Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stress in our lives - a time to share

I'm so sorry there are so many with problems. They can be overwhelming.

Angie: I really identify with you. My first marriage was like that. He was verbally abusive and very controlling. He worked nights. I would be in bed when he got home. Duke was just six months old. I'd lie in bed with the covers over my head, listening to Duke's cries of pain. That haunts me to this day. If iit hadn't been for my dad, I wouldn't have been able to leave. I onlu had a part time job and was in Texas. Will your family or friends help you? Please, if there's any way, get away from him now. You deserve so much better and so does Buddy and Sierra. I hope you can find the courage and strength. I hate that you're living like that

Duke's death was what did it for me. It was the last straw. I barely made it through that time. Now, tears are always just below the surface, even after 10 months. They're here now. I'll never get over it.
    1. Met wonderful, sweet man Brian (from Oregon) beginning of Feb 06
    2. Dad died 2/23/06
    3. 7/06 Spent happy week in Oregon. Finally found my soulmate.
    4. Brian ill in 10/06 Had heart attack and strokes. I visited him. After I get home, he cuts off contact with everyone.
    5. My greatest loss: Duke 11/12/06
    6. 3 weeks later, BW, black and white stray we had been feeding for a year. I had finally trapped him in the garage. Was going to make him my kitty as Doogie has taken to mom. He had feline aids and, long story, had to be put down. He was so sweet. Purred like crazy.
    7. Jump to this year. 6/12/07, Brian died. So, I lost both of my loves on the 12th of the month.
    I used to be such a happy, carefree person. I have a feeling, I'll never be like that again.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

angie, please PM me, we can and will find safe places for you buddy and sierra. you know some of my story, you helped me so much by listening to me before, honey we can get you out. and you can thrive again. ((hugs)) joyce in columbus
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Hugs to everyone. Val I am so sorry about Brian, I didn't realize he passed away.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

sas, k9soul, (((HUGS))). i wish i could do more, you are both in my prayers
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Many and huge {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} all around....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I think it is nice to have this thread to just sort of vent and release. I, too, have been going through some rough times for the past two months (hard realiztaion that no matter how hard I try I can never have what I truly want, the loss of my grandmother and the loss of a good neighbor). {{{Hugs}}} to all of those who have posted and those who are reluctant to do so.
    Jess, I hope and truly believe that things will be getting better for you (baby steps).
    Sas, big hugs to you, you have been through much more than I have and are apparently much stronger than you give yourself credit.
    Angie, things do not need to be that way. If I had a place with a yard I would drive out to Ohio and kidnap you and pups right away from there.

Sallyanne I am sorry I am so far away from you.
    Siegmar and I love to be with you because you are such a wonderful person and it is just fun to be with you.
    We love you and your kitties and are sorry we can't be closer.

Just got back from the ER with my Mom

On my ride home tonight, my cellphone voicemail had a message saying the local rescue squad had been called via my Mom's monitoring system and she was having trouble breathing and was taken the the ER. I drove there to meet her and got home moments ago. They ran every test possible for her symptoms and found nothing. So, now I have to figure out if she really had an episode or if she is dementing more quickly than we had figured.

I am going to sleep now....a badly needed break.

Thanks again for all your kind words. Oh, I called the local senior citizens group to see about them taking her out a couple of times each week. Tomorrow I am going to start calling nursing services. I need to take off the "super woman" cape and get real. I am glad someone reminded me to do just that! What have I been thinking?

Hugs to everyone, stressed or not! Hugs - free hugs!

Nite nite.

I glanced at this thread on my lunch break and was tempted to post but work got busy. I've just now had a chance to read the whole thing and have decided not to post my "stresses". Seeing what others are going through, makes my health issues and personal trials seem like nothing.

Big {{{hugs}}} to every one of you. Hold your head up high and stay strong.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    I glanced at this thread on my lunch break and was tempted to post but work got busy. I've just now had a chance to read the whole thing and have decided not to post my "stresses". Seeing what others are going through, makes my health issues and personal trials seem like nothing.

Big {{{hugs}}} to every one of you. Hold your head up high and stay strong.
    Of course your trials and health are not "nothing" hugs to you too.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Sas, I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through such a difficult time lately.
    I'm not that far from you, give me a call if you need anything.
    Sending hugs to you and the other Pet Talkers in need, remember you all have a lot of friends here at Pet Talk who are willing to listen and help when possible.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I think you all need a BIG HUG!!!![SIZE=7][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Hugs because you may need one
    Hugs because you gave one
    Hugs just because....

Sometimes it seems that things all happen at once and for a lot of us like sas and k9 soul, things are overwhelming. I'm glad that you are all courageous enough to tell us what's happening in your lives and touched that you would share your lives with us. I know it's hard to see right now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and sometimes when you think things are just too much to take, something will happen or someone will come along to help you pick up the pieces. A professor in university quoted Stuart Smalley from SNL when I was going through some bad times. This is what he said: "You're strong enough, you're smart enough and doggone it, people like you!!" Well you're supposed to say that to yourself. But it's true....And it's also true that you can't eat an elephant in one day...so take it a piece at a time. But obviously, there are people on this forum who are here for you.

Peace, and take care.
    "Take a dog and make him prosperous, he won't bite you. That is the principal difference between a dog and man." - Mark Twain

Big hugs to all of you.

Big Peterson-style hugs to all of you - though if you are not a "hug" person, I can be more gentle, I promise.

You all know our primary stress right now, from the thread in Pet Health.

There are plenty of others, of course, but that one is at the forefront right now, as we love our little bunny, and just want the best for her, and for her to feel better and breathe better.

Slick, do, please, share your stresses with us, we like to be able to be specific in our prayers and support!

And Sallyanne, please avail yourself of any support you can. Don't let your mom's needs overwhelm you. It's easy to try to think it is all up to you, because she is your mother, but just as much as your mom had a positive effect on the world by raising you, let the world return the favor by helping you take care of her.

deep hugs to everyone. whoever would want or need one from me.

my first thought of wanting to share my stresses here is most stressful. dilemma huh? I want to share, really would like to - it helped me through last time - a lot as this is to some right now. and so I can help others too.

one thing you most already know, we're going to live in the car soon. I've shared pretty a lot on here but only 1/8 of it and am "limited" to now because of how this place can be. I want to think and wish I could say things easily without dreading, being judged at or walking on egg shells.

I even lost a few pet talk friends for that; my on-going disasters. it's nice to know this thread is helping some but it just seems to me - to some and many people out of this site - that sometimes no matter how much I said, gave or did for people - it really doesn't matter who I am. things and people just can get so ugly.

I know I can't please everyone but I didn't said or don't say the truth I need to share, vent, rant or rave about to please everyone. this place was my only and one hope and if there's something I don't understand about then it's not meant to be. or yet. you are not me and I am not you. I wish I could say more.

delilah, prayers for YOU too. (((hugs))) and (((especially))) to those who just opened themselves. be my heart, and in my thoughts.
    Last edited by sandragonfly; 09-26-2007 at 02:06 AM.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Oh, Sallyanne, sending much love winging across the pond. My prayers are joining all the others for life to begin to get better for you very soon.