Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprise on the deck! new update 22

Moon always lets us know when an animal stranger visits. He attacks the glass door. Before Bean moved in, Moon had seen a strange cat in the yard and attacked the glass. Then when Bean moved in, we kept him in the basement for a few days and then opened the door and let Moon see down there. Moon looked at Bean and then shot a look of shock at the glass door and his head kept going back and forth. It was like he was saying "how did that cat get IN my house?" I'm glad your Pinot didn't have to do any protecting

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Do you think Pinot prefers a local kitty boyfriend to all these virtual ones ?
    Don't tell lvpets' Roco that! It would break his heart!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    Moon always lets us know when an animal stranger visits. He attacks the glass door. Before Bean moved in, Moon had seen a strange cat in the yard and attacked the glass. Then when Bean moved in, we kept him in the basement for a few days and then opened the door and let Moon see down there. Moon looked at Bean and then shot a look of shock at the glass door and his head kept going back and forth. It was like he was saying "how did that cat get IN my house?" I'm glad your Pinot didn't have to do any protecting
    No, Pinot was down in the garden, MANY feet below, and never saw Ticker. When my husband picked Ticker up I thought there might be some response, but Pinot was busy!

I'll get a picture at some point, everyone, wait until you see this kitty!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

OK, everyone that wanted to see Ticker - there are three pictures in an album in my profile called Ticker. Kitty made an appearance in the driveway this evening. I couldn't really focus with night setting on the camera, but you can at least see what Ticker looks like. It does not convey the size, but this is ONE BIG KITTY!

​GO RAVENS!!

Wow!!! I can tell that this is a huge cat. Ticker is gorgeous. My Ziggy is also a very large cat especially for a female. I have a feeling that she may end up being this size some day. She'll be turning 4 in June.

That is a BIG cat! My Ming is about that size, maybe a tad larger. I'm talkin' large! I love the big guys.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post

OK, everyone that wanted to see Ticker >>>

Ticker update:
    I was talking to Ticker's Meowmie today-some things I did not know about Ticker...HE (yes, it's a HE) was adopted into their family as an adult who had been in an abusive environment. He was 31 pounds when they got him, they have been able to get him down to 26 pounds to this point. The previous owner did some kind of tendon surgery/manipulation on him (I don't remember what it was called) so he wouldn't scratch the furniture. This evidently made it so he doesn't have control of his claws somehow and they grow into the pads of his paws, so they have to make sure they are trimmed professionally on a regular basis. How could someone purposely do that?? I can't imagine.

Also, due to his weight, he has not been able to get himself into all positions needed to clean himself properly, so they have him groomed, and periodically give him a lion cut. He just had this done; I haven't seen it yet, but I'll get pictures when I can.

Bottom line; I'm very glad he was adopted by people who obviously want him to have a happy, loving life. Just thought I'd share.

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Ticker update:
    I was talking to Ticker's Meowmie today-some things I did not know about Ticker...HE (yes, it's a HE) was adopted into their family as an adult who had been in an abusive environment. He was 31 pounds when they got him, they have been able to get him down to 26 pounds to this point. The previous owner did some kind of tendon surgery/manipulation on him (I don't remember what it was called) so he wouldn't scratch the furniture. This evidently made it so he doesn't have control of his claws somehow and they grow into the pads of his paws, so they have to make sure they are trimmed professionally on a regular basis. How could someone purposely do that?? I can't imagine.

Also, due to his weight, he has not been able to get himself into all positions needed to clean himself properly, so they have him groomed, and periodically give him a lion cut. He just had this done; I haven't seen it yet, but I'll get pictures when I can.
    Bottom line; I'm very glad he was adopted by people who obviously want him to have a happy, loving life. Just thought I'd share.
    I think that procedure you're talking about is called a tendonectomy here's a link about it:http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...ernatives.html. I know a woman that has also done this to her cats and I know that you must keep their nails trimmed.

I'm so glad that he was adopted by people that really care about him and I'd love to see him with his lion cut. When it gets hot here, I also have Storm, Sky, and Ziggy's fur cut into a lion cut. They feel soft as velvet and are much more comfortable too.

Good luck, Ticker ...

Well, we won't be seeing Ticker anymore...his "owners" moved this weekend and we found out they decided not to have cats anymore (they had 3) so they gave them all away. I don't know where he'll be now, but I hope he's happy.

We thought they cared about kitties, but over the last year we learned many things that pointed to the fact the cats were not of a great interest in that household. One evening one of the daughters came over and said "We THINK Dyson (another of their kitties) MIGHT have gotten out. We haven't seen him lately." Can you imagine??

Anyway, as I said, I hope Ticker's happy in his new home. Bye, you big sweetie!

​GO RAVENS!!

Prayers and best wishes that Ticker has a wonderful new home.

Last edited by phesina; 07-03-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Many prayers are being prayed that Ticker is in a good furever home where he'll be loved, spoiled, and enjoys the life every kitty deserves
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm sorry to hear this. I too hope that that all 3 cats found the loving and caring homes that they deserve. Some people should never have pets.