Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy dying from cancer forced to give up dogs UPDATE #13/details #20)

He gets to keep them!!!! Special arrangements are going to be made. But he gets to keep his doggies!!!!

Ya hoo.

Finally something right has been done by our city!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop
    He gets to keep them!!!! Special arrangements are going to be made. But he gets to keep his doggies!!!!

Ya hoo.

Finally something right has been done by our city!!
    That is the best news I have heard all day. Time for the big wigs to get with the program and realize there is more to life they 'their rules' and 'their ways'.

WTG little man you can at least have some joy with your buddies until the good lord calls you to his side.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Can she afford to feed a great dane and a lab mix? Maybe whoever gave them up should have brought chihuahuas.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    Can she afford to feed a great dane and a lab mix? Maybe whoever gave them up should have brought chihuahuas.

You know sometimes you have to show a little humanity. This is a 6 year old little boy who may not see his seventh birthday. His wish was to have the love of a dog in his life and 2 people granted him that wish. I don't think they would offer a huge dog without thinking about the cost of feeding it and besides with all the media coverage this story has gotten those dogs will not need for anything I am sure. I can bet they will be given the best of foods and vet care if needed and when the time comes and if mom wants to give them up there will be people lining up around the block to give them fantastic homes. Sometimes just sometimes the world and people can surprise us and unfortuately it usually takes something as sad as this story to see it.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Dying boy gets to keep dogs

calgary.ctv.ca

rre

POSTED AT 12:06 PM Wednesday, August 22

A 6-year-old boy dying from cancer may not have to give up his two dogs.

A spokesperson for the Calgary Housing Company, Dale Stamm, says his staff are doing everything they can to assist Parker Anderson and his family.

Anderson and his mother Alex live in a Calgary housing unit and accepted the dogs as a gift even though their complex has a no-pet policy.

Stamm says Calgary housing has some units were pets are allowed and the company is trying to help the family find a space so they can keep the two dogs.

“When Mrs. Anderson advised the Calgary Housing Company that she needed her dogs for therapeutic reasons, the company immediately started to work with her on a long-term plan to preserve her tenancy,” says Stamm.

The plan may also include finding a housing unit that is close to the Alberta Children’s Hospital for Parker’s treatment for high-risk neuroblastoma.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My emotions have been changed from and now to Praying helps!

That's wonderful news!!! LOVE Happy endings!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!