Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Door to Door Solicitations

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Me three! What a great picture. For some reason - I have no idea why, Tenny seems to be my favorite of your 6. Sure, they're all black and white, but for some reason, maybe it's the regal way he stands in the pic in your signature line. I love those little tufts that come out of his feet. (I hope he's a he, I don't remember for sure though
    Thanks! Jenluckenbach told me essentially the same thing. If I might share a little bit about Tenny....(of course I can, right?). Tenny was found by my mom at the school where she teaches. He was being abused by some kids. So, home he came! Tenny was severely malnourished and dehydrated, and had huge huge matts, and a wound that had abscessed. He weighed about 3 pounds, and fit under your chin. He started purring the moment you picked him up- AND HASN'T STOPPED YET five years later. Tenny = LOVE. Today, he is 16.5 pounds, sweet as they come, putty in your hands. When you see him coming towards you, you smile, cause you know he is going to love you to pieces. When I sit in the computer chair, he paws at me to pick him up! He can be snuggled like a baby at night, and wouldn't hurt a flea. He is soooo fluffy, with tufts of hair EVERYWHERE! One of the funniest things about him is his weenie whiny baby soprano cry....I love Tenny very much.

Originally posted by Cataholic

Thanks! Jenluckenbach told me essentially the same thing. If I might share a little bit about Tenny....(of course I can, right?). Tenny was found by my mom at the school where she teaches. He was being abused by some kids. So, home he came! Tenny was severely malnourished and dehydrated, and had huge huge matts, and a wound that had abscessed. He weighed about 3 pounds, and fit under your chin. He started purring the moment you picked him up- AND HASN'T STOPPED YET five years later. Tenny = LOVE. Today, he is 16.5 pounds, sweet as they come, putty in your hands. When you see him coming towards you, you smile, cause you know he is going to love you to pieces. When I sit in the computer chair, he paws at me to pick him up! He can be snuggled like a baby at night, and wouldn't hurt a flea. He is soooo fluffy, with tufts of hair EVERYWHERE! One of the funniest things about him is his weenie whiny baby soprano cry....I love Tenny very much.
    Awww...that all makes me love him even more. What a big sweetie.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

What a great story. This cat must be loved!!!!!

I really love that picture....its great!!!! They are really, very gorgeous...in a manly way of course.

This thread is just too cute!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

OMG! What a sweetie!! Can I have him??!!

I also hate door-to-door solicitors, but if these two cuties showed up...I'd surely let them in! LOL

OK, now let's get this straight! If Tenny is going anywhere it is to PA and Jen Luckenbach. So back off....hee hee

p.s. isn't it amazing how cruel the human race can be to such wonderful beings as the animals of this world?

Yay, Cataholic's posting more pictures!

That one is so sweet. I agree with T&P's Mom, Tenny is a very regal boy. He must love you to death for rescuing him from his former life. And Dakky is a big cuddlemonster too
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    And Dakky is a big cuddlemonster too

I will go into more detail on Dakky when he gets his official 'roll out', but, suffice it to say, Dakky is a VERY close second to the official loverboy, Tenny. In fact, those two love each other so much it is pathetic. Where one is, the other is not far behind...stay tuned for the official roll outs...

P.S.- Tenny and I talked last night. He said while he will willingly visit everyone, he 'kneads' to stay with Mommy, cause they have a very symbiotic relationship.

....Tenny was found by my mom at the school where she teaches. He was being abused by some kids. So, home he came! Tenny was severely malnourished and dehydrated, and had huge huge matts, and a wound that had abscessed. He weighed about 3 pounds, and fit under your chin. He started purring the moment you picked him up- AND HASN'T STOPPED YET five years later. Tenny = LOVE......

Oh, Tenny you gorgeous loverboy of a tuxedo kitty! When I read your story I wished I was right there to pick you up and whisper in your ear that I was sorry that happened and that you are a wonderful boy. But I am sure your Mom does that a lot, so next time she hugs you it's from me, too.

Just a thought....I am always amazed by the animals who are abused or neglected but come through it to be loving furfriends with happy purrsonalities. Kitties are the best!!!!

solicitors?

with little hats and machine guns those two would look more
    like a couple of gents from the 'Strong Arm Collection Agency",
    they look too tough to be solicitors!

We are the Men in Black

Do they always answer the door with their "tuxedos" on?

Two very beautiful cats.

Door to door solicitors? Mine are almost always the religious kind......so I have stopped opening my door for them......after the 15th visit, you get tired of being polite.

I don't worry about them. I live on the second floor of my apartment bldg., the outside door is locked, and my doorbell has been disconnected.