Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sounds silly, but.....

That's so funny... one of my co-workers, he's 26, is going to get his diver's license tomorrow as well

I never really wanted to drive either, but I really needed to so I got my license at 16.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Originally posted by micki76
    I failed the stupid test twice! I was also 21 when I got my license. Part of that was my mothers fear projected onto me. She never learned how to drive and I always feared it because she did. After I learned there was no stopping me! You too may learn to love the freedom. Good luck!!!
    Funny you should say that...I know exactly where you're coming from. My grandmother practically raised me and she has always been the most paranoid driver. One of my earliest memories is of her making my preschool teacher take out a map so they could find a different route so she wouldn't have to cross a busy intersection that always made her so very nervous. I think I picked up on her fear and paranoia as a young child. I can remember being in 1st or 2nd grade and thinking how nice it was that I didn't have to drive.

Even though I've hated it, I'm glad my F-I-L has made me start driving these past few months. I'm much more comfortable with it than before although traffic does freak me out and I do drive like a Maw Maw, but hey, it's progress.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. Hopefully I'll have my license by this time tomorrow and I can stop the weekly driving lessons with Pop(my F-I-L). While the driving has been fine, every time I get into his new BMW, I'm so afraid that something will happen while I'm driving it. I so don't need that stress anymore!

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

Originally posted by Chinadoll
    here the law differs from state to state. Up until about 6 years ago, you could get your license at 15 in Louisiana. It has since been raised to 16. I thought I read about a few European countries where 18 is the minimum age for a license.
    It's 18 for Moldovans too. I am 28 and don't have a license either, although I am not afraid to drive, nor ever failed the test. I just don't have a car, because I would hardly use it. But I am planning to get the license this fall maybe.

No License
    and not because I failed either.

Pop picked me up and we went down to the DMV only to find out that they weren't doing anymore road tests today. I did the eye exam and two written tests and passed, but I have to come back to do the road test.

I'm so upset. I was dreading doing this and just wanted to get it over with. Now I have to put it off for another week because that's the only time Pop and I can coordinate our work schedules to be off. It's so frustrating.

And it's no myth that the DMV is a horrid place with horrid people working there. Every employee I encountered was abrupt to the point of rude. Now I realize they must deal with many people throughout the day and some of those people act like jerks. I'm not always the nicest person in the world, but I certainly don't treat people any less than I expect to be treated. I went to catholic school all my life, even went to a catholic college. Politeness has been so ingrained in me. But the rude, condescending attitude I encountered even when I went out of my way to be exceedingly polite made me want to snap back.

UGH!

Originally posted by Chinadoll

And it's no myth that the DMV is a horrid place with horrid people working there. Every employee I encountered was abrupt to the point of rude. Now I realize they must deal with many people throughout the day and some of those people act like jerks. I'm not always the nicest person in the world, but
    UGH!
    a thought??
    when i go to places like the DMV i'll make it a point to say something like, "Hi, I am going to be the NICEST person you take care of today!"

that usually brings on the smiles.....

if you are dealing with a Driving Test person, put the car in neutral, rev the engine and drop that sucker into gear.....the longer the rubber marks you leave in the parking lot, the more points you score........

against your license.....

good luck!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

LOL! Good idea

I'm glad to hear you passed the written tests. Sorry you couldn't take care of the road test as well. I know it's frustrating and rude people just add to it. Try to stay relaxed and I'm sure everything will go well next time. You'll be chauffering kitties and ferrets very soon.
    Steffi and Lovable

good luck on the driving test!hope it all goes well!
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Poor you - you must be so dissapointed! But on the positive side - it gives all the PT positive thoughts and wishes another week to work their magic!

In South Africa we can get our learners at 17 (written exam, then you are allowed to drive with a licenced driver next to you and no other passengers). Then when you are 18 you can go for the drivers. I actually only got mine when I was 22, as I couldn't afford a car until then, and I didn't want to take the responsibility of only driving occasionally, beng nervous, and damaging someone elses car!

One good thing - once you get your licence, and have a car to use, you will wonder HOW and WHY you didn't do it sooner!

(Of course now I need to get my BIKE licence - I've been riding bikes since I was 15, but still haven't got the licence for that!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I got my license!!!!!!!!

We worked it out so I could go this morning. Spent all morning there. Thank goodness work was so nice about letting me off of work 1/2 a day again. I am soooooo glad that is over with. Thanks for all the pettalk good wishes.

Congrats!!! I never wanted to drive til' I was 17.. I could get my permit when I was 15, but I didn't want to.. so I've been driving about an year now.. and now I just got used on driving on the interstate..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

CONGRATULATIONS

I am glad that you managed to get the time off and go for your test this morning. You are going to find that driving really isn't that bad and it will give you alot more freedom. Enjoy your happy dance

Good for you!
    Now enjoy the freedom driving brings.
    Steffi and Lovable

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Way to go. I will be going in to get mine in 2 weeks. Hubby is really pushing me to get it. I just am not sure if I will be a nervious wreck when it comes down to it with the instructor in the my car with me.

Congrats again

Katie

Congrats!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!