Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WoW

I tried it. So far I have invested about 12 hours over three days into this. Do folks like me play games online? I am a level 7 gnome. or is it dwarf? My kids corrupt me. I think my wow career will be short lived though - I am behind in laundry and forgot to eat yesterday Last night I dreamed about living in Azeroth and kept trying to find my way out of a tunnel and woke up tangled in my sheets. I have never undertood the appeal of games but I have had fun. This feels addicting.

Is anyone going to Blizzcon?

I have the money..I just need to have somebody take me, haha. I was really looking forward to it also this year.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    I tried it. So far I have invested about 12 hours over three days into this. Do folks like me play games online? I am a level 7 gnome. or is it dwarf? My kids corrupt me. I think my wow career will be short lived though - I am behind in laundry and forgot to eat yesterday Last night I dreamed about living in Azeroth and kept trying to find my way out of a tunnel and woke up tangled in my sheets. I have never undertood the appeal of games but I have had fun. This feels addicting.
    You should have called us! We could roll a toon with you and play together... further entrenching you into our addictions
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    Hi Mom,

This is Jason. WoW is a lot of fun. Missy got an account and it even encouraged her to get that new computer they have been saving for. Bryan is on his second or third trial and is thinking of a WoW account as a birthday present for himself.

There is actually a detailed MMO demographic website called the Daedalus project. It says that in addition to the obvious 18-30ish males WoW has a big percentage of 40+ females. This is due to the very social nature of the game. They are also more likely to be "officers" in "guilds" and organize in game social events. For example I made a private "guild" (basically a chat and cooperation group) called Peanut Butter Jelly Time, just for Devon and my toons as well as the Grams kids. Similarly a large amount of married WoW players have two accounts to play together, like Devon and I.

Food for thought.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypup View Post
    Is anyone going to Blizzcon?

I have the money..I just need to have somebody take me, haha. I was really looking forward to it also this year.
    No way, hose! Too much money for me, and school is my priority right now. It's also too far away

facebook

So my boyfriend bought me 2 months to give it a try. I've only played it for 2 days but it seems sorta fun...(he got one of those zhevra mounts for recruiting me...I want one lol! it's cute ) damn him. All I need is another addiction...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Jealous.... I want one of those zhevra mounts but have no friends left to recruit!!!

Hey, if anyone here wants to give it a try... let me know, I can give you a free 10 day trial, no strings attached!
    Last edited by Jessika; 08-18-2008 at 03:21 PM.

facebook

I signed my husband up on Friday but haevn't gotten any rewards besides the increased exp yet... I wonder how long it will take for them to credit me with my free month?
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim View Post
    I signed my husband up on Friday but haevn't gotten any rewards besides the increased exp yet... I wonder how long it will take for them to credit me with my free month?
    It should be immediately; when you purchase the game you get 30 days free. If you check your account status on the main site it tells you how many days till your next bill is due.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, you only get the 30 days free and the other rewards if he signs up under you AND pays for a one-month subscription; so if he hasn't paid for at least 30-days of gameplay yet then you won't get your free 30-days.

facebook

He went ahead and paid for 3 months after he signed up and made the account with the activation code. Hmmm strange
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim View Post
    He went ahead and paid for 3 months after he signed up and made the account with the activation code. Hmmm strange
    Well if you don't see the 30 days credited to your account just give 'em a call.... that is, if you don't get a busy signal!

facebook

I am stiil playing It's fun! Daughter sirrahsim has gotten on with me and taught me the basics. Hubby sirrahned also got a trial and we have all three played together

My kids have "recruited" me but I can't get the new account to take the code. Will try again. Maybe there has been a fast influx of new players with the special incentives.

So, in the meantime, I trek along with family, and sometimes random players I meet on the trail, and will hook up and get some good training once I add the retail copy and a few months of time.

I am trying to set the timer so I don't get quite so absorbed and that seems to help. Too much time and I get a migraine

I'm still playing. I have a level 43 Blood Elf Hunter (DarkTora) and a level 21 Tauren (sp?) druid (Kize) We play on The Venture Co server..anyone else on that one? I still haven't decided if I'll pay for it once my 3 months are up...but I'm enjoying it so far. I only started to play because my bf seemed to enjoy it so much and really wanted me to play

I have to admit, I'm growing tired of being killed by Alliance Rouges over and over again though. They seem to find it amusing to kill levels much lower then them. My bf usually logs on to his level 70 Orc warrior and kills them when this happens...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Quote Originally Posted by slleipnir View Post
    I have to admit, I'm growing tired of being killed by Alliance Rouges over and over again though. They seem to find it amusing to kill levels much lower then them. My bf usually logs on to his level 70 Orc warrior and kills them when this happens...
    Just in case you didn't know this, they have different types of servers. I started playing on a normal server, so I didn't have this problem. I have a feeling you're on a PVP server where everyone is fair game. I too hate it when high level people comtinually pounce on the lower level toons that don't stand a chance. That's why I typically avoid PVP. I'm not very good at it anyway, even with my high level characters, lol.

See if there's a way you and your BF can start new toons on a normal server just for a different experience. That way, it won't be so frustrating.
    Visit my photography web site! http://www.purplepenguinphoto.com
    0.1.0 German Shepard/Chow mix (Kiley)
    0.1.0 Rosy Boa (Nelson)
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
    1.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Sampson & Delilah)
    *Sammy was Pet of the Day!!*
    http://petoftheday.com/archive/2007/September/06.html
    Please click and view my dragons! They need clicks to grow:

Quote Originally Posted by slleipnir View Post
    Unfair ganking is the reason why I play on a PvE server. I've tried to play on a PvP server to be with a friend, and it just sucks. Even if you're remotely good at PvP, there is absolutely NO WAY to defend yourself against someone 10 lvls higher than you, if you can even land a hit on them in the first place!

It goes both ways, though; alliance gank horde and horde gank alliance, that's just the way PvP servers work. Sometimes you can /flirt and /giggle your way out of it, but other times they don't care and will one-hit you anyway, lol.

However, if you're alliance and come up to a horde (on any server), type

/s AG EE OO P

And they see

ME LO VE U

sometimes it really takes them by surprise and you may get a few /gasp

facebook