Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm Had To Go To The Vet-Storm's Been Diagnosed Latest Update 11-19-09

Prayers and good thoughts for sweet Storm!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh Storm, you better shouldn't have eaten that popcorn! I hope you're feeling better now!

Kirsten

Thanks everyone. He's feeling much better now and he's been eating a lot of his canned and dry food. He just can't seem to get enough of it so I had to feed him a little extra. He's also back to his grumpy self and he's been chasing poor Ziggy around and terrorizing her. He just has to let everyone know that he's the alpha cat and is in charge.

I am so sorry I've missed this thread. I guess I don't frequent the health sections enough. I'm glad to hear Storm is feeling better and I hope the test results come back to show everything is okay or at least manageable.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I hope Storm continuse to feel better.

Prays,
    Melissa

Storm's Vomiting Yet Again

Hi everyone. Thanks again for all of your concerns and prayers. I still haven't received Storm's test results for his PLI test. My vet said that it was sent out to Texas so hopefully I'll get the results by the end of this week or early next week.

Storm was doing well until tonight. He's been very hungry lately but this morning I noticed that he didn't eat as much as he had been. When I got home tonight one of my cats had thrown up a hairball which isn't unusual. Storm seemed very hungry so I gave him 1/4 of a pepcid with part of a pill pocket like I have been doing. A little while later I fed him some canned food mixed with water. He didn't eat very much of it so I put the rest of it in the refrigerator.

Shortly after this Storm started crying like he was going to throw up. I know that cry too well. I put him in the kitchen and he threw up liquid with some food. He then started drinking some water and later he began chewing on some sisal rope. He then drank more water. I sure hope that he won't continue to throw up tonight. I also hope that I'll be able to get some sleep. I e-mailed my vet about this. Now I'm beginning to think that there's still something going on with him. He'll be fine for several days and then he'll have another vomiting episode. Please send some positive vibes his way. Thanks.

Athens, GA USA is where I currently live.

Good Wishes for Storm

That's terribly frightening! Sounds like you're taking great care of him. I hope this becomes resolved soon so Storm gets on the right track and has a quick and full recovery!
    There are no ordinary cats. - Colette

Tracey, I'm sorry to hear poor Storm is still getting ill.

I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading and will continue to keep him in my prayers and add positive and healing thoughts in there too.

{{big hugs}}

Thanks Chris and 5cats. Storm was able to eat a little bit of food last night before I went to bed and then he settled in for the night. I thought that everything would then be fine. He woke me up this morning a little before 6am and he was vomiting more liquid. He had also vomited up the food that he ate some time during the night.

I called Adobe but this time they don't have any open appointments so I have to go in as an urgent care case. Maybe an ultrasound will show more of what's going on with my big blue. I just want some kind of answers. I'm also going to ask about buying some more Cerenia to keep on hand because this saved me from another vet visit the last time. Please continue to send some positive vibes his way. Thanks.

Back From The Vets

Well I lucked out and I was able to get an appt. at 8:30am. I arrived a little after 8am and someone had cancelled their 8:30am appt. so Storm and I were able to be seen much quicker than I thought we would.

Storm weighs only 12.8lbs so he's still underweight but his temp. is normal. The vet felt some thickening in his intestional walls so he diagnosed him with IBD. He said he could also do an ultrasound but he'd still tell me to give him pred to see if this will help him. I decided against the ultrasound for now unless he's still having problems.

I have plenty of pred pills left over from my RB Starr so I'll be using these. I give Storm 10mg of pred in the morning for the next 3 days and then I start giving him 5mg on the 4th day. I have to e-mail this vet on the 4th day to let him know how Storm is doing and we'll go from there. He said it'll take about 1week before we know if the pred will help him or not.

He also mentioned about changing his diet to a novel protein like Venison and green pea. I told him that he's on a grain free diet and he said that he doesn't believe in that. He also doesn't like any of the Hills products which is interesting coming from a vet. Most of them swear by Hills. I have to continue to feed Pearl a grain free diet or she'll break out again so if I have to change Storm's diet then so be it. The others will continue to eat their Innova Evo. He also said that his PLI test came back normal so that's good. That's all for now.

Poor Storm! I hope the pred helps him feel better. And I'm glad his PLI test was normal. Lots of healing thoughts (and purrs from my kitties) are headed his way.

I'm sorry that Storm is still having such problems, and I really hope that the pred helps him.
    Daisy sends extra-special purrs his way!

Tracey, I'm so sorry to hear Storm is sick. I really hope the new diet and the medicine will help him get better.

I'm sending lots of good thoughts to Storm - from Fister too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Prays coming.

Oh dear. Poor you and Storm. I have a soft spot in my heart for those gray boys, go figure! I sure hope he gets feeling better soon.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.