Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitback (american pit/rhodesian ridgeback mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    You are purchasing or adopting the puppy from this breeder?

And the puppy you are getting is a mixed breed, correct?

Is this "Pitback" puppy registered with any registry (as your first post implies).

Guys lets not be rude, some people just aren't informed and don't know the dangers of BYB and puppy mills. Lets inform nicely
    umm Zoomer isnt buying this puppy
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    umm Zoomer isnt buying this puppy
    Yes I realized that last night, but those are all still questions that apply in either case

facebook

Ok i went through the same thing i bought my red tri Australian Shepherd as a purebred....she is now going on 3 years and i have not recieved the paper..so that means she is not a purebred i could not put her in a show or anything withought that piece of paper she means nothing to any of the CKC,ABCA or anyother names on wich are dogs are registerd too...i'd do some background checks before you do anything...what exzctly are you paying for this dog??????BE CAREFUL!!!

This is Lacy after attacking the hose
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan
    Ok i went through the same thing i bought my red tri Australian Shepherd as a purebred....she is now going on 3 years and i have not recieved the paper..so that means she is not a purebred i could not put her in a show or anything withought that piece of paper she means nothing to any of the CKC,ABCA or anyother names on wich are dogs are registerd too...i'd do some background checks before you do anything...what exzctly are you paying for this dog??????BE CAREFUL!!!

This is Lacy after attacking the hose
    It doesn't mean she isn't purebred, it just means she isn't registered

BTW BEAUTIFUL girl!! I want a red Aussie It will be the next one I get!

facebook

Good luck with your puppy, post pictures! If you are still interested in Rhodie/ Rhodie mixes, here are some dogs not too far from your part of Cali...

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6005914

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=2586839

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5953431

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...i?petid=245897

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5567282

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5953359

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=4469861

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5823042 (I love this girl!)

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5889125

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5898645 (This one sounds awesome, too)

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5898645

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5841593 (breathtaking dog!)

And there were TONS more. Might help you understand why people aren't thrilled to hear about your friend... go to petfinder.com, and you'll find a lot of PitBacks who really, really need a home.

I just also wanted to point out that I find it HIGHLY doubtful that the guy who bought *three* dogs is going to be able to successfully show them.

Nobody really understands how much work is put into show dogs, but here's a brief summary:

People show and breed to better and further the good of the breed. Therefore, they search for the healthiest, most correctly built, good-natured dogs. Bloodlines and pedigrees are also very important, so in order to receive a dog that fits these requirements, one has to incorporate himself into the world of dog showing/handling and familiarize himself with the breeders. They have to establish a strong relationship with these breeders. When the breeder finally *does* produce a show quality litter that is capable of winning in the ring and bettering the breed, the person will fork over a hefty amount for (usually) a single pup. I find it HIGHLY doubtful, therefore, that your "breeder" sold three show quality pups to a single man. Those three pups cannot all be show quality. I'm sorry; this doesn't sound plausible at all. I've never heard of this :/ Plus, if showing is going to lead to breeding, one would want a variety of bloodlines and pedigrees (usually) so it would be unfavorable to breed brother to sister so early in the game.

My point...Your breeder just doesn't sound very reputable. I hope this gives you something to chew on. Many of us have bought from Backyard Breeders (myself included) and we've certainly learned our lesson. I have, which is the reason why I chose to adopt my Greyhound instead of waiting a year for an AKC puppy and taking a home away from a needy pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    It doesn't mean she isn't purebred, it just means she isn't registered

BTW BEAUTIFUL girl!! I want a red Aussie It will be the next one I get!
    Thanks so much i have been through alot with that Little girl and she has remained by my side the hole time!!! She is a lover What are your guys Border Collies or some sort of Collie?

Thanks so much i have been through alot with that Little girl and she has remained by my side the hole time!!! She is a lover What are your guys Border Collies or some sort of Collie?
    Nope they're both pure Aussies!

