Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! I Now Have 5 Dogs! (one pic added post #19) Update: the grandpups went home.

Great pictures Robin!! Looks like you have a fun weekend in store for you!

I agree - it looks like a lot of fun!!!
    but wowza!!

never bored with pix!!
    keep em coming!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I loved the pics (hope you have more )...the one of Zack sleeping with all the dogs running around cracked me up. That was a great video too, just look at all those HAPPY dogs! Sammi and Stella sure fit in with your three perfectly!

Another picture to add:

Sammi and Stella waiting for a treat:

Ohhhh, Diana! How do you keep them all calm and happy?....LOL
    Who says they are all ever calm and happy?

I have to say there are times that I think I am going out of my mind especially when all the dogs are barking and the kids are screaming because PaPaw's home. You'd think they hadn't seen him in a month instead of a few hours. Actually you'd be surprised at how calm it is sometimes. You would hardly know there are 8 dogs in the house. Sometimes we give them rawhide to chew on and that keeps them happy for about 5 minutes or so - okay a little longer than that. The little ones tend to play more together than the bigger ones although when Dakota gets out back - look out.

My biggest probelm right now is two of Christy's bark ALOT and now have mine competing with them. Destiny barks at every little noise she think she might be going to hear and Sierra just barks to bark. Now and then when they all start getting to me, we call a time out and as many as we can get into crates go into crates. We have 6 crates so that leaves a couple loose but we try to pick the calmer ones to be out.

Although we have not been able to do it very often, the best way to get them to get along is to keep them tired out. Our yard is not really big enough for them to run in so things don't go as well as they could. But when they get out to the dog park and get to run alot they come home and crash - which is always a good thing!

So how are things going now Robin? You sure have a cute crew with you. I am sure it will be a fun weekend but like it is with all grandkids it will be nice to send them home to their parents too!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Those are some puppy dog eyes! I'm sure they received some treats with those pleading looks.

The grandpups are gone. They went home earlier this evening. I have to say that I am enjoying the quiet. My 3 are passed out and not making a sound.

Diana, things never did really settle down. It was pretty much go go go all the time. I did have some rawhide bones to give them and they were quiet while they were chewing on those. I no longer allow the dogs on the furniture but last night I caved and had 3 dogs in bed with me. Tori, Sammi and Stella were in bed with me, while Katie and Zack laid on the bedroom floor. I have to say that I slept pretty good .

It was good to have them but it is also good to send them back home