Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Serious Question, I Need Your Input Please!

I'm in the process of writing a new will right now, and I am trying to answer some of these same questions.

My attorney and I are putting together a trust with the primary purpose of attending to the needs of my cats for the rest of their lives. When they are finally gone (of natural causes after long, healthy, happy lives, of course), then whatever is left (if anything) is to be divided among several non-profit charitable organizations, most of which care for cats, of course. I'm still trying to decide just which organizations and what percentage for each.

In the will itself, I'll make specific bequests. The lawyer advised putting organizations that might not last long here, because it's easier to change a will than a trust. I have no human descendants, so aside from a good chunk to my sister and token bequests to my two nephews, I'll give more money to more deserving cats.

My sister will be my executor and will see that my cats are looked after, but I don't know if she could take them herself. And if anything happened to her, I don't really know anyone to be backup or who will agree to take them. My sister knows someone who says she will take them, so she's possible but I haven't met her or talked with her about it yet.

I wish there was an organization like you describe, Catsnclay, around here.. especially one that would have a Cat/Artists show! As far as I know, there isn't. I think the shelter I work at would take them, though they don't have a program set up to do wills or contracts for that purpose. And since the shelter is funded primarily by the wealthy couple who began it and own it, if anything happened to them the shelter could become history.

Lots of things to track down and figure out and make decisions over.. but I really want to get this set up as well as possible!

Pat

THE PAMPERED ELINE IS A BOARING FACILITY , A GOOD ONE AND WITH MY LEGACY MY SURVIVING FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS WILL ALL LIVE IN THE LAP OF LUXURY AND WILL BE INDEED PAMPERED FELINES.
    PLEASE LOOK UP PAMERED FELINE, BEAMSVILLE ONTARIO AND I THINK THAT YOU WILL THINK I MADE A WHISE CHOICE.
    I HAVE BEEN THERE AND THE FACILITIES ARE FIRST RATE.
    AND WE WILL VISIT TO SEE THAT THEY ARE HAPPY CATS, UNTIL WE ARE ALL REUNITED.
    ONE FINE DAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks for the information about the Pampered Feline, Gary. I just looked it up with Mapquest. It's about 250 miles away from me, which is much closer than another wonderful place in Ringoes, New Jersey named Tabby's Place: A Cat Sanctuary (http://www.tabbysplace.org), which is about 600 miles away.

Tabby's Place runs a "Guardian Angel Program" which agrees to provide a home for life for each cat delivered to it pursuant to the agreement. It is NOT cheap: $15,000 per cat ("Note that lifetime care for many felines may exceed this amount.").

Would the Pampered Feline set up such an arrangement for others besides you and your cats, Gary? Cats from outside the Hamilton area? Foreign cats? I looked them and the Animal Welfare Association up on the web (http://awa.xux.net/PetServices/PamperedFeline.html) but didn't find anything about such a program.

Catsnclay, you said the shelter you are associated with does this. Do you know if there is any blanket organization for these places? I'd like to find out if there are any nearer to me. Does your shelter have a web site? I'd love to look at it and see what they do (also see anything from Cats/Artists that might be there!).

More than anything else, I want my will to GUARANTEE that any of my cats surviving me will be taken care of for life.

Thanks, folks.

Pat

I Am Not Sure About American Cats And The Pampered Feline , But Iw Ill Ask. This Arrangement Is Being Set Up By My Attorney Who Also Works With The Animal Welfare Association , And Maybe Because I Have Close Ties With Them.
    I Will Ask Though, But You May Have To Stay In The Usa As They May Not Be Able To Bring Your Cats Over The Border.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

Thanks, Gary.

I know a lot of cases where older cats...even some middle aged cats that stop eating...refusing to eat because they were so bonded with their owner.
    Hopefully they go to someone who knows how much love is needed for this transition.
    Lots and lots of love.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT CARLA!!
    I NEVER THOUGHT THAT AS MUCH AS MY CATS LOVE ME, THAT THEY WOULD STOP EATING.
    I THINK THEY WOULD I HOPE MISS ME, BUT THE ANGELS AND I WOULD VISIT AND REMIND THEM TO EAT EAT EAT.

WE WOULD BRING KITTY BAGS TO ENTICE THEM AND THERE ARE PROVISIONS FOR JANCICE TO BRING THEM FOODS THAT THEY CANNOT RESIST.