Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new addition- help and pics

omg you lucky duck!!! lol i think its a pony!
    *~*chelsea*~*

**Thanks, ashleycat, i love the siggys!!!**

~chelsea* && Timber, George, Fred, & Hammie.
    (Skipper too! )
    [CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Georgia][B]

You can measure how tall she is. A hand equals 4 inches, so measure from the ground to her withers and that will tell you how many hands tall she is. She looks to be a Shetland and probably won't grow much taller than she is now. Maybe an inch or two but not much. Have fun with her, she's sure cute. Maybe you can train her to pull a small cart for you!

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    You can measure how tall she is. A hand equals 4 inches, so measure from the ground to her withers and that will tell you how many hands tall she is. She looks to be a Shetland and probably won't grow much taller than she is now. Maybe an inch or two but not much. Have fun with her, she's sure cute. Maybe you can train her to pull a small cart for you!
    I will measure her when she lets me get close enough. Yeah, she definatly isn't a regular Shetland, but maybe the american type. That'd be really cool if she could pull one of those cart you sit in!

Regular Shetland:

American Shetland:

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Thats what Shetlands were used for perfect small cart pulling ponies because they are so tough. But I can gaurentee she is a pony. Trigger dosent look at all like a pony but he is(well actually technically hes not hes 1 hand over ). I really see American Shetland looks like identical to the one in my book just she isnt as fat wich she should be a little fat if she is Shetland.Anways I have to tell you again YOU SO LUCKY!
    You have every little girls birthday wish come true!!
    I cant wait for my parents to be like one day we bought you a puppy or a pony!
    But I doubt that will EVER happen.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Thats what Shetlands were used for perfect small cart pulling ponies because they are so tough. But I can gaurentee she is a pony. Trigger dosent look at all like a pony but he is(well actually technically hes not hes 1 hand over ). I really see American Shetland looks like identical to the one in my book just she isnt as fat wich she should be a little fat if she is Shetland.Anways I have to tell you again YOU SO LUCKY!
    You have every little girls birthday wish come true!!
    I cant wait for my parents to be like one day we bought you a puppy or a pony!
    But I doubt that will EVER happen.
    Well American Shetlands aren't supposed to be tubby.... that is what I'm guessing she is. They are much more long legged and refined then the lil Shetlands. American Shetland Ponies are great show horses and they are good with pulling the carts with people in them. They are a fairly new breed in the US, too. (compare the pics I have above to see the difference)

Well, some horses are around thirteen hands high... they are just small horses. And some ponies can be 15 hh. There really is no exact height, I think it's usually the build that is different. Of course, a horse coulden't be like 11hh.

We have been planning to get a horse for a year now, and my dad just decided to get one around my bday. I was so excited I was in tears! lol I've wanted one since I was 5 years old. You should post some pics of Trigger!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

She is absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!!! Talk about a birthday present Wow, I am extremely jealous! I can't have a horse!
    Congrats on you beautiful, wonderful, shy, adorable, etc...little girl

I love the name Painted Beauty! some other suggestions I can think of are Shyann, Rain (from Spirit..), and Minnesota (in a Native American tribe, it means Land of the sky painted waters, if yah didn't know)

Good luck with the name! - and I am SO happy for you! (((((HUGS)))))
    Stephanie, Jesse, Splinter, and Xambi

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_3
    She is absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!!! Talk about a birthday present Wow, I am extremely jealous! I can't have a horse!
    Congrats on you beautiful, wonderful, shy, adorable, etc...little girl

I love the name Painted Beauty! some other suggestions I can think of are Shyann, Rain (from Spirit..), and Minnesota (in a Native American tribe, it means Land of the sky painted waters, if yah didn't know)

Good luck with the name! - and I am SO happy for you! (((((HUGS)))))
    Stephanie, Jesse, Splinter, and Xambi
    Thanks Steph! That's so cool, I didn't know thats what Minnesota meant! It really does fit her. I'll have to think about it. THanks again everyone!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I have decided to name her Painted Dreamer. I thought of the name Dreamer from the movie and added the Painted part in front of it. It really suits her!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

OMG! i didn't know it was your birthday! happy birthday! what a great gift! she's adorable! i hope you can help make her more confident.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    OMG! i didn't know it was your birthday! happy birthday! what a great gift! she's adorable! i hope you can help make her more confident.
    Thanks. Yep it was my bday ont he 20th. I hope she does calm down a bit and be more confident about things. Thanks again.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Painted Dreamer is a great name! I really, really like it!

More pictures is a must once she is more settled in and comfortable. Be sure to keep us updated with her progress.

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Winter Trigger

Summer Trigger

See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

she's beautiful! I like Painted Dreamer. Congrats and happy birthday!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Winter Trigger

Summer Trigger

Aww he's gorgous!!

Chrissycat... I will keep you all updated. luvofallhorses, thanks!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I called my dad today to see how Dreamer was doing. He said she is no better, even a little worse then this last weekend. She just plain won't trust people. We are looking for a trainer that might help us a little. How do I go about finding one? There were none in the classifieds.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*