Dont' you love that Aussie trait; they are by your site, no matter what happens or WHERE you go..

facebook

Wow i'm usually good with them they must be young? Beautiful dogs funny thing when i went to go look at The litter and the first pup i seen was a red merle she came running over to me im like ok i want her ..well she was taken.then lacy came wobbling over and of course she was taken also so i picked a blue merle male.... The saturday we went to go get the dog the lady called and said that Lacy's owner said they were not ready for a dog yet so i went out and got her off couse and she has been my baby ever since...i dont think id own another aussie but they are great dogs good family pets and great with Children!!

Wow i'm usually good with them they must be young? Beautiful dogs funny thing when i went to go look at The litter and the first pup i seen was a red merle she came running over to me im like ok i want her ..well she was taken.then lacy came wobbling over and of course she was taken also so i picked a blue merle male.... The saturday we went to go get the dog the lady called and said that Lacy's owner said they were not ready for a dog yet so i went out and got her off couse and she has been my baby ever since...i dont think id own another aussie but they are great dogs good family pets and great with Children!!
    Shoot I can't see myself ever NOT owning an Aussie! hehe. Charlie is a little over a year and a half and Jamie just turned one in January. The thing that throws everyone off about Charlie I guess is he has very very very very faint copper points (you can't even see them at all in the picture). The reds though are my favorite! Red merles and tris.. I really want a tri, but not in the near future, I'll wait until I get my own house first

facebook

A Little information for you on Backyard breeding...
    Just a Little Pixie Dust
    I do run the site.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

i should not say i would never own another....i love my guys bandit was a beautiful black tri....he had such a thick coat he looked awesome,but i lost him last year and he was just a baby and with lacy i think she should be in texas or something she gets her coat in the summer here and has nothing in the winter...going back...alot of people are terrified of aussies around here anyways everytime i had my two out people would clear the side walk.bugged me a bit but oh well they obviously dont know how affectionate they are my sister inlaw has lacy's brother which also is a red-tri and a blue merle so there is alot of Aussies in the family.. i was looking at your pics in your website you truly have beautiful dogs...id be proud of your furbabies

Rhodesian Ridgeback/pitbull puppies

I'm a little hesitant to post anything about these puppies, b/c so many people are so quick to jump down the throats of anyone whose dog got pregnant. Here's the story. My younger brother has a full bred blue pit. His roommate has a full blooded rhodesian ridgeback, and they mated. Both my mom and I did not agree with her not being fixed, however, it has been done and now we are looking for homes. So please do not jump down my throat, it was not my doing! My mom took daisy the week before she gave birth and has had the puppie since they were born.

Daisy had 12 puppies, all of which are doing extremely well. They are 8 weeks tomorrow (6/10/08) They had their first vet visit, received their first series of shots and were de-wormed. Each of them has their own fun and unique personality. I have TONS of pics, but I'm not sure how to post them on here.

If you are interested in one of them please let me know. My email address is [email protected]

why r there so many haters. really i think all dogs different blood to make a breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I honestly don't mean to be rude, but how can you register a mutt? A pitback is not a breed..

Irregardless though I hope you have fun with your new puppy
    are all dogs mutts. look at pitbulls, there are so many different blood lines i can't keep up with them. and pitbull is the best of all dogs [ my opinon]. but i love all dogs. the pit bull is my all time favorite. so don't get me roung. quite hattin on ridgebacks pitmix ok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CREECE903 View Post
    are all dogs mutts. look at pitbulls, there are so many different blood lines i can't keep up with them. and pitbull is the best of all dogs [ my opinon]. but i love all dogs. the pit bull is my all time favorite. so don't get me roung. quite hattin on ridgebacks pitmix ok!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow.... who is "hating" on the mix??? Nobody here, especially not myself, has ever said a negative word about it... now if you are intentionally breeding them, I personally feel that is wrong (go to a shelter and save a mixed pup instead), but otherwise I love ALL dogs. I have absolutely NOTHING against ANY breed whatsoever.

EDIT: Not to mention if you'd read the rest of my posts in this thread you will notice I was one of the posters who continually asked questions and encouraged others to inform the original poster nicely and NOT be rude....

facebook