Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luna's lump is still there: Need opinions, please!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    My mother had breast cancer and had several needle biopsies to confirm the cancer. They never caused more problems.

Kirsten - I'm the wait and see kind of person but if you don't feel comfortable with that then get another opinion.
    My mom did too. I think that I'd also wait and see if the medicine will help shrink the lump again. I sure hope it will. Good luck.

My aunt had a biopsy and her cancer spread all over her body within weeks.

Besides, all the vets I talked to ruled out the possibility of a needle biopsy because of the lump's nature.
    It's deep in the fat tissue and VERY movable. They could never be sure if they really get cells from the lump, or from the surrounding tisssue, so this is not safe.

No, it's either surgery or waiting. Meanwhile, after sleeping one night over it, I'm tending more to the first option now. But I would hate it. Luna acted so strange after her last anaesthesia, I feared she had a stroke! And she's been through such a lot! During the last months, since the homeopathic remedies are keeping her UTIs at bay, she's so much happier and more self-confident and relaxed, and I would hate to ruin that with another surgery. Usually I'm NOT the let's wait and see-person, but I have a very bad feeling about the surgery.

And no, the lump doesn't seem to bother her at all, and it's not painful.

I'll talk to my vet again next week; if she'll have surgery, I want it to happen next week, because I'm at home. But it would break my heart.

Kirsten

Whatever you decide, I support you and pray for Luna!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'd wait, if it doesn't seem to bother her.

Thank you!

I'm still not sure what to do, it's such a hard decision to make...

Kirsten

I agree with your vet- it would have grown faster if it was a tumor- so I would stick with the wait-and-see fraction.

Luna's lump is still there

My heart goes out to you, Kirsten. This is one tough decision and I know all you want is what's best for Luna. You've said the lump is between her shoulder blades. I don't know much about cat anatomy but is there a risk of the lump affecting her spine, bones, or any vital organs? The last thing I want to do is upset you more than you already are, just thought it might be a question for your vet. Prayers are being prayed for Luna and lots of
    [[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]] being sent for you. As hard as this is, I'm certain that you'll make the right decision
    You know your Luna better than anyone else. If you have a gut feeling about this, go with it...
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    I agree with your vet- it would have grown faster if it was a tumor- so I would stick with the wait-and-see fraction.
    That would probably be my choice as well. You did say the Silicea remedy was working, right? Did you stop giving Luna that at all and then the lump became bigger? Or did it grow larger while continually giving the Silicea?

Either way, it's a hard position to be in. Hopefully you will find a solution that will be the best for all involved.