Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: adventures at the doggy daycare

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    How cute is this!! Piper, are you a little happy to be cooling off in the pool!

Piper the yellow lab

I love Papillons! Terri the Papillon

We were just talking about dog day care services at work. There's not one right around where I work but if one ever opened, they'd probably do a land-office business caring for all the hospital staff's dogs.
    Haha. Piper loooves the pool, as do most of the other labs lol.
    I love papillons too . Terri is so cute. She loves to sit in everyone's lap or up on a chair, so she can see what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Wow, I've never seen a Dobie the color of Heidi. And I must say I'm partial to Abbey.
    I love how Kodie is hanging out right in front of the fan.

They are all adorable doggies! Lots of Boxers. My friend would be in heaven there!!
    Yea, they told us that Heidi was albino, but she's not. She has blue eyes. I think the correct term for her color is ivory.

That color actually isn't really a common color in dobermans (I actually didn't know the dog was a doberman either as I am not used to that color of them.) and that color has a lot of health issues, I believe it's a fault but she is cute!
    http://www.familydobes.com/colors.htm

WHITE DOBERMANS
    In 1980's the white Doberman made it's appearance and it has been found that the white gene is a separate gene, and is located at a different genetic site (locus) than the color (B) and dilution (D) that is the basis of the four allowed colors for the Doberman. The white gene does not interfere with these four known colors of the Doberman and does not need to be included in the color chart.

The white Doberman is considered an incomplete or partial albino. The dogs have blue eyes and are cream colored with light tan markings. The dogs suffer from photo phobia (photosensitive). This means the dogs cannot tolerate light, often closing their eyes and bumping into objects when put in unfamiliar surroundings. Their temperaments range from being very shy to fear biters. These are not the attributes a responsible breeder or one that is familiar with the criteria of a working dog wish to produce or perpetuate.

WARNING: The white Doberman is NOT considered to be of great value (charging more/more expensive) by Responsible Breeders. Responsible Breeders DO NOT include the white Doberman in their breeding stock/programs.

The WHITE color is a DISQUALIFICATION and these dogs CANNOT COMPETE in the conformation ring.
    Last edited by luvofallhorses; 07-13-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Wow, I didn't know that about white Dobermans. No matter, I still think Heidi is pretty! And she looks content and comfortable next to someone's desk chair. As long as she's loved and cared for and her people are glad she's a member of their family... Rock on Heidi!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, I think she is pretty too and I really like her. I am just saying white dobermans aren't common and why; wasn't trying to start anything. I am sure she is loved by her family, she looks like one happy dog.

Heidi was very nervous/neurotic when she first arrived at the daycare. She was panting heavily, & would pace around the rooms, looking for a way out. She tried to escape the backyard. She didn't want anything to do with any person or dog. I finally got her to calm down, & she was eventually comfortable enough to relax & lay on the floor. I've heard that white dobermans are created by inbreeding, & that's why they have mental and/or physical problems, but that's just what I've been told. Heidi seems like a cool dog . Personally, I like the chocolate-colored dobermans the best lol

I'll be working this sunday, & I'll also be working next saturday & sunday, so be prepared for some stories!!! I think there are going to be a few dogs there that I haven't met yet. I also might be working overnight sometime soon, but I'm not sure yet.

I also added more pics of Honey (my pit bull puppy) to her album if you wanna check 'em out . She's gotten pretty big (she weighs about 40 pounds now).

I have to apologize for #19

to love of all horses and everyone.

I am so, so sorry. I didn't mean to be mean, nasty, or place anyone on the defensive. I meant it just as it was. I didn't know that there could be such a thing as a white Doberman. I'm glad Heidi gets to go to the dog day care, that she gets love and care and fun. She might not meet a published standard but she is a member of a family and as far as I'm concerned, that what counts. She may have a genetic alteration, but it seems to me that she is still loved and cared for by her family just as much as any family loves their dog. I didn't mean to imply that she is any less special than any other dog. I am so sorry! When I first saw her picture, I thought she was a different breed of dog. :

Thank you,
    elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Dogs: Emilio (shih tzu mix), Dolce (shih tzu mix), Buster (???), Ben (sheltie), Marti (brindle boxer)

When I worked yesterday, everything went really well. Ben seemed to have a lot more energy than when he first got here a week ago. He's an older dog, so I didn't expect him to be very energetic, but he really has perked up. He was running around outside, & barking at me for attention. Emilio is so freakin cute!!! I picked him up & he fell asleep in my lap . The same thing happened with Dolce. Buster kept trying to get in my lap, so I picked him up & cuddled with him as well. Marti was hyper as always. Every time Marti ran around with a toy, Buster would chase after her, & bark. It was really funny to watch. It was pretty quiet for the majority of my time there. The dogs slept a lot. Emilio slept in a box under the desk that I was sitting at. It was sooo adorable! I don't usually like little dogs that much, but I'm starting to get used to them. Don't get me wrong, big dogs are still my favorite! I updated the album, so there are some new pics . I'll be working both days next weekend, & there should be some new dogs there!

I'm working tomorrow & sunday

Aww I love Marti, what a cutie!

This is so cute! Look how they are sharing a blanket! Like kids settling down for nap time.

Dogs: Max (yorkie mix), Muffin (bichon frise), Sable & Talon (german shepherds), Cooper (dachshund), Lucy (pug/brussels griffon), Bella (black lab), Emilio (shih tzu mix), Buster (shih tzu mix), Jubilee (mixed breed)

As you can see, there were quite a few dogs today. I had my hands full, but all of them got along really well. Lucy was the only one who acted up. She kept climbing onto the desk, & then climbing through the window, & out into the lobby. Max is soooo adorable & cuddly. He was in my lap the whole time I was there. Sable & Talon are really cool dogs. They're beautiful, & very well-behaved. Cooper is adorable & really soft. I have a lot of fun when there are a lot of dogs . For the majority of the day, Max was in my lap, Muffin & Cooper were asleep in a big dog bed, Sable & Talon were asleep in their crates, Lucy was causing mayhem, Bella was barking at me to take her outside & play (but it was wayyyyy too hot), Emilio was asleep in a box, Buster was bugging everyone, & Jubilee was running around. It was a fun day . I added some pics to the album, & I'll be working for a few hours tomorrow. Thanks so much for following my thread!!!

Oh I love Lucy!