Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates and New Pictures

Yes, huskylover27, Eskie puppies are the cutest little bundles of fur (but then I know I am biased ).
    Ginger says, yeah, having a brother isn't so bad, but she isn't ready to take on two more the way sugar did. BOL.
    Oh Terri and Pam, I think we had some sort of deal where, if I posted pictures, you would post pictures. Tap, tap, tap...I am waiting.
    I don't think he did realize I had a Eskie (even though I have about 12 pictures of Ginger in my cubby) until I started squealing when he told me he got an Eskie. His name is Mason (I think they are keeping that name) and he is three years old. I cannot wait to meet him!

Thank you so very much for all of the comments. I am so glad you aren't tired of my pups, yet.

They are both so cute! Taz looks like he made himself right at home! PLEASE give them both a pat for me, but a special *smootch* for Ginger

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

**excuse me while I do a happy dance around the office**
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Joyce I will take you up on your request to post some pictures because I did take some while Harlee was here. Hope to get them up today. Now Terri it is your turn!!!

Mason is a cute name for a cute boy. I never asked but I am guessing that Taz was your cutie's former name as well. My Ripley only had a number at the shelter so we had to come up with a name. I often wonder what his first name was.

Silly girl ... We will NEVER get tired of your pictures and are looking forward to many more of Ginger, Taz and Mason!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Joyce I must have sent you some sort of mental message. I was just wondering today how Ginger and Taz were doing!
    I was going to say the same thing. I especially love the picture of Taz conked out on the Big Bed. That speaks volumes.

It's fun to see how a new adoptee is settling in and of course how Ginger is adjusting to this different lifestyle (no longer an only child). And how are you doing with two dog household compared to only one?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    And how are you doing with two dog household compared to only one?
    It's funny you should ask. Just earlier this week I was thinking to myself, everyone who says it is just as easy with two dogs as one is lying. LOL. Okay, I was/am over-reacting. We are getting into a pattern, and things are going well. I think now that we can go back to the dog park again things will get even better. And once I get Taz in to see a trainer about a few minor issues (running away being the biggest one) things will be great.

I took Taz to the Vet for a check up last night. I have raised two girls, both over 30 pounds, both of whom took exams well and behaved like perfect little ladies at the vets. Well, let me tell you. Taz jumped straight up in the air when they put the thermometer in; tried to bite the vet when she tried to listen to his heart; and it took two of us to hold him while he was muzzled and completed the examination. Tazmanian Devil is right! Anyway, he does have a heart murmur, which I suspected (he has a cough when he gets excited so I thought he may have a heart problem). It is a level 4 (out of 6) and we will get x-rays to see if we can find out the cause and development of the problem. There really isn't much we can/have to do for it. Just find out what the problem is, and keep an eye on him as he matures to make sure he doesn't over exert himself. Right now he is only coughing when he wakes up in the morning and when he sees a female dog outside (boys ).

Thanks for asking, Rachel.

Right now he is only coughing when he wakes up in the morning and when he sees a female dog outside (boys ).

As a mother of a very soon to be 13 year old son, I had to laugh....it doesn't matter what species the boy is, does it?
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Nice pics of Ginger and Taz, I'm glad they are getting along well! I had to laugh at your Tazmanian Devil story....reminds me of quite a few chihuahuas I've had to clip nails on at work! I'm sorry to hear he has a heart murmur though I hope you won't have any problems in the future from that.

How wonderful to see them together and settling well with each other. I'm so glad Taz and Ginger are becoming such buddies. Thanks for the great pictures.

Did they test for heartworms? Just asking because coughing and heart murmer can be symptoms.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

Quote Originally Posted by 3muttsandaboston View Post
    Did they test for heartworms? Just asking because coughing and heart murmer can be symptoms.
    That is a very good question, and there was some discussion about that. No, we did not do a blood test for heartworms last night. The vet thought he was stressed enough. What she did tell me to do is to call the shelter to see if they checked for heartworms, because they did give him a pill (preventative) for heartworms, and she said that usually isn't done until after they are sure that he is heartworm negative. So since she suspects it may have been done, I am to call them today (thanks for the reminder) and if it hasn't been done, we will draw blood at the same time as the x-ray.

Taz and Ginger, you make me ---> SMILE!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so glad that Taz and Ginger are doing so well together. They are so cute! Taz looks like he's really settled in.

So many rescue stories, so much love, and so many smiles. This is an amazing update. I'm so happy for all of you!

I'm so glad everything is working out, Joyce! Taz looks like he's settled in really well, though I never did have any doubts. I love the new pictures, too.