View Poll Results: Should the video of his death be released to the public?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 8.79%
  • No

69 75.82%
  • Unsure

14 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of Steve Irwins death

Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    I just don't think I can vote on this topic. I think his family should choose whether it should be released or not. Steve wanted anything that ever happened to him to be on film, and I didn't know that it is, but it is. I don't think he said anything about it being published, but in all due respect for him and his family, I really think his family should choose.
    Well said! I agree.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I don't think it should be, and I also think it should be up to his family & close friends as to whether they show the public or not. Steve said that he wanted anything that ever happened to him to be caught on film, but I don't believe he said that he wanted the entire world to see him die (unless I misinterpreted what he meant).

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I ment to vote for no, but accidently clicked unsure because I wasn't paying attention.

As for the question, NO!!! Absolutely NOT! For one, I myself would be hysterical crying if they aired it. Second, because why would the family want to relive such a horrible moment. I can't even Imagine his kids looking at that at all. I cannot imagine why anyone would see that.

Last I heard, Terry was to choose wether to air it or not. Which I hope she doesn't, I know I would not be watching that.

BTW, I agree with k9soul, that video should be destroyed, for the familys sake.

Nah, it's in the past. Let the man rest.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Absolutely NOT! That would be a complete invasion of the family and friends privacy! It would be unfair! It would be devestated(sp) for them to see that being played over and over again on the news! Plus, it might not sit right with some people to see someone dieing a very horrible death....

How many times do we say something, expecting it to never happen? That's the question I'm left with... would Steve really have wanted that clip shown? Was that statement made before or after he had children? People's opinions change over time.

I think his wife should make the choice.

Personally, I don't think I want to see it. Perhaps only if, as Freckles suggested, the last few seconds were edited.

No.

I realy dont think it should be shown.

Im scared of the people that did not like him or made fun of him (Which no one should have!) I know how the world is these days and I realy dont want stupid people watching it and laughing and saying horrible things about this man while he was killed.

The tape should only be given to his family they can either keep or destroy it I mean why watch your husbands death over and over again when you can watch all the amazing things he did threw his life and be happy to think he's in a peaceful place.

I don't really want to see it. Maybe up untill the last bit where he actually got stabbed, but I don't think the media should get at that.

Niño & Eliza

I voted for unsure. I feel that it is definitely up to his family to decide what to do with the tape. Though I'm not sure how it will work out legally, the tape could very well belong to the production company, I just hope that they will consult with the family before anything is done with it.

I don't think that it should be aired. I agree with mustlovedogs and Argranade. It is such a sad event, I know that I would not it on air if it was my family member or friend...

I don't want to watch him die and I doubt that Terri would want the kids to see it right now either
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

No, I don't think it is a good idea to release this to the public! I understand if they want to keep the video and file it; but make it public??? NO!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I voted no, but would consider it if....

all the proceeds of the film went to a charity.....so that the sickos who pay to see someone get killed, have their money go to a worthy charity.

I won't be going to any movie or watching a tv showing him die.

I said No! i just think of my passing,whether it is in a car accident or anywhere in the public,we never know how we will go that is in gods hands,But i would not want my death broadcasted,not even edited to the cucial parts,The sad thing in all this is someone will get there hands on it i'm sure of it,I'm not trying to be negative but we all know the press they love stuff like that,Just like that website,celebrity morgue,they have all kinds of pictures of the famous deseased,there was an article on tv and in the papers on this a few years back,It really is sad that people would go as far as that but we do live in a sick world,I sometimes wonder why things like this happen to the best of us,I think they should let the family mourn,and be private about it,and just like someone has already said on here"let him rest"He will be on the news for many years to come,even though he has passed,I just hope the children don't get caught up in it all.

Seriously, I don't think anyone's death should be shown on television, as anyone has the power to pick up a remote and switch on a channel. Just imagine if a young child saw that. Does anything more need to be said?

Zimbabwe 07/13