Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I gotta poodle question!.!.!.

Ohhhh, I'm in Poodle Heaven this morning. Thanks Pam and Aly for the pictures. Hannah's fur is quite poodle-like so we keep her clipped as well, like Reece, in the teddy bear cut, although I never realized that was what it was called....Thanks Aly!

I don't think I have ever seen a poodle who was not a show dog in one of the show dog cuts.

Originally posted by Pam
    ...I'm sure they have their reasons for requiring that particular cut for shows, but I am not a fan of it at all. I think people are so turned off to those cuts that many won't even consider having a poodle as a pet because of it. Just like with any dog, it's what's under the fur that is important, and to me at least, to know a poodle is to love a poodle.
    You're so right, Pam. Those cuts really do turn a lot of people off. I hate to admit this but when I was little, that was one of the reasons that I didn't much care for poodles. But, now that I'm a little older (and hopefully wiser LOL) I've come to see that it's those darned cuts that give those poor precious poochies such a bad wrap! Seeing pics of everyone's poodles on here made me fall in love with them...and they're so cute in those puppy and teddy bear cuts! Recently I got to 'meet' a couple of black standard poodles in 'person', and they were just the most gentle elegant dogs! I couldn't believe how good and polite they were. It actually got my cravings going for a poodle! LOL LOL
    I love the pics everyone! Pam, Bella is one precious young lady! And little Reece is so cute I just want to cuddle him! Awwwwww!!! Give your pups lots-o-lovin' for me!

I just noticed this thread! Poodles are the BEST!!! I think Reece, Bella and Fritz are the cutes poodles in the world. Fritz doesn't have a name for his haircut, I just get him shaved!!!

Oh my gosh, I forgot Smokey
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tanya&Fritz; 04-30-2002 at 11:42 AM.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Awww look at little Fritz He reminds me of a sweet little lamb. I think his cut is similar to the teddy bear cut. They just don't shave the face or feet closer like the puppy cut.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hey there Fritz! Another poodle member checking in! We haven't heard too much from you lately. That's a terrific picture of you with Hans and I like your haircut (and I love Han's little bent ear. ) Tell your mom to drop in from time to time with stories and pictures!

Yes, Aly, he looks like a little lamb but he's quite a devil!

When Fritz turned 1, we took him out of his crate during the day. He was pretty good except for eating the corner of the wall! We went out for a few hours Sunday and he tore apart a pillow. He was sitting in the middle of all this stuffing and I couldn't stop laughing. My husband didn't find it as funny though So now he's back in his crate. We'll try him again loose in another couple of weeks or so. I go home every day at lunch though to let him out.

But... having said all that, Fritz is the most cuddly, cutest little dog I've ever had. He's so much fun!
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky