Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think??

I agree with Jackie and Chris.

My first reaction was to think how incredibly rude that was. After reading some of the other's responses it made me think otherwise. I can understand if there was no verbal or written agreement then maybe she thought it was okay. To me, it seems that it's just good manners and consideration to not help yourself to someone elses things without permission. I also know that everyone does not think alike.

Now that you've mentioned it to her, I think it would be nice to go out and replace the items she took. Isn't that the polite way?

Kelly, I hope this doesn't continue because I know we are all so happy to know that you were finally getting a break and on the road to happiness.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    I agree with Jackie, wait and see what happens.
    Ditto. I agree.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

How is it going with the roomie?? I was reading this and thinking back to my roommates that I had in the past, and unless it was milk, butter, things like that, we stuck to our own food that we bought. If we had a dinner party or something, then we'd shop together and split the cost, but other than that, we ate what we bought. Now, my 3rd roommate was a little different, but that was because she had other issues as well. She would take advantage of what she could (like not paying rent, utility bills, and she was also a drug user and alcoholic... it was SO much fun!).

I hope your roommate will show you some courtesy and, unless you both agree to share the food and you eat her things as well, then she needs to stick to her part of the fridge. Otherwise she's just being manipulative and inconsiderate.

Hey there,

I'm so sorry I haven't been back to update. I'm in a serious Crohn's Attack (FABULOUS TIMING!!!!) and this is the first time I've been able to get to the office to get online.

The very next day I returned home from work to see a grocery back of nearly ALL the food she'd eaten replaced. It brought tears to my eyes because you all know me, I felt bad. Ugh, I'm so lame! I shouldn't feel bad! I wasn't mean and I let it go for longer than it needed to. She KNOWS all about my condition and my immediate need for certain items.

You are all correct, the issue wasn't taking the food, it was NOT ASKING me.

Things are better now. She's not eating my food, so that's nice.

When I told her that I didn't bring this "issue" up with her to get groceries out of it, she said, "I know, it was the right thing to do.". So she obviously knows it was wrong.

The more I learn about her, she's nice and a cool girl, but I think our age difference really dictates how we act and make decisions on everything. I've never lived with a roommate before, so this is new for me. It sure is interesting!

Furballs are doing very well and are HAPPY as little clams. I love them dearly. Yeturday Micah jumped in the shower with me! I'd forgotten about his little love for water...it was so cute, I spent my entire shower laughing so hard I was crying! I love those little fluffballs!

Love you guys,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Glad to hear things are working out with the roommate.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

I'm glad everything is working out!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Hopefully, that will be the end of the "issue" now. Crohn's disease is nothing to mess with and you need your food when you need it, aside from the issue of not asking. Things are looking up. Feel better soon....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Kelly, it is very encouraging that you had positive results from your discussion with your roomie. For a brief minute I had visions of the living situation turning sour for you, but it looks like, even if it is not perfect, it may be a very workable situation for you. Whew! I think you handled every thing quite well. Not that you should completely let your guard down, but I'm thinking all will be okay.

I so sorry you are having yet another attack. One of these days medical science it going to get a handle on this dreaded disease and then we can all celebrate like crazy.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that you've been so sick with your Crohn's. I hope that you'll recover soon and that this will be the end of it for quite some time. I'm glad to hear that your roommate now understands about your food situation and that she even replaced what she had eaten. She sounds like a very nice girl and I hope that things will continue to work out. Please take care.

I'm sorry to hear you're having another Crohn's attack. *HUGS*

How nice of your roomie to replace the food. Sounds like things are going well.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June