Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Vet

can cats get toenail fungus? Havoc's claws are always pale and yeasty but my vet doesn't seem concerned about it. They seem to bother him though.

so what did the vet say about canine vasectomy? My vet said it would stop actual reproduction but not the negative behaviors of an intact male.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    can cats get toenail fungus? Havoc's claws are always pale and yeasty but my vet doesn't seem concerned about it. They seem to bother him though.
    That's a good question for her. Any chance you could call in and ask it in person? It would be at 1:20 Wednesday afternoon ...

And I'll find the audio file about the canine vasectomy and send it to you, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm crazy busy for the next 3 weeks, can't call

Karen,

I have a question about "horny" claws. My cat Spike has them. They are calouses that grow out from their pads. I've been clipping them as my vet showed me. Any idea how and why some cats have them and some don't???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Blog Entries
    so what did the vet say about canine vasectomy? My vet said it would stop actual reproduction but not the negative behaviors of an intact male.
    Thank you Tailof2Kitties. Finally an answer to the vasectomy question. Not all male dogs have negative behaviors when in tact but some do with the hormone producing organ still in place. Maybe it depends on the breed & genetics? You get an answer & end up with another question.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

I'm crazy busy for the next 3 weeks, can't call
    That's okay, I can ask it for you, she does that. And I'll send you the audio file when I get it!
    I've Been Frosted

I found the number and will call you at 1:15. Thanks Karen!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I was really disappointed on my call today. She wouldn't let me even speak to say that he'd had a thorough vet check before we left Florida. Not impressed

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

So sorry, Val, she's usually more thorough than that. I'll PM you her email address.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi Karen,
    Groucho has been doing something lately that I'm very curious about. As soon as I get my glucometer to check my blood sugar, Groucho comes from wherever he is, jumps on my lap and starts with headbumpies and kisses getting in the way of doing the test. I'm currently on 2 types of insulin, During this time he'll reach out his paw and gently stroke one of the insulin pens but never the other one. He doesn't try to knock it off the table or play with it though. Groucho does this whether I'm low, high, or in range.
    I'm curious about why he started doing this suddenly and out of nowhere.
    The animal communicator Vickie said Groucho is trying to help, and he also doesn't want you to hurt yourself. He told her you take two needles, and he thinks that's too much. I told her, well, first you need to test your blood sugar, so he may think you are hurting yourself. He wants to help you, which is why he is getting fussy and in the way! She suggested you tell him that you are doing the two needles because that makes you feel better. Let him know that he can "help" most by doing something - maybe a good stroke or three after you have your needles would help you feel better, and give him a part in the process?

I'll send you the audio file when I get it!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The animal communicator Vickie said Groucho is trying to help, and he also doesn't want you to hurt yourself. He told her you take two needles, and he thinks that's too much. I told her, well, first you need to test your blood sugar, so he may think you are hurting yourself. He wants to help you, which is why he is getting fussy and in the way! She suggested you tell him that you are doing the two needles because that makes you feel better. Let him know that he can "help" most by doing something - maybe a good stroke or three after you have your needles would help you feel better, and give him a part in the process?

I'll send you the audio file when I get it!
    Karen,
    Thank you very much for contacting the animal communicator. I know our pets are very tuned in to how we're feeling and often react in ways we may not understand. Vickie's response does make a lot of sense and I will try to ease Groucho's concern. Mike and I love him very much and want him to feel comfortable and be a happy kitty in our home. I'll be looking forward to the audio file. And please extend my sincere thanks to Vickie next time you talk to her.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

So, does anyone have any questions for the Vet this week? It may be the last time I'll be offering this, as I am going to be hosting a different format of show ...
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    If it's not too late - I have a general question about fleas - and if certain animals can have an immunity to them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

That would be great - could you call in tomorrow at 1:20? PM me, and I'll give you the number, etc!
    I've Been Frosted