Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chirrup? Mrrrrrr? Meow???? or silent Meow???

Tigris has quite a mee-ow when he wants something. And when you then look at him as if you want to say: "Now stop talking in that voice to me" he does the silent meow which is too cute.
    Filou doesn't meow most of the time. But he may say some not so nice words to you when you pick him up

Groucho has such a cute meow. He sits in the bathromm with me every morning while I get ready for work just talking when I ask about his plans for the day. He gives an emphatic mrrrow when he wants huggies. When his bowl is empty he'll start with a soft meow that gradually gets louder until his bowl is filled. When I get in from work he meets me at the door talking non stop until I sit down. Groucho jumps up, snuggles talking the entire time until I say "tell me all about it". Then he gives a full range of meows, mrrrows and purrs until Judge Judy comes on. He'll watch intently and from time to time expresses his opinion in a voice that ranges from a soft meow of approval to an almost growl of dissent. But the best is at bed time when he curls up next to me with what can only be described as his "turbo-purr" until we both fall asleep.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

My cats are not really that vocal, with having four of them i am quite pleased that is the case, Ash hardly ever speaks, a quite little squeaky miaow sometimes, he makes up for it with his growling lol, he is good at that, oh well he is a grumpy old man after all.

Nikkita is my talker really,she often chats away to me, she is a miaower, and Lexie does too from time to time.

Now Ellie-Mae is my little chirruper, and she makes all kinds of unusal noises that i have never heard a cat do before,again she is only vocal mainly when you are holding her for a cuddle and she wants down.

Nikki is my hissing cat,even though nikki is a darling, and would never scratch you or anything, angel in disguise , she has hissed at us once or twice when not wanting to be picked up,mainly if she is hiding a bit and you want to get her out for a reason, the others just hiss at each other from time to time.
    Last edited by carole; 08-17-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Jazz doesn't meow, whe says "uh oh". It's so cute. When she's upset it a big loud drug out "raw".

Scout has a silent meow. You just hear her lips smack.

Ripley is extremely vocal and makes every sound you can think of but mostly now in his old age he grunts.

Decker screams. He can hold out a meow or whatever it is for the longest time and boy is it loud!

Moxie says "weee". It's very annoying when you are trying to sleep and she does it right in your face. I wish she would learn something new.

Rumor chirps and meows, very sweetly.

Rocky has a sissy high pitched meow.

From Decker with Love

Great subject! I think I saw a similar one a while ago.

Maya has a very silent and high voice. She only uses it when she feels hungry and leads me to the kitchen to get some goodies

Inka had a very loud & demanding voice! One loud meow from Inka is enough to call all "troops" to the "restaurant"

Zazou says something sounding as "mayw!". She only uses it when she wants a headrub, and when she is in the car. Zazou is very scared of the passing streetlights, so we have to cover the travelbox with a sweater

Snoopy has a real funny high little "Mjow, mow", with or without sound. LOL, mostly she opens her mouth and "sayss" MJOW, she isn't making any sound

I forgat to tell that all cats sometimes sound like little goats, whenever they discover a birdie on the lawn
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

AND WHEN EBONY TUBSTERS HUNGREEEE!!!! HE SITS OUTSIDE THE PORCH DOOR AND BELLOWS HIS DINNER SELECTIONS IN THROUGH THE LATTICE DOOR, AND YOU CAN NOT ONLY HEAR HIM THROUGH THE HOTEL, BUT ON EITHER SIDE OF ME!!!!!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Mitzi is turning into a yowler - She's getting quite proud of being the only cat in the house and has no qualms anymore about letting me know she wants attention. My favorite sound that she makes, though, it her mrrrt. It's almost as loud as her meow, but a lot cuter

She does silent meows too, but the only time I can tell is if I'm looking directly at her.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Gypsy is a loud kitty. When she's surprised, she can get this really lound "MEERRRROOOWWW" going. haha if I wake her up, it's more of a raspy "ow". And Lexi gurgles unless she hasn't seen me for a while or I have catnip. Then it's a full blown "Mama?" Not even kidding.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing