Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question of the day November 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    To those who say you wouldn't buy a car online - why not?
    I meant that I wouldn't buy a used car off of Ebay or a similar situation if I was unable to see the car in person first. If it was from a dealership's website, that would be a different story. I guess I was too vague.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    I meant that I wouldn't buy a used car off of Ebay or a similar situation if I was unable to see the car in person first. If it was from a dealership's website, that would be a different story. I guess I was too vague.
    I know someone who bought a car online - a vintage Mustang - and he stipulated that he be able to have a mechanic check the car and evaluate it before any money changed hands. It all worked just fine. Buying any used vehicle in any fashion, you should always have a trusted mechanic check it, anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

I've bought several books from amazon.com. Shoes from zappos.com because after I broke my ankle last year, my shoe size changed and now it's even harder to find practical shoes in stores. Clothes from womanwithin.com, especially pants. I love etsy.com! (Did anyone see the article about etsy.com in the Reader's Digest?)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I buy almost everything on line. Even food when the shipping is free, although I like browsing the aisles in person better.
    If I buy clothes, I tend to use LandsEnd because I know how their clothes fit and only missized something once and returned it with no problem. I never had a problem with shoes either. I buy my aunt's clothes for use in the nursing home from cheap catalogues. We buy almost all of our computer gear and techie stuff online too. Ordering stuff on line is about as computer smart as I get!!!

I've been Boooo'd!

I've bought off ebay and amazon. I have bought cds, movies, games, one jacket, books, posters and I think that's about it. I don't like buying clothes off the internet but I couldn't find the jacket anywhere else under $100 and I got it for like $45 on ebay, so I was glad about that. Everything I've always bought has always worked *knock on wood* but yea I like buying stuff especially on ebay cause it saves lots of money sometimes ;/
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Yeah, quite a bit. Usually CDs and merch that's only available online. I also try and find deals on riding stuff. I bought my saddle, some show clothes, and some random supplies (halters, leads, brushes, etc.) online. I use several different sites and always check ebay first.

Niņo & Eliza

I do buy some things on the net, but not a lot. I get my Simple Solution from Drs. Foster & Smith, pants from Romans or Woman Within and occasionally something from Harriet Carter.

This week I bought an electric fireplace from Home Depot; they shipped it yesterday, freight paid.

Sometimes it's cheaper to pay the freight than run all over looking for what you want. We have a WalMart very close, but they don't carry the pants I want for fit and style. Pet Supplies Plus doesn't carry gallon jugs of Simple Solution.

I've never had a problem with security. And I've returned a lot of stuff without a problem.

Yes, I buy things online quite a bit. Mostly books (in college I saved hundreds of dollars buying textbooks online), but also baby supplies (like diapers), and anything else they don't carry in stores or it's cheaper to get online.

Sometimes if it's something I want to see and feel first (like shoes) I will try it on in a store, then buy it online if it's cheaper.