Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Here Have A Sphynx Kitty??

Purrley,

Thanks. He is a very unique cat. His personality is like no other I've seen in other cats. He's been through alot in his 2 years. But he's a real survivor. Ya gotta love him!

As far as no shedding is concerned, that can be a plus. But Sphynx cats are high maintenance. They need to be bathed twice to three times a month depending on how much oil collects on his skin. And his ears get cleaned 2-3 times a week. That's because he has no fur in his ears to trap the dirt. You should SEE the stuff that comes out of them. If you didn't know any better, you'd swear he had earmites. It's not. He hates his ears cleaned and isn't too crazy about a bath either. But he's a good boy about it. I give him a treat afterwards.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

How could I not buy a magazine with Mike Myers and his Austin Powers kitty on the cover! Two of my favourite things.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I found this about a Sphynx cat.

Sphynx Cats - Description, History and Care
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Miss Meow, thanks for posting the pic of Mr Bigglesworth from Austin Powers, he's the only Sphynx I have seen until MooShoo showed up here. I liked when Minime had the kitten version of Mr Bigglesworth in the 1st or 2nd movie.

Moosmom, I guess MooShoo doesn't shed or get hairballs or hair mats I guess that is a plus but part of the fun of having a cat is running your hands through their fur I think. (like that lady told you "there's nothing to pet") He is cool looking though.

Mr. Bigglesworth's real name is...get this..."Ted Nudegent". That is hilarious!!

MooShoo doesn't really like to be pet. He kind of bends his back when you do try. But he's a real cuddler. He LOVES to sleep under the covers with me with his head on the pillow and my arms around his body. I have a tendency to get hot flashes so his body heat makes me sweat. But I don't care. He's great to cuddle with.

He also likes to be picked up and will climb up on your shoulder if you tap it. Only problem is, having 11.5 pounds of purring flesh on your shoulder can really weigh on ya!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Moosmom, I have 2 Cornish Rex boys, and have noticed how much they are heat seekers. I even have a heating pad with a thick place mat over it that operates 24/7 in the cold months. I've often thought I'd love to get a Sphynx (Buddy is close, as he gets even more naked in the summer and have noticed what must be that oily residue you talk about on his belly and inside of his back legs), but I've wondered if I would be able to keep a Sphynx warm enough. Does that ever worry you? How do you handle it? Turning the heat way up is not an option--beside the cost, I don't like it too warm in the winter.

Janeway,

I really don't worry too much about MooShoo getting cold because he does burrow himself under covers whenever he gets cold. I keep my heat at 68-70 degrees and have lots of "snug sacs" around where he can go. When I take him out (he loves to ride in the car) he's got a turtleneck swear that he wears and also snuggles in his little sac. I also have a down throw that he likes too. The rule of thumb is if you're cold, they're cold.

BTW, I'd love to see pictures of your Rexes if you have any. They're almost like Sphynxes with fur.