Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HELP! -Cat figurines, etc., need new homes!

I sure will!

Back out to Saline now to take care of little Crystal Jasmine (and it's raining, too ). Then I can take some pictures and upload them.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Okay, here we go:

Meet Crystal Jasmine Millio of Saline, Michigan (no, Sandie, she's NOT available! ).

Here's one bookcase-set of figurines, demonstrated by Miss Poppy:

Closer shots of these shelves:

Another bookcase-full:

More shelf-fulls:

A couple of smaller groupings:

And in conclusion:
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

That tall black cat - is it spoken for? Not for me, but my neighbor. She has a black cat and loves all things like that. Put my name on it, if still available.

Is this stuff that you got from the Antique Shop? Maybe you could donate it back to them, or sell by consignment?

I couldn't deal with all that - too much dusting to keep up with. And don't the cats knock them off the shelves? Mine sure would

Phesina, could you please give lovely models Poppy and Crystal Jasmine some petting and hugs for me !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Pat your not going to sell or get rid of the PT Bear my babies gave you are you??

** Ok Could You Price Me the CAT Word && the Grey Sleeping Cat Next to the CAT Word && the Gold Cat with The Tail in the Air && The Three Dangling Cats With the Saying on the Wood.. ** You can PM me with Pricing & A Check will be headed your way with enough for the Frt too Ok.. Many Thanks helene

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

First collection, second shelf, spotted kitty in the middle and grey cat, same shelf, all the way on the right. Glass shelf collection, right side, kitty with dark brown face/legs and striped body. Second to last picture, the picture above the tall kitties, top shelf, blue or purple kitty, second shelf, the grey kitty with the pink ears and the brown one next to it.

Let me know if they're available and how much to send you. Thanks!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Pat your not going to sell or get rid of the PT Bear my babies gave you are you??

** Ok Could You Price Me the CAT Word && the Grey Sleeping Cat Next to the CAT Word && the Gold Cat with The Tail in the Air && The Three Dangling Cats With the Saying on the Wood.. ** You can PM me with Pricing & A Check will be headed your way with enough for the Frt too Ok.. Many Thanks helene
    No, Helene, of COURSE I'm not selling the Bear! I just left him on the shelf so you can see how he's watching over everything!

And yes on the others. More later..
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Phesina, could you please give lovely models Poppy and Crystal Jasmine some petting and hugs for me !
    Of course!!!!!
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    That tall black cat - is it spoken for? Not for me, but my neighbor. She has a black cat and loves all things like that. Put my name on it, if still available.

Is this stuff that you got from the Antique Shop? Maybe you could donate it back to them, or sell by consignment?

I couldn't deal with all that - too much dusting to keep up with. And don't the cats knock them off the shelves? Mine sure would

Gretchen, you can have the tall black cat for your neighbor. I have others too, if you'd like to see.

I've gotten some of them there.. I have so many it's hard to remember where I got them all .
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    First collection, second shelf, spotted kitty in the middle and grey cat, same shelf, all the way on the right. Glass shelf collection, right side, kitty with dark brown face/legs and striped body. Second to last picture, the picture above the tall kitties, top shelf, blue or purple kitty, second shelf, the grey kitty with the pink ears and the brown one next to it.

Let me know if they're available and how much to send you. Thanks!!
    I'll get back to you on these guys later.. maybe not till tomorrow or later (but you're next in line!) .. I just got in tonight and still have to have dinner, and then tomorrow early morning and late afternoon I have my last two visits in Saline with Crystal, and in between those going to Dearborn (in the opposite direction) for my brother's father-in-law's memorial service..
    Last edited by phesina; 04-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Death thought about it.

Anyone want any closer shots of any? (Taking photos, resizing and color-correcting them, then uploading them takes me some time too, but I'll do my best.)

I love them all, but they need to go on out into the world of more cat-love.

How this all came about:

For a long time I had just a few, occasionally acquired. Then, not long after I'd moved to Ann Arbor (2002), I went to an estate sale, saw a cat figurine I rather liked, kept it in mind and kept looking. Then I found another, decided to get both, and was about to go back to get the first one when someone else walked up with it to the cashier to buy it!

After that I started snapping them up the minute I saw one that even slightly appealed to me.. And T-shirts and pictures and what have you.. And then finally they started to take over the apartment..

Plus I have my OWN cats that have their own ways of taking up space, with all THEIR paraphernalia..

If I keep on like this I'll need to get a bigger place! Which I can't afford to do.. So..
    Last edited by phesina; 04-08-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    Death thought about it.

And I have other things like T-shirts and plates and cups and refrigerator magnets too, many of which could go to new homes too because I have way more than I can ever use..

More later on those...
    Death thought about it.

You have an amazing collection Last year when I was doing some trimming of stuff I found a collection of cat prints (mostly Danbys) and I asked my cat sitter if she might like them for her Cattery. As she has been wanting to renovate the Cattery the prints inspired her somewhat and to this day she so appreciates the donation of these prints. I'm sure you can sell many of your pieces but if you have some that you don't mind donating - speak to people in your community who cat sit - they may be thrilled to have some of these items for their facilities.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Wow! I thought that I had a lot of cat stuff. They all look great but I don't need any more either. Good luck with finding new homes for all of your cat things.

Wow, that's quite an impressive collection!

I'm interested in:
    Third pic; sleeping kitty top shelf
    kitten on the left, cat on the right second shelf

Next to last pic; small kitty with the stripes on the left.

Let me know what to do from here
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE