Trip Souraya, Andrew and Draker!!
    You will be in our thoughts and prayers!!
    Let us know when you get settled in!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Good luck, and may you all have a safe journey to Germany and arrive there safely! Hopefully Drake will do just fine! Good luck, and be sure to update us as soon as you can!

Former User Guest
    Just wanted to welcome you to Europe! So, WELCOME!!

Although I could access PT yesterday morning, for some reason I wasn't able to post a reply. This is certainly an adventure for all of you. We shall pray for Andrew's safety as he is deployed on his mission as well as that the military won't have to be in Iraq much longer.

When you have an opportunity, please let us know how your journey went and all about how you have settled in to your new life.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

kissies, hugs and a few tears too. Please do check in when you get settled. I just know Draker will be a smash hit wherever you get settled, as will you and Andrew. Know you are thought about long and hard every day and know too that I've saved each & every picture you have posted of Drake and look at them all the time. I can't wait for more. Take care you three.
    Laurie

You are now either on your way to Germany or just arriving.... either way, I hope you all have a safe flight and that Drake does well and is well handeled.

Happy to hear you got a job there but so sorry to hear that Andrew had been deployed. I hope he comes home to you soon.

HUGS!!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

We Are In Germany!

Hey There!

I am so sorry I haven't been able to post sooner. We were in a hotel up until a few days ago. I had to internet access, and then I thought, hey, there is probably an internet connection at the Library on post! Sure enough, there was!

Andrew, Drake, and I made it safely to Germany! Draker seems to have slept the whole time. I am assuming that since the bone in his crate was untouched. All our belongings have made it to Wiesbaden safely as well.

After a few days of searching, we have an apartment of our own in downtown. It is a 4 bedroom apartment with high ceilings and hardwood floors! The building is awesome, old and gorgeous. We live one street over from the main shopping area in town and everything is within walking distance. We have been walking everywhere or catching the bus. Our car arrives in a month! But we are managing fine. The town of Sonnenberg is a few kilometers away and we walked Drake there last weekend and visited the castles in the town. Everything is so beautiful and there is so much history here. Andrew surprised me yesterday with tickets to a dinner cruise on the Rhein River here in town. We will go tonight.

Drake has been doing so well. We have been going on our jogs in town and he has been doing so well around people. He has met a few doggy friends and been to 2 side walk cafe already! We will try and take him on the bus/train sometime soon. It's awesome how dogs are allowed everywhere here! I love it!

Today is Andrew and I's last day of German class. It was a week long class for the basics (8AM to 5PM). We have lean alot and been going out everyday to practice our phrases. We start another month long class on Monday. Evening classes.

I am emailing from the library, so no pictures. I am still waiting on the DSL folks to install it at the house. But as soon as I am up at home, I promise lots and lots of pictures!

Hope everyone is doing well. My family is just having a ball. It's been one adventure after the other for us!

Souraya

Glad to hear you are settling in and having a good time. So dogs are allowed on trains and buses? That's awesome! Can't wait to see pictures.

It is great to hear from you!!!

I am so glad that Draker made it through the trip without any problems. I know how worried you were about it. It seems he is settling in well - but of course he is such a special boy.

Of course, we will all be looking forward to pictures.

So glad that you all arrived safely. Everything sounds so exciting, excluding the fact that Andrew has to go to Iraq.....but wow...the rest sounds fantastic. The way you describe it makes me wish I could be there to see it too. Sounds like a great place to have dogs! I hope you guys have lots of great adventures while you are there. You have to get out some pics as soon as you can!

Robin

Hi Souraya!

It's so nice to hear from you, I've been wondering how everything went with the trip, and from the sounds of it, it went just fine!
    Wow, I can't belive that dogs are allowed on the bus/train, that's awesome!
    So, those sound like some long classes, have you learned quite a bit of German? It must be fun learning so many new things
    Well, I can't wait till you can post some pictures, I'm dying to see them!!
    Talk to you soon!!!

PS Have fun tonight on the dinner cruise (what a wonderful man you have, but you already knew that didn't you )

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Your adventure sounds wonderful Souraya!!! And the apartment sounds huge.......lots of room for all of your friends to come visit, right???

Can't wait to see those pictures!!!

Ich prüfe Ihre deutschen Fähigkeiten. Wirklich prüfe ich diesen Übersetzung Aufstellungsort, um zu sehen, wenn es wirklich funktioniert! Haben Sie eine große Zeit auf Ihrer Abendessenkreuzfahrt heute abend!!

I agree with Logan and if my translation is accurate, I too hope you had a large time on your dinner cruise Is Drake learning German as well? Has he started to bark with an accent? It's good you are all getting settled and able to do some exploring before the cold German winter arrives. Not that cold would bother Drake a bit - but then not much does except to not be with you and Andrew. Instead of bar-b-que ribs you can give that ol' Draker some nice bratwurst or roasted German sausages! YUM YUM Drake

Wonderful news! Sounds like you all are having an excellent time.

Can't wait to see pics!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so glad that you all arrived safely. Your new apartment sounds fantastic and in a great location. What a neat adventure for all of you! Enjoy your dinner cruise, and I can't wait to see pictures of Drake in his new surroundings.
    Oreo and Molly