Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable! It's Moxie and her teeth again! *UPDATE*

Get well wishes for Moxie. Will watch for updates!

Oh gosh! I hope it's nothing serious! I'd be so worried too! I'll keep you and Moxie in my thoughts and will definitely check back during the day!!

Thinking about you! Hoping for an update soon!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

MOXY!! Your a bad girl for worrying your mom and dad like that.Now you stop clowning around and start behaving
    Here's to hoping she get's through this fine.I hope she gets home today for you.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

UPDATE: Moxie is back home with me. The vet said this is all related to her baby teeth being in so long and now the adult canine is trying to move back in place but is bumping into the bottom tooth. He wants to wait a week to see if it will correct itself and if not we have two options. He can pull the top canine tooth or he can go in, loosen the canine and put a wire on it to force it into place. It would be like braces, LOL. That is the option we will try if needed but hopefully it will go back on it's own over the next week. Thank goodness she didn't injure her teeth or jaw like we feared.

Please send good vibes and prayers that it corrects itself without surgery.

Oh, and for my double whammy, last night I noticed that Decker is getting his adult canine teeth in and now has double fangs too. Here we go again! The vet said to watch him closely. He and Moxie are such late bloomers to be a little over 6 months and just getting their adult teeth.

Kim - you figured this one out!
    Last edited by jazzcat; 03-06-2007 at 04:10 PM.

From Decker with Love

LOL....a vet who does braces...that's great,but I hope it doesn't cost too much for you guys.He sounds like a wonderful vet. I wish the prices for vet care were the same here like down there.
    Well...I have to apologize to Moxy for calling her a bad girl.Do you think she'll forgive me?
    Moxy...your a good girl...I'm sorry

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Aw that's great news that it isn't a broken jaw or something.

Hey Moxie girl, you and Decker obviously share the same genes! She must feel like she is teething or something like that! At least she can eat.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    UPDATE: Moxie is back home with me. The vet said this is all related to her baby teeth being in so long and now the adult canine is trying to move back in place but is bumping into the bottom tooth. He wants to wait a week to see if it will correct itself and if not we have two options. He can pull the top canine tooth or he can go in, loosen the canine and put a wire on it to force it into place. It would be like braces, LOL. That is the option we will try if needed but hopefully it will go back on it's own over the next week. Thank goodness she didn't injury her teeth or jaw like we feared.

Please send good vibes and prayers that it corrects itself without surgery.

Oh, and for my double whammy, last night I noticed that Decker is getting his adult canine teeth in and now has double fangs too. Here we go again! The vet said to watch him closely. He and Moxie are such late bloomers to be a little over 6 months and just getting their adult teeth.

Kim - you figured this one out!
    Yay! I'm glad that's all it is! (As if that isn't enough!)
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Braces, eh? Well, why not? Hopefully, it won't come to that. But at least it isn't what you feared. Boy, those two furkids of yours sure are givin' ya a run for your money!

Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Braces, eh? Well, why not? Hopefully, it won't come to that. But at least it isn't what you feared. Boy, those two furkids of yours sure are givin' ya a run for your money!

Blessings,
    Mary
    Boy is that the truth! Richard wants to find a giant hamster ball to put Moxie in so she can't hurt herself but I've pointed out to him that she hasn't caused all these things. The horrible diarrhea, the tumor, the double fangs and now the crooked teeth were out of her control. I've never had a cat with so many things, especially to only be six months old. The vet said today she may end up in a text book before it's done.

From Decker with Love

My dog Charmin was like that. she lived to be 18 1/2 and my vet said that she built the wing on his hospital. We called her the 6 million dollar dog.

Blessings,
    Mary

Poor little Moxie; so small to have so many big problems........

It's okay, Sweetie, braces aren't so bad. At least you won't have them on for 5 years like I did (as an adult)!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh Lori, how relieved I was to read it wasn't her jaw. Poor baby girl and now Decker too. Talk about a pair of late bloomers.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that the tooth will realign itself and Moxie won't need any surgery.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Lori, I'm glad to hear that Moxie didn't break her jaw and I sure hope that everything will now fall into place. I also hope that Deckers baby teeth will come out soon and that he won't have the same problems that Moxie is now having. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent their way.

Starr will be 2 years old on March 22nd and he's already had coccidia, ringworm, UTI,a kidney infection, and now he's still battling chronic diarrhea that's probably due to colitis. He also had to have a neuter/spay because one of his testicles never descended. I sure hope that Moxie's health will improve.

I'm so happy that it's no worse than this. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it sorts itself. Poor kittens!