Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got a bit worried today, worried and mad!

Chris,
    How awful for you and Bob. While things seem ok this time...what about training Bob to 'leave it'? I know it is easier said than done...especially with a working dog, but, think you could initiate some training? Also, training him to 'drop it'? Just a thought!!!

Oh, you are so right Johanna, if only.... of all the dogs I have owned/lived with Bob is the only one who has me beat on a lot of training issues! I won`t go into the details because I will only bore you rigid and re-live all the frustration.... but he is getting better as he is getting older, for example if it had been last year I would have had a real fight with him before I got that syringe out of his mouth whereas on Monday I only had to stand there for about 3 minutes with my hand in his mouth waiting for him to release it! . Seriously, he IS a lot better now, most of the time he will listen and leave it, but in some cases, like Monday, he is sniffing around and I don`t always see what is there before he has it in his mouth, and he seems to go totally deaf when I say `drop it` he just stands there and doggy laughs at me, even with the something in his mouth! He really is a nawtee dog!

Chris