Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Killian, please

Thanks, All.

I am waiting for the other vet to call. Killi seems to be getting weaker and I'm afraid something could happen tonight if I don't do something about it now. His favorite vet is unreachable. I knew I should have asked her for her home phone!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Sue, a big hug to you - and prayers for Killian.

We'z PRAYIN, Miz Sue...
    We'z PRAYIN...

Hang on Killi!
    Do yur Best ta get Feelin Bettur!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

This is heartbreaking. I'm praying that it is just a spell, and he will be fine.
    I know how much you love him, and he loves you in return--we all love Killian so much!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Sue,

I am so sorry to hear this about Killian. You certainly know
    him best, & if what you see worries you,I'd want to get him
    looked at asap. If you are unable to reach Killi's Vet, or leave
    a message for her, another Vet might still be able to check him
    out & stablized. I am offering special prayers for Killian & also
    for you. Many hugs from Liz & Smokey.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, Sue, my dear, dear friend My heart's breaking for my hero Killian and his devoted Mommy. I don't have to tell you that I will be on my knees praying to God to give our beautiful, brave boy the strength to fight yet one more battle. I'm glad you're taking him in...you can always go back again to see Dr. Ball. But right now I think you need a little support and reassurance yourself. We love you so much Killian. Star and Cody are keeping their paws crossed and sending their bestest pal all of their love. Sandra, Cody and Star

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Poor, sweet brave Killian..giving kisses as sick as he is....Oh Sue, I'm just sobbing...and praying so hard.....Am praying as hard as I can.... You're such a fabulous mom, you've all been through so much...such love and devotion and Killi know it! Oh please, God, let this be a minor setback.... We all love you so, Killi....our brave, wonderful boy....fingers, toes crossed and endless prayers........

I've been Boooo'd!

I think you should take the dog to the vets right away, any vet is better than no vet, and then your regular vet can see the dog tomorrow... I mean if the dog continues to get weaker...thats what I would do. prayers for Killian...

Sue, any news? We're all so worried. Please let us know asap. Keep praying pups!!! Stay on that hotline.

Hoping and praying for some good news...Please check in when you can, Sue.

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you so much again for all your prayers and encouragement. Heaven knows we need it.

Sorry it took so long to get back here. Finally the vet called (the only other one in that office that I trust). He was out of the office and called as soon as he got back. He asked what were Killi's symptoms and told me to get him to the office immediately. He said those were serious symptoms. So off we went. Killi went willingly into the car with a little help. He perked up a bit to be going for a ride. He saw his gait and listened to what had happened in the last day and a half. He said that Killian is nine years old, with liver disease and autoimmune disease...he sees the symptoms relating to the liver. He also asked about his eyes (just like my kids mentioned). He did a check and he said that Killi could see, but he could possibly have some vision distortion
    also liver related). I asked if it could be that it might be the neurological problems that go with liver-d. Yes to that.
    So today Killian got the "big liver panel" done to check all levels to tell us where we stand on this. How much liver damage has progressed and if it was just an episode or ....well, you know, the big downhill ride. Tomorrow will tell. He also got a shot of Tagamet and Reglan for his stomach.

The good news is he drank some water as soon as we got home and ate a little tuna. Now he is laying around again. The bill was $205!!!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers. I'll update tomorrow as soon as I find out anything.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Oh Sue, I'm so glad your boy is home with you, hopefully a bit more comfortable. I'm glad he had some fluids and a little food. You know...I went through this with my Jing. At one point she lost all vision. She had been bumping into walls, doors. When I got to the emergency vet's, she said "This dog is blind!!" She kept her for a few hours and gave her a high colonic enema But by the time I picked her up, she was 100% better and her vision had returned. Sue, I hope and pray this is just a setback. You are the best Mom, Sue. I know Killian knows that. We'll be waiting on pins and needles until we hear the result of the liver panel. Please kiss Killian for me; in that "special place," just between his eye and his nose.

Welll, a drinka waddur an munchin on sum Tuna...
    THAT soundz like sum GUD NEWZ!!

Thanks, God!!

Hang in here, Killi!
    Gib yur Luvin Mom a Big Schlurrrpie SMOOCH!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    You know...I went through this with my Jing. At one point she lost all vision. She had been bumping into walls, doors. When I got to the emergency vet's, she said "This dog is blind!!"
    I didn't know about the eyesight. I know about the headaches and pacing. That was Killian last night and this morning. He had some eyesight, but couldn't see very well. He kept bumping into everything, the wall, the large crate in the familyroom, the door...my son.... If you ask me, his pupils were really dilated like when the eye doctor does his test!

I hate liver disease.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

I'm sorry to hear about Killian. Prayers are on the way that Killian will be alright. You will be in my thoughts.
    {{{Hugs}}}

Britt
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa